TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Feb 12, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #1,921 of 2,185
I found that different headphones react differently on NX1. With my old Beyers, the bass becomes drier and overdamped, making them sound brighter. With Senns, any of them, it is quite opposite, I have a feeling of increased bass, and more control. 

On another note, since you are mentioning so many sources, would be very interested to hear how do you rank all your daps in terms of soundstage.

As per my findings NX1 is slightly cold sounding amp.

In short it may make analytical /flat sounding phones to sound drier but it does a very good job of taming bassy earphones.

I haven't had experience with headphones but for most of my IEMs this holds true.

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #1,922 of 2,185
Any Digizoid ZO users using the NX1? My Zo is on it's last legs and I need something to replace it, and I'm looking for something as neutral as possible to go with my Rockbox devices.

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #1,923 of 2,185
Any Digizoid ZO users using the NX1? My Zo is on it's last legs and I need something to replace it, and I'm looking for something as neutral as possible to go with my Rockbox devices.

Be sure to check the first post. As the NX1 thread grew I logged a summary of members impressions in the first post.

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #1,924 of 2,185
For anyone who is interested in the maximum run time of the NX1, on a full charge, I ran my second one to burn in and burn in a pair of Panasonic headphones that I didn't like the sound of out of the packet.

It ran for 190 hours, the first time, and for 196 hours after a recharge.

I've recharged it and used it several times since but I'm not maxing it out any longer because I don't think it's good for the battery, long term.

Feb 17, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #1,925 of 2,185
  For anyone who is interested in the maximum run time of the NX1, on a full charge, I ran my second one to burn in and burn in a pair of Panasonic headphones that I didn't like the sound of out of the packet.

It ran for 190 hours, the first time, and for 196 hours after a recharge.

I've recharged it and used it several times since but I'm not maxing it out any longer because I don't think it's good for the battery, long term.

Holy ****

I never got actual run time, though I never switch it off and charge once a week.

The little thing is always attached to my desktop's output (Since purchase of Xduoo X2 I don't need any more amping on DAP side)

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #1,926 of 2,185
  Holy ****

I never got actual run time, though I never switch it off and charge once a week.

The little thing is always attached to my desktop's output (Since purchase of Xduoo X2 I don't need any more amping on DAP side)

Oh yeah, I ran mine once for 186 hours and it starting cracking up a bit now I usually charge it after no more than 150. My NX1 is only outlasted by my Tomahawk which will actually run over 400 hours driving iem's, that to me is amazing in itself that two little triple "A"'s can last what seems like forever in the portable world
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 20, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #1,930 of 2,185
The NX1 Vs. NX2 Vs. The Fiio Q1. Which one has the best DAC for Android smartphones?

The NX1 does not include a DAC.  It's an amp only.

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #1,935 of 2,185
  Anyone tried with fostex t50rp mk3 ?

I've tried it with the MK2 and IIRC I felt as if it lacked a bit of omph with them......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back