TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Dec 22, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #1,892 of 2,185
Wow this looks so cool How did you glue the carbon so flush? really good work. You only "forgot" some carbon on the flat side of the volume knob? :)

I really want to know this I love carbon!! :)

The flat side is of the volume part is not carbonised so as not to cover the indication marking ...

Its pretty easy ..catch some tutorial on You Tube ....also the hair dryer is an essential part of the process for readjusting n reapplying & flush finishing ......no JOKE ..lol

For the 1st and 2nd try ..try on some easy flat small item ....and then you are good to go

Dec 24, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #1,893 of 2,185
Thank you very much.

Weird thing the interference with NX1 stopped as soon I changed to ANKER headphone cable. Really quiet now. Before it made alot of noises with or without sound. Now it even stops as Im using my device touching the display. Werd I guess it is really good shielded?

I have heard so many things about this interference problem. Is it just the cable???

Dec 24, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #1,894 of 2,185
Thank you very much.

Weird thing the interference with NX1 stopped as soon I changed to ANKER headphone cable. Really quiet now. Before it made alot of noises with or without sound. Now it even stops as Im using my device touching the display. Werd I guess it is really good shielded?

I have heard so many things about this interference problem. Is it just the cable???

Link please of this Anker cable ...pic would be nice mate ...

Merry Xmas everybody ..hohohohohohohohohoho

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #1,895 of 2,185
Link please of this Anker cable ...pic would be nice mate ...

Merry Xmas everybody ..hohohohohohohohohoho

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Braided-Auxiliary-Tangle-Free-Headphones/dp/B00R15B5TM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451090829&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+jack

It has isolated alot of noise but I still here tiny bits because of wifi. but when it is on airplane or wifi and data turnt off I cant here nothing.

The problem is not the amp it is the phone in general. It is total silent when connected to my desktop dac or pc, only makes noises on phone like other amps do on phone

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year :)

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #1,898 of 2,185
Guys, which is better, this amplifier or Fiio E6? works while charging?

Never heard the E6 but I've heard the E11K and the E12A. Depending on your taste, if you like warm sound then Fiio is the way to go. If you're looking for a more neutral sound then you cant go wrong with NX1, especially considering the price

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #1,900 of 2,185
I've heard that this amp NX1 has  background noise. Is this true? Or is something related to the computer's power USB? I'll connect to a USB Isolator ADuM4160 Teralink board and external power supply.

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #1,902 of 2,185
  I've heard that this amp NX1 has  background noise. Is this true? Or is something related to the computer's power USB? I'll connect to a USB Isolator ADuM4160 Teralink board and external power supply.

Its your IEM's or headphones having to low of ohm impedance.... you need over 16ohm. 

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #1,903 of 2,185

Not so much background noise, but it is supposedly susceptible to RF from smartphones.
FTR, I've used mine hooked to a FiiO X3 running in DAC mode from my laptop with no discernible noise

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #1,904 of 2,185
I see this thread is a little long in the tooth but I just ordered a NX1 after randomly loitering on Amazon (and searching here). It started making sputtering noises early on, so I filled out the return form. When the new one arrived, I noticed that the new one said '150 hr battery life'. Looked at the first one and saw that, sure enough, it said '100 hr'. Looking at the replacement box again I saw that it was a 'NX-1a'. Aside from the big battery life jump, I don't know what is different. Just a heads up for anyone considering this amp. So far, aside from the initial defective one, I'd recommend it.

Jan 10, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #1,905 of 2,185
  I see this thread is a little long in the tooth but I just ordered a NX1 after randomly loitering on Amazon (and searching here). It started making sputtering noises early on, so I filled out the return form. When the new one arrived, I noticed that the new one said '150 hr battery life'. Looked at the first one and saw that, sure enough, it said '100 hr'. Looking at the replacement box again I saw that it was a 'NX-1a'. Aside from the big battery life jump, I don't know what is different. Just a heads up for anyone considering this amp. So far, aside from the initial defective one, I'd recommend it.

Thanks a lot for bringing this to notice, was not aware of it. Yes, it's already on Topping's website with all the graphs, but at the moment only in Chinese version: http://tpdz.net/zh/products/nx1a/index.htm
Besides the battery life, they also switched to micro usb. Interestingly the graph shows far more linear behavior on low gain, the bass roll-off starting on high gain already at around 90 Hz. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back