TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Sep 6, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #872 of 2,185
I'm debating whether to go with this or the Fiio E11k. I'll be using Fiio X1 > amp > Havi B3. I've read many times that this can out-perform the E11, but will it be better than the E11k? Also, my other question is, are the velcro patches that come with the NX1 any good? I'd like to save $15 and not buy the X1 stacking kit if they are. 

Sep 6, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #873 of 2,185
Go with Fiio E11 if you want the bass boost and warmer sound....NX1 will be clean with little colorisation.....me used "O"ring gasket from motorbike for stacking me amp...

Hope this helps you...Cheers

Sep 6, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #874 of 2,185
Go with Fiio E11 if you want the bass boost and warmer sound....NX1 will be clean with little colorisation.....me used "O"ring gasket from motorbike for stacking me amp...

Hope this helps you...Cheers

Thanks for your help! I just need a neutral sound, nothing overpowering anything else, so I may go with the NX1. Also, I'd prefer not to use bands that go around the player, I've never used it but they seem like they'd be in the way a bit. I'll likely go with the NX1 and try out the velcro and bands; if they don't work, I'll get the FiiO X1 stacking kit. 

Sep 7, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #880 of 2,185
If it doesn't work out ..then you can try using 3M dual lock low profile ...personally me don't like to stick tape on me gears ....thats just me

It's not an issue of you get the dual lock with the correct adhesive. It uses either acrylic or rubber based adhesive. Avoid the acrylic. The rubber adhesive dual lock can be removed and the surface cleaned easily without any noticeable difference.

I use Head-fi bands from meets or dual lock. It just depends on the rig and what I'm using it for.

Sep 7, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #881 of 2,185

I use mine with the 3M circular velcros which came with the NX1 amp. I have been using it for more than 3 months. They are strong and reliable. YMMW

Sep 7, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #882 of 2,185

I use mine with the 3M circular velcros which came with the NX1 amp. I have been using it for more than 3 months. They are strong and reliable. YMMW

I might just use what comes with the NX1 then, thanks for your help. Do you know if the adhesive comes all the way off? And do you use any bands?

Sep 7, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #883 of 2,185
  I might just use what comes with the NX1 then, thanks for your help. Do you know if the adhesive comes all the way off? And do you use any bands?

I only use 4 velcro coins for to attach it to my iPod Touch. Adhesive never came off. Never peeled. Holds securely. I use elastic hooks only for my other players. When I receive my spare 3M velcro coins from Aliexpress seller, I will not use the bands anymore.

Sep 7, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #884 of 2,185

I only use 4 velcro coins for to attach it to my iPod Touch. Adhesive never came off. Never peeled. Holds securely. I use elastic hooks only for my other players. When I receive my spare 3M velcro coins from Aliexpress seller, I will not use the bands anymore.

@Baycode..pls update us on the Aliexpress seller 3M velcro thing when they come ...Cheers mate ...me might have other use for them ...

Sep 7, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #885 of 2,185
  @Baycode..pls update us on the Aliexpress seller 3M velcro thing when they come ...Cheers mate ...me might have other use for them ...

Of course buddy
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back