TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Aug 29, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #841 of 2,185
NX1 will be good for zip clip...unless you want coloration and more bass...then you should consider other amp...using NX1 will not alter the sound sig much but will give better definition to the overall sound...

Quote:

Oh yea, that's what I mean.  NX1 is great for any iem in which you already love the sound signature and just need more juice!

Since it's my first headphone amp, I'm really curious about how it will change my listening. Thanks for your help, guys.

Aug 30, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #842 of 2,185
It will enable you to listen louder or use higher impedance headphones. The dynamic range of your music should improve if it exists on your recordings. (Loud and soft attacks on notes should be more 'etched ')

Some people don't notice the dynamic range bit though.

Aug 30, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #844 of 2,185
Hi, how does the NX1 compares to the E11K. Would appreciate some thoughts as I'm looking at the SMSL SAP-5, E11K and NX1. Have got a good idea the difference between the SMSL and Topping but little idea about the E11K. Thanks in advance guys.

Aug 30, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #845 of 2,185
  How is NX1 different than Fiio E6 in detail retrieval?? as E6 normal setting just boosts the sound without any coloration?? how about the soundstage??

IMO, the NX1 is better than the E11 if that puts it in perspective for you. Soundstage is pretty good on the NX1.

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #847 of 2,185
I wouldn't pair the NX1 with a phone. It's not just the EMI, most phones don't have a line out function so you get double amping. I could spot the distortion caused by this through the NX1 connected to my Nexus 5. 

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #848 of 2,185
Me review on Havi B3 Pro I posted in Havi thread....using Clip Zip and Topping NX1 ...did not use me Little Bear B-2 because still waiting for the paint job to dry ..pic at the bottom of review ...its now known as Golden Bear B-2 ..lol

Enjoy the review and if you like it ..thank you .if you don't...also thank you ...lol

Thanks to H20 for that nudge in me getting Havi and Topping NX1... Cheers mate ...thanks .

Havi B3 Pro I Review

Let me start by saying that ...the purchase of Havi B3 has been long time coming ..ever since introduced by @bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year and later its own Havi thread by @Baycode
Recognition and respect to this two guys for introducing Havi and this excellent thread .

..me still resisted buying .....for the simple fact ....this sucker need an amp to really shine ....at that point of time ...me have no amp so no buy Havi.

Been searching for amp ever since ...this year June (Topping NX1) July (Little Bear B-2) and August (SMSL SAP-5s - incoming ) ...with that all in place ....had to ...must get ...with LMUE discount ...hell yeah about 51$ USD ....the wait and patience paid off big time.

For those following this thread ...please start from page one of this excellent thread started by Baycode ...kudos to you man ...must read his review ...burn in time with detailed changes in sound ...in depth with excellent photograph and also autopsy pic on how to dissect Havi ....lol....also other review by much more experienced headfier 

For the price of 60$ ..its a steal ..its a deal ..its a iem that will  achieved cult status someday ..me prediction. ....for those still on the sideline ....give it a try ...if you appreciate audiophile sound ...you will know this baby oozes plenty of “YES” factor comparable to @SyedZ2ez4 much beloved CKR9 ...juz kiddin man ...

Me review will not be as detailed or meticulous of some of very learned headfiers have done for Havi but more of a pictorial review....much has been said of the packaging and thousands of accessories that comes with Havi.

Soundstage and ....width and depth are the best I ever heard ...especially for a drum track that me used to test bass ...me can actually hear the drum beat travelling from left to right with precision of a heart surgeon ...lol ...too much ..I know ..but i dont care 

3D imaging....the imaging of B3 is so 3D like which is very hard to explain ....you gotta have one in your ears to really get a feel ...

Clarity ...is good as far me is concerned but to be honest ....me have to admit CKR9 does better in this department ...but me suspect his judgement is biased ...juz joking

Details and Separation..... me dont own high end gear as most of me stuffs circle around 50$ and most of it are less than ...but its the best of me gears and even better than some much higher price iem me have demo or heard from friends ..with the exception of cuz there are better one out there

Instrument and Vocal Placement....the amazing thing with Havi ...you can actually locate precisely where the instrument and vocal are coming from ....its so surreal as if you can see the band in your head and how the each band members are at what position and where the back up singers are ....

Warning ...AMPING 

Without Amp ...Havi without an amp ...sound is lifeless ..without soul ...dracula without a fang ....kim kardashian without the ass ...

With Amp ....Havi come out to play ...give your kid a bag of sugar and see them run wild ..kickin' n screamin'....everything just comes forward and so alive ...it actually entices you to really pay attention to listen to the song and that moment doesnt go away.

This is Havi with amp ..looks good huh ..

Thanks for reading ..guess me review wont make front page @Baycode

Aug 30, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #849 of 2,185
Just placed an order on Amazon, I had some 50$ worth of gift card balance I was saving for some time so I figured- meh wth.. It's practically free and I know my HD25-1 II + iTouch4 can do better so why not

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #854 of 2,185
EDIT Sept 2014: Received my Velcro's. Quality is not very good but not very poor as well. They are real 3M velcro but cut in to the square base as circles -so you have to peel them off from the base-. 1 cm diameter is somehow a little small. May be appropriate for NX1 but better buy the 2 cm diameter...

Hi NX1 users.

I have been using NX1 connected to my iPod Touch with velcro's.

But sometimes I needed to attach it to my Sansa Fuze and my S2 so I had to use elastic Hooks (bands) for that reason.

But that hooks clutters the operation, so the search begun...

I have searched every possible link in Aliepress and e-bay for the same quality 3M velcro's that came with the NX1 in 1cm diameter.  I was not willing to pay more than 4 USD...

I found an UK seller which sells the coins at cheap but they were not 3M branded. First, I have ordered them without any hopes...

And I found a cheap Aliexpress seller. But they were selling the 3M velcro coins in 50 pieces/pack. I have emailed them and they reduced the price for 20 pieces. I can also choose between white and black (I have send them a message for black one, there is no drop down menu to choose).

Then I realized that some of you may also need them in a 20 pieces pack for 3 USD and I messaged them if they can prepare a page for 20 pieces (at 3USD).

Seller were very responsive and did it. Now I am sharing it to you.

But please keep in mind: I haven't received any of my velcro's yet so I can not comment about their quality. If you want to give a shot, you may try it at your own risk (it's 3 USD finally not a big one). I will inform about the quality after I receiving them.

PS: If you find any other solutions (other than velcro and elastic hooks) please inform.

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #855 of 2,185
  Hi NX1 users.

I have been using NX1 connected to my iPod Touch with velcro's.

But sometimes I needed to attach it to my Sansa Fuze and my S2 so I had to use elastic Hooks (bands) for that reason.

But that hooks clutters the operation, so the search begun...

I have searched every possible link in Aliepress and e-bay for the same quality 3M velcro's that came with the NX1 in 1cm diameter.  I was not willing to pay more than 4 USD...

I found an UK seller which sells the coins at cheap but they were not 3M branded. First, I have ordered them without any hopes...

And I found a cheap Aliexpress seller. But they were selling the 3M velcro coins in 50 pieces/pack. I have emailed them and they reduced the price for 20 pieces. I can also choose between white and black (I have send them a message for black one, there is no drop down menu to choose).

Then I realized that some of you may also need them in a 20 pieces pack for 3 USD and I messaged them if they can prepare a page for 20 pieces (at 3USD).

Seller were very responsive and did it. Now I am sharing it to you.

But please keep in mind: I haven't received any of my velcro's yet so I can not comment about their quality. If you want to give a shot, you may try it at your own risk (it's 3 USD finally not a big one). I will inform about the quality after I receiving them.

PS: If you find any other solutions (other than velcro and elastic hooks) please inform.

Tried blu-tack yet? Use it to stick my e6 to my ipod. Gotta give it a good twist to remove it, but the blu-tack is re-useable and doesn't leave a mess. If you're worried about the amp falling off I managed to pick up of sand filled stand with it attached to the speaker...plenty strong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back