TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Aug 27, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #826 of 2,185
Thanks man...NX1 and Havi is really awesome...it makes you and grab your attention from the word "GO" ...it has that special pulling power to make you listen attentively...like this afternoon doin test run and getting interrupted ...Really annoyed the hell out of me because the way the music is being played...it sucks you in so much so that when you are in the zone...it feels so good..Too much

I can remember this exact experience when I first got UE TF10! People would come to talk to me and I'd be really angry that I had to turn off the music and pull one out of my ears!!...especially with the difficulty of getting a good fit :grin:

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #827 of 2,185
I can remember this exact experience when I first got UE TF10! People would come to talk to me and I'd be really angry that I had to turn of the earphones and pull one out of my ears!!...especially with the difficulty of getting a good fit :grin:

You get me ? I know you do..it's just mess up and when that happens...need to replay the song from the start again

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #828 of 2,185
Yes...NX1 can really drive Havi...Yes..Yes...enjoying me self but too much distraction during the day..Will need some me me time and one to one up close and personal to really get a feel what these pairing can do...as at now one word "WOW"

Too kind of you with the moniker "master" ..me thank you for the compliment but me do not dare to accept this..everyday the time spent in headfi for me is learning and enjoying the camaraderie of like minded people with this addiction...me have to thank a lot of people from this thread and other threads for the knowledge shared...

Me will post some impression later on this pairing...headfi on

Glad you like it.  I have come close to hitting the buy button a few times on the NX1.  The lack of bass boost and EMI have kept me from it (I listen out of smart phone mostly).  Regarding your second comment, I'm definitely a low amateur with all this audio stuff myself (probably more so than you).  But, I would say you are a "master" Head-fi poster with all your crazy GIFs.  Very entertaining.

Here is one back at you:

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #829 of 2,185
Thanks man...NX1 and Havi is really awesome...it makes you and grab your attention from the word "GO" ...it has that special pulling power to make you listen attentively...like this afternoon doin test run and getting interrupted ...Really annoyed the hell out of me because the way the music is being played...it sucks you in so much so that when you are in the zone...it feels so good..Too much

Hi @Wokei, I'm plannig to buy the nx1+b3 combo too and, since I've seen somewhere you got a pink dressed ( :) ) clip zip, can you tell me how is it as source?

Aug 27, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #830 of 2,185
Glad you like it.  I have come close to hitting the buy button a few times on the NX1.  The lack of bass boost and EMI have kept me from it (I listen out of smart phone mostly).  Regarding your second comment, I'm definitely a low amateur with all this audio stuff myself (probably more so than you).  But, I would say you are a "master" Head-fi poster with all your crazy GIFs.  Very entertaining.

Here is one back at you:

Hi @Wokei
, I'm plannig to buy the nx1+b3 combo too and, since I've seen somewhere you got a pink dressed ( :) ) clip zip, can you tell me how is it as source?

slowpickr

Lack of bass boost...you need that if you be bass head but me think the bass output from NX1 is pretty sufficient or more than enuf to be enjoyable.

As for EMI...that you will have to decide whether it is worth taking the risk or go for other higher price amp...me did try it again with me Xioami phone...no EMI for me...could be phone dependent...good luck with your amp pursuit

michele009

Don't plan...buy it...for about 100$ for the sound quality of this pairing is a no brainer...do it..do it

With regard to zip clip...that's me only source...so can't really comment on whether you will like this player...if you on a tight budget...yeah it will do...Kogan MP4 is also another consideration if you are from Australia only...

Maybe if your budget allowed...wait for Fiio X1 ...2 months or more for what is being posted at 100$...hope this helps

Aug 27, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #831 of 2,185
@michele009

Don't plan...buy it...for about 100$ for the sound quality of this pairing is a no brainer...do it..do it

With regard to zip clip...that's me only source...so can't really comment on whether you will like this player...if you on a tight budget...yeah it will do...Kogan MP4 is also another consideration if you are from Australia only...

Maybe if your budget allowed...wait for Fiio X1 ...2 months or more for what is being posted at 100$...hope this helps

I asked about the zip since I have the clip+. I was wondering how it would be with nx1+b3. If it is your only source and you're so happy with sound quality, I think it's a good idea to give that set a try :) thanks

Aug 27, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #832 of 2,185
I asked about the zip since I have the clip+. I was wondering how it would be with nx1+b3. If it is your only source and you're so happy with sound quality, I think it's a good idea to give that set a try :) thanks

If me not mistaken...when doin me research on zip clip...they have the same sound signature as clip+...

Aug 28, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #835 of 2,185
I have been using the combination of ClipZip+NX1+B3.  Sounds great.

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #837 of 2,185
I'm not really sure what you're asking.  The NX1 amplifies the sound coming from the Clip Zip.. someone posted the graph earlier for NX1, it's flat so it amplifies the sound without bias?

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #839 of 2,185
 Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Anyway, it won't affect sound signature, thanks.

NX1 will be good for zip clip...unless you want coloration and more bass...then you should consider other amp...using NX1 will not alter the sound sig much but will give better definition to the overall sound..

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #840 of 2,185
Quote:
   Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Anyway, it won't affect sound signature, thanks.

Oh yea, that's what I mean.  NX1 is great for any iem in which you already love the sound signature and just need more juice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back