TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Dec 24, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #1,231 of 2,185
Anyone know where I can get an angled adapter for the Sony a17 to run to this amp? I am awaiting delivery of the amp and already received a Fiio cable (wm port to 1/8 mini plug) but the cable is not angled and will make it difficult to pocket the device without bending it.

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #1,232 of 2,185
Dropped out of HiFi for a while, just coming back. Looking at getting a set of fostex t50rp and Im wondering how these will drive them. I currently run Sony mdr-v7 as my go to cans.
My key words are analytical, neutral, big soundstage and imaging, and speed speed speed. I don't care for "fun" in your face sound signatures, prefer a cold, crisp laid back sound. I was looking at the e11k but I'm considering the nx1 also. Opinions?

Dec 25, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #1,233 of 2,185
E11K is known for its colder sound signature. NX1 won't change the sound signature of your source. So it's your call.

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #1,234 of 2,185
I've spent part of tonight listening to my new x3 line out to my nx1 to my modded t50rps. The nx1 does a fantastic job for it's price. Its hard to believe it's a 40 amp really. No I'm not saying it's a giant killer or any non sense it's just a clean amp for a low low price .

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #1,235 of 2,185
It was also a let to drive my he4s, not great but it got em loud no clipping. Just no where near as clean as a desktop amp, and busy/complex music got a little smeared up.

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #1,237 of 2,185
I just pulled the trigger one one. Presents for myself!

Its so cheap its almost a "why the hell not?" decision. This thing could have been terrible and I wouldn't have cared to much. But I've been getting really lucky on "bang for your buck" gear lately

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #1,238 of 2,185
Indeed, it ended up being a good buy, especially with that battery life. Forgot to turn it off three nights (turning it off on the morning after waking up) and its still running without me having to charge since - my E12 nor the E17 wouldn't get past the first night!

Dec 26, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #1,239 of 2,185
  Indeed, it ended up being a good buy, especially with that battery life. Forgot to turn it off three nights (turning it off on the morning after waking up) and its still running without me having to charge since - my E12 nor the E17 wouldn't get past the first night!

Amps should definitely boast that much battery life. People already have a lot of things to charge such as phone, dac and more. With added headache of Amp it only gets worse.

Dec 26, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #1,241 of 2,185
  Ain't that almost all the FiiO amps effect? I only have E6 but from what i've been reading...If you have brighter IEMs FiiO amps are maybe a no no with them...

I won't know... I haven't tried one yet. My impressions were based on the opinions I read on head-fi : )

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #1,242 of 2,185
Ain't that almost all the FiiO amps effect? I only have E6 but from what i've been reading...If you have brighter IEMs FiiO amps are maybe a no no with them...

My experience from E5, E11 and E12 is the opposite.

Dec 27, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #1,245 of 2,185
Received my NX1 today, I'm extremely happy with this one!

So far I've tried NX1 with every earphone I have and noticed few common changes it made :
1. Soundstage increased quite a bit
2. Bass has tightened

Amp is little and pretty manageable. Provides more than enough gain for me as I use IEMs almost all the time. 
I see HUGE battery life packed within this. When I received NX1 it was switched ON and the blue LED was glowing. I don't know since how much time it stayed like this. Most probably the guy at customs department did this. But it's been 5 days at least since the amp passed customs. I'm still using it without charging for 4hrs and it's still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back