TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Sep 28, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #1,021 of 2,185
If you
  just wondering if the NX1 is a good pair for the DX50? Right now i only have a Hippo cricri as an amp and which on ewould be a better amp? thank you

If you need soundstage, more detailed instruments, but lack off bass boost, NX1. I had cricri, don't like it, mid high freqs often harsh and add some sibilant. 

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #1,022 of 2,185
Hi!

I'm really interested to this amplifier... but I want to use it in a "desktop enviroment"... my question is: Can I use this amp without battery leaving it connected to an USB port?? 
confused.gif

Thanks in advance!!! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #1,023 of 2,185
Haven't  checked it personally, but as far as I read, you get some background noise, if you listen while charging. But you can run a long time on one charge. I charged my NX1 about two to three times within the past three months.

Edit.
I charged it, not as it was empty, just to support a long battery life.
Btw, you can not remove the battery.

So in a nutshell... you could use it as desktop amp and just charge it form time to time

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #1,024 of 2,185
Hi!

I'm really interested to this amplifier... but I want to use it in a "desktop enviroment"... my question is: Can I use this amp without battery leaving it connected to an USB port?? :confused:

Thanks in advance!!! :beerchug:

The battery life is quoted at 120 hours, which means you could listen to it for about 5 days without sleeping, 24 hours a day. I think (when you do eventually sleep) you can give it a quick charge.

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #1,028 of 2,185
Got it today which is a nice surprise as arrived a day early.  Warming it up now by leaving it on with the clip playing all the way through a 128 gig card.

One quick question though.  Which is better for a pair of headphones like the hd25-II with which I'll be using it?  High or Low gain?

Thanks

Oct 2, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #1,029 of 2,185
  Got it today which is a nice surprise as arrived a day early.  Warming it up now by leaving it on with the clip playing all the way through a 128 gig card.

One quick question though.  Which is better for a pair of headphones like the hd25-II with which I'll be using it?  High or Low gain?

Thanks

Why don't you let your ears decided that for you?

Oct 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #1,031 of 2,185
Since mine are coming

Oct 5, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #1,032 of 2,185

Thanks

Interested how NX1 is working out for you with those HD25. Do you feel they benefit much from the extra push?

Oct 7, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #1,033 of 2,185

Interested how NX1 is working out for you with those HD25. Do you feel they benefit much from the extra push?

Not really had much time to try the combo out as I got my Cosmic Ears micros back from refit.  That particular combo is quite good, as the topping gives the single ba's a touch of warmth and fills out a little.  With the hd 25 ii's it's more about giving them enough volume as even at flat out the poor little clip was struggling somewhat!

Oct 10, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #1,034 of 2,185
Starting to allocate my funds for the Holiday season and next sememester. Looks like it's POSSIBLE to have some money left over and I'm interested in open headphones. Any suggestions for ~$200-250 that pair well with my already aqquired Topping NX1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back