TOPPING EHA5 on Apos Audio: Unlock the True Potential of Your Electrostatic Headphones🎧
Apr 11, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #34 of 153
I assume I need a Stax adapter to use my Koss 95X with this? I thought about buying a Stax amp and adapter for my Koss before but never got around too it.

Apr 11, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #35 of 153
I'm considering getting this for my Koss electrostats just to have a proper volume knob, the godawful split volume control on the Koss amp means I use a little tube pre-amp to control the volume.

Apr 11, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #36 of 153
OMG, this is making me reconsider my future headphone choices, and get an estat!

This is an even better deal, and excellent posted general spec info, over what iFi Audio provide via their iCan/iDSD with ESL combo!
We don't know the power output, just the voltage.

Apr 11, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #37 of 153
What’s the power supply rating on this? I already 15V leaner PSU that I can use for this. Bought it already!

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #38 of 153
Will compare this to my BHSE, and 007t when it arrives using the SR-X9000, and SR-007 mk1. One thing that's apparent is Topping is showing lower end Lamba-series Stax with this amp. So, clearly they are likely targeting users of non summit-fi headphones. That said, for $400 I'll give it a try. :)
If the 007 MK1 sound bad on it, I'll gladly buy the headphones :)

Heh.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Apr 11, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #39 of 153
apos-audio-topping-headphone-amp-topping-eha5-electrostatic-headphone-amplifier-38847841304812_600x.jpg

"Appalling" signal-to-noise ratio :laughing:
Yes... I'm appalled... AND shicked! :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #40 of 153
came out of retirement to congrats topping! Please make more versions with dacs and tubes amps and so forth Estat amps in the future.

Shame on you @schiit for not doing this early, as I commented for you to do it.

All Topping has to do is give us the cleanest, cheapest and powerful Stax amps and they will be unstoppable.

Apr 11, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #41 of 153
came out of retirement to congrats topping! Please make more versions with dacs and tubes amps and so forth Estat amps in the future.

All Topping has to do is give us the cleanest, cheapest and powerful Stax amps and they will be unstoppable.
I like the fact that they keep the price low with
an AC adapter. Hopefully my IFI audio elite PSU will work with this.

Apr 11, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #42 of 153

I'd take just the best sounding and cheapest. :D Have had a few of those measurement-wonderbox DAC's and they didn't do it for me.

Apr 11, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #43 of 153
This Photoshop job tho...

TOPPING_EHA5.jpg

Apr 11, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #45 of 153
Probably worse than the 313 but better than the 252.. neither of which I found to be sufficient
Yeah... 252 is just bad. I'll check it out if it's at AXPONA this weekend(unlikely?), and compare against the Z10E I'm looking to demo. Super cheap pricetags are usually not a good sign, for sound quality :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back