TOPPING EHA5 on Apos Audio: Unlock the True Potential of Your Electrostatic Headphones🎧
Jan 27, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #151 of 153
@Svperstar I haven't heard or experienced any problems with Ifi iESL. Fully transparent too. It gets expensive also because you need a good stereo amp. My system cost about the same as Phantom. But you get Balanced IN>OUT and can use dynamic headphones.

If I could just find used EHA5 somewhere for a reasonable price.

I got mine for $319, came in the original box with all the stuff. I thought that was reasonable.

According to the amp builders the Stax 717 is the best amp Stax ever made, so I got one on eBay

Feb 5, 2024 at 1:34 AM Post #152 of 153
I did, out of the EHA5 the Koss loses abit of its "ghostly" characteristic and has a more full bodied sound, removing that 200hz filter probably has a lot to do with that. It responds well to EQ tho not as well as some of my planars and dynamics or the CRBN.

The Koss sounds better out of the EHA5, but even better out of the two Stax amps I have. I thought the T1S was an especially good pairing even tho technically it is inferior to the 717 my other Stax amp. Just good synergy.
How would you rate the EHA5 vs the T1S and 717 with something like your SR-007mk2?

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #153 of 153
How would you rate the EHA5 vs the T1S and 717 with something like your SR-007mk2?

It doesn't get as loud as the 717, sounds cleaner then the T1S, I have the L500 mk2 btw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back