TOPPING EHA5 on Apos Audio: Unlock the True Potential of Your Electrostatic Headphones🎧
Apr 11, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #17 of 153
probably Birgir will buy one...:ksc75smile:
He’s a very smart guy with strong opinions. I can’t wait to read his thoughts on this unit.

Apr 11, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #19 of 153
Hi all,

Here's another fantastic launch from TOPPING. If you're an electrostatic headphone owner, you know that the right amplifier can make all the difference. Enter the TOPPING EHA5 Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier, designed specifically to help you discover new levels of audio detail and performance. With an impressive 146dB SNR, a powerful 700Vrms and 2000Vp-p output swing, and convenient pass-through functionality, the EHA5 is the perfect companion for your electrostatic headphones, providing a listening experience that's truly immersive and enjoyable.

Here's the link to the blog for more information: https://apos.audio/blogs/news/topping-eha5-amp-announcement
TOPPING EHA5.jpg
what is the current output of the amp?

Apr 11, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #24 of 153
apos-audio-topping-headphone-amp-topping-eha5-electrostatic-headphone-amplifier-38847841304812_600x.jpg

"Appalling" signal-to-noise ratio :laughing:

Apr 11, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #26 of 153
On the Stax Thread III, Kevin Gilmore said that this amp is sort of a souped-up Koss amp. 15 watt power supply. With that little power, I highly doubt it can sustain 700 Vrms across the entire frequency spectrum. But, it looks like a nice cheap starter amp, and it should be a win based on price and availability alone, since Stax has discontinued the 252S and the low-power SRM-D10 is over twice the price (though portable and DAC-equipped). I'm quite tempted myself.

Apr 11, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #27 of 153
On the Stax Thread III, Kevin Gilmore said that this amp is sort of a souped-up Koss amp. 15 watt power supply. With that little power, I highly doubt it can sustain 700 Vrms across the entire frequency spectrum. But, it looks like a nice cheap starter amp, and it should be a win based on price and availability alone, since Stax has discontinued the 252S and the low-power SRM-D10 is over twice the price (though portable and DAC-equipped). I'm quite tempted myself.
Wonder how much an upgraded PSU will make a difference.. They should sell an optional PSUbooster unit

Apr 11, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #30 of 153
OMG, this is making me reconsider my future headphone choices, and get an estat!

This is an even better deal, and excellent posted general spec info, over what iFi Audio provide via their iCan/iDSD with ESL combo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back