Topping DX7 Pro - DAC and balanced headphone AMP with ES9038pro and Bluetooth 5.0
Aug 6, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #106 of 507
Aug 9, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #107 of 507
Can anyone compare the DX7 Pro with Sony's TAZH1ES? And also, has anyone used Sony's IER-Z1R's out of the DX7 Pro, and if so, what did you think? I'm looking for a second desktop amp, and the specs of the DX7 Pro look to be exactly what I wanted.

Aug 18, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #108 of 507
Hi everyone, could anyone say something about dx7pro/a90 vs d90/a90... does it have the dx7pro a good amp by itself?. Could anyone answer the final question in terms of value for money about dx7pro alone vs dx7pro/SMSL sp200 vs dx7pro/a90 vs d90/a90.?... yes, too many questions...:relieved::relieved::dt880smile:

Aug 22, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #109 of 507
Hi everyone, could anyone say something about dx7pro/a90 vs d90/a90... does it have the dx7pro a good amp by itself?. Could anyone answer the final question in terms of value for money about dx7pro alone vs dx7pro/SMSL sp200 vs dx7pro/a90 vs d90/a90.?... yes, too many questions...:relieved::relieved::dt880smile:

Your writing is quite vague, so I don't fully understand your question. However, I do have Dx7 Pro.

DX7pro vs SMSL500, I'd probably go with SMSL since it's cheaper and has lower output impedance.
The only thing it lacks from DX7 pro is the bluetooth connectivity.

The difference between DX7 and D90 is the DAC chip, one uses flagship ESS and the other use flagship AKM.

Sep 21, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #110 of 507
First post on head-fi - be gentle :) After reading several threads, and the terse manual, my understanding is that if the output is set to "PO + LO" that I'm getting VARIABLE (volume controlled) output from both the headphone (SE and balanced) AND the line-out (RCA and balanced) so I could say drive headphones and an external amplifier concurrently. Right?

Oct 1, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #113 of 507
According to this same thread but in the audiosciencereview forum, this dx7 pro volume rocker fails to everybody ater couple years, bit by bit, if you use it. If you don't use it and use the remote, then it doesn't fail... LOL

Not sure if this is worth it for 500€+VAT really, with such a low reputation long term, it ain't cheap. They should make this thing 399,95 already, or make a decent thing with AKM chips dac amp for 400€ max and bomb proof. Otherwise better cash out for an RME I think, at least that one doesnt break has a better remote, better features, akm chips, more musical sound probably, not just measurements...

Oct 8, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #114 of 507
Anyone using a Topping DX7 Pro with an iFi iPurifier3 USB Filter and know if it fits directly in the back of it? The filter is really chunky around the port so it could be blocked by the coax port, unless someone can confirm?

cbYPCEP.png
nENVRcw.png

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #115 of 507
Anyone using a Topping DX7 Pro with an iFi iPurifier3 USB Filter and know if it fits directly in the back of it? The filter is really chunky around the port so it could be blocked by the coax port, unless someone can confirm?

cbYPCEP.png
nENVRcw.png

Might be a tight fit, but iPurifier's USB plug is long and, although it should for secure connection, it doesn't have to go all the way in to work.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 8, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #116 of 507
Just took delivery of a Topping DX7 pro
I only have B&W P7 wired at the moment ( waiting on the Sennheiser 560S )
First impressions are confusing
Some songs sound great , others not so good
I had a Dragonfly cobalt with the same cans and to be honest some songs sounded better than the Topping.
Using Tidal Hifi and Amazon HD from a iPhone and MacBook with USB.
Hoping some better headphones will sort things out .
If not it’s going back.

Oct 8, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #117 of 507
I'm driving HD660s with the DX7 Pro and so far I have been impressed. Perhaps not as warm as desired, but I'm enjoying the clarity and soundstage. I'm a bit of a newbie to high-end headphones, but not a newbie to hi-fi (I've owned rather high-end Martin-Logan setups for 2+ decades for example).

Oct 9, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #118 of 507
Just took delivery of a Topping DX7 pro
I only have B&W P7 wired at the moment ( waiting on the Sennheiser 560S )
First impressions are confusing
Some songs sound great , others not so good
I had a Dragonfly cobalt with the same cans and to be honest some songs sounded better than the Topping.
Using Tidal Hifi and Amazon HD from a iPhone and MacBook with USB.
Hoping some better headphones will sort things out .
If not it’s going back.
Topping dac amps have bad built in amps with Digital wolume control that adds noise. Get better amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back