Topping DX7 Pro - DAC and balanced headphone AMP with ES9038pro and Bluetooth 5.0
Apr 22, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #91 of 507
the balanced port shouldn't be used for IEM to low Impedance headphone simply by how high the outZ are. it also gives basically no benefit in sound, just more power.

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #92 of 507
I have the DX-7 Pro and have been using it daily for the last month. I have it connected via XLR output to an XI Audio Broadway HPA and source is a Metrum Ambre (Mac Mini Core) via AES connection. My headphones rotate as in my signature.

I am very satisfied with this set up and I don't hear that much downside compared to what I had before which was much more higher end (Metrum Pavane L3 DAC and Xi Audio Formula S/Powerman combo).

I got tired of playing 'gear' and now just play 'music.' It's been great.

Although, to be honest, I did just purchase another headphone but that's another story...

Enjoy the music as time/life is short.

Cheers,
CJ

Jul 26, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #97 of 507
Your'e 100% sure? cause i wanan buy a better usb 2.0 cable
Yes. Just compare this to pictures of the back of Topping DX7 Pro.
1595752716256.jpeg

Aug 4, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #98 of 507
Head's up, not sure where the Drop Topping DX7s fits in - I didn't see any DX7s threads like this for the DX7 Pro:

Got an alert that the Topping DX7S is now available on Drop:

TOPPING DX7S BALANCED DAC/AMP - $349 -- $500
https://drop.com/buy/topping-dx7s

If I am reading the Drop lingo correctly it's only open for 4 days and there are 4 units available?

4 days left +4 purchasers needed

Aug 4, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #99 of 507
Head's up, not sure where the Drop Topping DX7s fits in - I didn't see any DX7s threads like this for the DX7 Pro:

Got an alert that the Topping DX7S is now available on Drop:

TOPPING DX7S BALANCED DAC/AMP - $349 -- $500
https://drop.com/buy/topping-dx7s

If I am reading the Drop lingo correctly it's only open for 4 days and there are 4 units available?

4 days left +4 purchasers needed

Are these opened boxed f rom returns?

Aug 4, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #100 of 507
Are these opened boxed f rom returns?
I've been enlightened that the dop lingo used says that the drop needs 4 more buyers within 4 days to make the drop.

I think that means they are new units.

I haven't bought on drop yet, but have exchanged a number of emails with drop support and they respond quickly, so I'd ask drop your questions directly.

Drop Community Support <support@massdrop.zendesk.com>

Aug 6, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #103 of 507
If I knew there's a D90 , I wouldnt have bought the DX7 Pro. It's only $100 more for the D90
What are you trying to purchase? The DX7 Pro is both a DAC and an Headphone AMP while the D90 is only a DAC - there are no headphone outputs, but the D90 can act as a Pre-amp to drive powered speakers or you can drive a downstream amp. The D90 has a fixed output mode (DAC) and a variable output mode (PRE), but again - no headphone outputs.

Aug 6, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #104 of 507
What are you trying to purchase? The DX7 Pro is both a DAC and an Headphone AMP while the D90 is only a DAC - there are no headphone outputs, but the D90 can act as a Pre-amp to drive powered speakers or you can drive a downstream amp. The D90 has a fixed output mode (DAC) and a variable output mode (PRE), but again - no headphone outputs.
Oh really? i didn tknow that, I thought the D90 is a DAC / Amp combo.

Aug 6, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #105 of 507
Oh really? i didn tknow that, I thought the D90 is a DAC / Amp combo.
If you already have the DX7 Pro, then I see nothing to regret with the D90, after all the amplification is more important when looking for its final configuration, in that sense, my advice is to find an amplifier now to pair with your DX7 Pro in Dac mode, I recommend you check the Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-12, FCN-10 and FA-12s thread, best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back