Topping DX7 Pro - DAC and balanced headphone AMP with ES9038pro and Bluetooth 5.0
Nov 14, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #143 of 507
I think I'm going to Burson V6 classic because I just want to know If I can the the tube amp vibes and still getting a decent dynamic range.I got now some nostalgia vibes and I want again to feel tube amp warmness and strong dynamics. Is it bad idea? Or should i just buy seperate expensive tube amp?

Nov 18, 2020 at 4:08 AM Post #144 of 507
I can pull the trigger on this unit for 400€ brand new, I want an endgame desktop solution and I think that this one its perfect for this purpose, what do you think guys?

Nov 18, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #145 of 507
I can pull the trigger on this unit for 400€ brand new, I want an endgame desktop solution and I think that this one its perfect for this purpose, what do you think guys?
That is a steal. Take it. My unit costed 800€ with the tax and still a good value.

Nov 18, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #146 of 507
On the first page of this thread it's mentioned that the output impedance is a bit high. What does that mean? I used to have the DX7S but not the Pro. My headphones currently are the Sennheiser HD6XX and 58X.

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #147 of 507
On the first page of this thread it's mentioned that the output impedance is a bit high. What does that mean? I used to have the DX7S but not the Pro. My headphones currently are the Sennheiser HD6XX and 58X.
It may alter headphones sound if the impedance is more than 1/8th of the headphone. But planars are uneffected on this because they have flat impedance curve. DX7pro output impedance is 10 ohm.

https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/tutorials/how-to-interpret-graphs/impedance/

Nov 20, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #148 of 507
That is a steal. Take it. My unit costed 800€ with the tax and still a good value.
Well, the person who's selling it told me that he bought on aliexpress, its on a pristine condition, just used for a few hours but in any case, as far as I know, there is no warranty or not a good way to manage it, but in any case, he offered me a final price of 380€, I wanted to buy thx 789/a90 but I think that its much better than the ones I mentioned right?

Nov 20, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #149 of 507
Well, the person who's selling it told me that he bought on aliexpress, its on a pristine condition, just used for a few hours but in any case, as far as I know, there is no warranty or not a good way to manage it, but in any case, he offered me a final price of 380€, I wanted to buy thx 789/a90 but I think that its much better than the ones I mentioned right?
A90 has better quality than DX7pro headphone amp section and it cost you alot more when you take the THX 789 DAC to it. For that price take the DX7pro and be happy with it :) It's so cheap that you even probably not regret it if you plan to upgrade to better.

Dec 3, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #150 of 507
I think I'm going to Burson V6 classic because I just want to know If I can the the tube amp vibes and still getting a decent dynamic range.I got now some nostalgia vibes and I want again to feel tube amp warmness and strong dynamics. Is it bad idea? Or should i just buy seperate expensive tube amp?
Did the Bursons fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back