TOOL on HDtracks
Aug 30, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #46 of 84
Fwiw Bandcamp has it for 11.99US

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #47 of 84
Album is a masterpiece.

Aug 30, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #49 of 84
What are the songs that are exclusive to the Downloads ?

Sound Quality is top notch
It's just the segue's between songs .
I'm downloading it from HD Tracks right now and two CDs on Tuesday then come on vinyl

Aug 30, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #51 of 84
Oddly enough Tool as an 'artist' and all their catalogue including Fear has been pulled from Bandcamp. I can't find it anyway. I read over on Steve's forum that the BC download of Fear in FLAC was 44.1/24 when it was there.

I ended up snagging an elusive Special Edition CD on Amazon for $75 CDN which should arrive Sunday. Meanwhile I've purchased the 96/24 FLAC from HDTracks.

Aug 30, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #52 of 84
Oddly enough Tool as an 'artist' and all their catalogue including Fear has been pulled from Bandcamp. I can't find it anyway. I read over on Steve's forum that the BC download of Fear in FLAC was 44.1/24 when it was there.

I ended up snagging an elusive Special Edition CD on Amazon for $75 CDN which should arrive Sunday. Meanwhile I've purchased the 96/24 FLAC from HDTracks.

I actually did not order the special edition CD till the 28th but unknown to me my wife had ordered one almost a month earlier which she was going to give it to me for our anniversary...
So I kind of ruined her surprise and now I have one too many which both will be delivered Tuesday.

She bought hers for less than the $59 I paid ...
But they are selling for scalper prices now which I find kind of sad
because I know people in Australia that paid $140 au and then we're told they would not get it because only a few were actually shipped .

So I don't need two so I might do a trade for something to help someone who could not get one .

One sold on eBay for $300 but I just hate when fans get hijacked so I refuse to do that .

I don't mind people making money off reselling an item ,I actually sold an unopened Salival set at a huge profit but I sat on that for years .

The HD Tracks version is great and I'm actually glad they left the extra tracks off the CD because I don't want to hear them every time...

Aug 30, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #55 of 84
I

The HD Tracks version is great and I'm actually glad they left the extra tracks off the CD because I don't want to hear them every time...

Agreed

I am deleting these songs and saving it as "CD version"

Aug 30, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #56 of 84
I've been a long time customer of HDTracks and every now and then I would search for "TOOL"... nadda until now...It's a great time to be alive people !

The latest release sounds great. Tasty guitar effects panned L/R Stereo/Mono...

Edit:
I did repurchase the catalog and will be doing double blind testing.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #57 of 84
Is the DVD in Slavia 5.1 and anamorphic 480 widescreen ?
I'm not quite sure I still have one but it's kind of never opened because I ripped it to my computer years ago .
I'll have to dig it out

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #58 of 84
FLAC. Could you tell me a track and time where you're hearing crackling? I've noticed a tiny amount of tape hiss in some parts but it's certainly not intrusive.

Btw I've checked the files and the definitely weren't transcoded from a lossy source.

I have also noticed bad crackling/statics in most of the new songs, for example in Pneuma at 0:33, 1:28, 1:31, Descending 2:06 popping in left channel etc, actually there seems to be small multiple distortions in almost every song. These are very distracting given the crystal clear nature of the whole album sound, I'm not sure if they are some byproduct of the synths or some other gear that Tool uses or bad quality mastering/recording. Also I have tried to search the internet and the only mention I could find is here by @Ninth Wave.

The overall sound of Fear Inoculum seems very similar to 10000 Days, yet I can't hear any of the artefacts there. Tried on multiple headphones and sources, both Spotify and CD rip.

Anyone else noticed this?

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #59 of 84
I have also noticed bad crackling/statics in most of the new songs, for example in Pneuma at 0:33, 1:28, 1:31, Descending 2:06 popping in left channel etc, actually there seems to be small multiple distortions in almost every song. These are very distracting given the crystal clear nature of the whole album sound, I'm not sure if they are some byproduct of the synths or some other gear that Tool uses or bad quality mastering/recording. Also I have tried to search the internet and the only mention I could find is here by @Ninth Wave.

The overall sound of Fear Inoculum seems very similar to 10000 Days, yet I can't hear any of the artefacts there. Tried on multiple headphones and sources, both Spotify and CD rip.

Anyone else noticed this?
I hear none of that on the HD Tracks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back