1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

TOOL on HDtracks

Discussion in 'Music' started by CoryGillmore, Aug 3, 2019.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
  1. CoryGillmore
    Man I love the record! Currently my favorite Tool record to date

2. thebkt
    My read is that the band is so meticulous, hence why the album sounds so freakin' amazing otherwise. But someone (not in the band) definitely made a mistake. Digital distortion on palm muted guitars and toms (no doubt happening at specific frequencies) is a mistake to be sure.

Honestly, it personally bothers me more than it otherwise would, because beyond the distortion, the albums sounds so damn good.

CoryGillmore and Ninth Wave like this.
  3. Ninth Wave
    No, I can’t recall other albums off the top of my head that sound better via speakers rather than headphones, or vice versa. But it might make for an interesting thread all of its own.

It’s funny that you hear distortion early in Pneuma because I hear it later! I’m definitely not of the same belief that this is intentional. Like thebkt said, this just seems like somebody stuffed up.

4. CoryGillmore
    Hell it seems like the distortion is even different on different files. It's clear as day to me early on in Pneuma. There could very well be copies out there that don't have any distortion.

5. bigbenrfan99
    I've been getting into Tool lately, and HDtracks is now offering 20% off storewide through 11/30. I have the first 4 Tool albums on CD. There doesn't seem to be a clear consensus about the hi-res versions, but the general opinion on the Steve Hoffman forums seems to be that Lateralus and Undertow are the most improved vs. the original CDs. Has anyone here compared the HDtracks hi-res remasters vs. the original CDs?

6. Signal2Noise
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5