TOOL 10,000 Days CD Packaging. Wow
May 2, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 58
Yes the packaging and art work are very cool indeed. The two lens are used to view the images in the booklet (the ones with seemingly two identical images side by side). Hold both the lens and image vertically and look through the lens; in fact theres illustrations on some of the pages showing you how to do it.

May 2, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 58
Just got the album and has some time to browse the packaging. It's definately worth getting, even if the album isn't your cup of tea.

May 2, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #4 of 58
cant get it to focus
frown.gif

May 2, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #5 of 58
Definatly very cool! You kind of have to look through the lenses like those magic eye things from back in the day. What you get is 3D images!
biggrin.gif

The only one I can't seem to focus is the image on the backside of the cover. I'll get it eventually.

May 2, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #6 of 58
Quote:

Definatly very cool!

Quote:

It's definately worth getting

Arg! It's "definitely" - the word is "definitely"! Why does everyone spell it this way?

Sorry.

Anyway, Tool have really outdone themselves this time. I thought it would be hard to beat the Lateralus packaging. I guess something like this was the logical place to go from the Aenima packaging.

May 2, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #7 of 58
Just picked up my copy from Target, 9.99 w00t
smily_headphones1.gif
Must say the packaging is incredible. It's definately gonna be tough for them to outdo this one.
tongue.gif

OT: just took a look and there are 17 pages of threads containing "definately"
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #8 of 58
Easiest way to see the 3d effect is not to cross your eyes like with those 3D posters, but to hold the book open to view and move the whole setup away or towards your eyes while looking through the lenses until it comes together. This changes the focal distance.

Quick question:
Is the vulture picture blury for everyone...the picture itself (without looking through the lenses) or do I have a bad print.

May 2, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #9 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by megawzrd
Is the vulture picture blury for everyone...the picture itself (without looking through the lenses) or do I have a bad print.

blurry vulture here too.

May 2, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #11 of 58
I don't have the CD but someone here posted a picture of (I think) the back cover. What's the purpose of the glasses? I could focus on the 3D image just as it was. Are the glasses just supposed to help or is there more to see?

May 2, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #12 of 58
Vulture is definetly blurry, haha, I thought it was my eyes.

What an album though, don't know if it its better than Aenima or Lateralus but for 9.99 CAD, it's completely worth it.

In the day and age of record companies and artists complaining of the lack of CD-sales, Tool completely outdid themselves in terms of packaging, giving a huge reason to actually buy the CD.

The album is so much better in CD quality though wow, I had an early torrent of it and it sounded awful with lots of artifacts.

May 2, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #14 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenja
I don't have the CD but someone here posted a picture of (I think) the back cover. What's the purpose of the glasses? I could focus on the 3D image just as it was. Are the glasses just supposed to help or is there more to see?

I just tried focusing without the lens and while its possible to do its difficult to focus, takes time and puts strain on the eyes. Looking through the lens is almost instantaneous and considerably clearer, since the lens magnifies the image. So yes, the lens definitely helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back