TOOL 10,000 Days CD Packaging. Wow
May 4, 2006 at 1:28 PM Post #46 of 58
While I love the album itself, as well as Alex Grey's artwork, I have to agree with some of the previous posters that the packaging is gimmicky. In fact, I find it annoyingly gimmicky. I would have much rather preferred a case without the 'stereoscopic' glasses, and one blown up image, instead of 2 of the same side by side on each page.

Don't get me wrong... I am a huge fan and love the music to pieces (on all albums) but I find this packaging disappointing. I really appreciated the work they put into the Salival booklet and feel something like that has a lot more...elegance and class.

May 5, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #48 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by okay_player
While I love the album itself, as well as Alex Grey's artwork, I have to agree with some of the previous posters that the packaging is gimmicky. In fact, I find it annoyingly gimmicky. I would have much rather preferred a case without the 'stereoscopic' glasses, and one blown up image, instead of 2 of the same side by side on each page.

Don't get me wrong... I am a huge fan and love the music to pieces (on all albums) but I find this packaging disappointing. I really appreciated the work they put into the Salival booklet and feel something like that has a lot more...elegance and class.

Without the glasses and one large image you won't get the 3-D effect, which I find to be the thing that will keep me coming back to the artwork on this album moreso than the others.

May 5, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #49 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by claymon
get a life....

the album art is growing on me though, it does enhance the initial listening experience quite a bit.

get a life?
what are you, 13?
take it easy bro-just a joke...

May 5, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #50 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMHBAT
So I've managed to rig up the stereoscopic lenses on my head so that I can use them hands-free while driving and operating heavy machinery. . .

In my two months or so on this forum....that was the first post that has actually made me laugh out loud.

Irony is the essence of life.

May 7, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #51 of 58
Great package design............but:

-cardboard CD sleeve sux big time, very hard to get CD in/out and certain to scratch up CD!
(I am using slim jewel case or paper sleeve for CD)
mad.gif

-not impressed with black on black artwork for exterior of CD package, although I realize this is carry over theme from prevoius CDs, could have tremendous impact with just a "touch" of color as in the eyes behind lens flap (that would be cool)

Interior booklet and CD label are great, and 3D viewing concept is very cool and cutting edge for CD package.

May 7, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #53 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel

-cardboard CD sleeve sux big time, very hard to get CD in/out and certain to scratch up CD!
mad.gif

Yeah - I just went ahead and made my own standard jewel case packaging so it still looks TOOL-ish.

May 7, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #55 of 58
Well - like I said - I made my CD jewel case.
Here is the artwork I used. - It's not a good job as I don't know how to use photoshop - so if someone has something better - please share it.
icon10.gif

front.jpg

rear.jpg

May 7, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #56 of 58
uh lff, i think you got a black market copy. that cover doesn't look right.
wink.gif

May 7, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #57 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel

mad.gif

Ditto. Nonetheless I love the whole idea of the packaging. Luckily I still have some 100 empty jewelcases lying around.

May 7, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #58 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
uh lff, i think you got a black market copy. that cover doesn't look right.
wink.gif

lol
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back