Tokyo Headphone Festival presented by FUJIYA AVIC, May 10-11, 2014 (PICTORIAL)
Jul 16, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #17 of 30
You lucky bastards.... I want one of those in Poland...

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #19 of 30

Yamagishi's ode to the sizzurp? 
wink.gif

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #20 of 30
Great report mate. Still so much I missed despite being there for 2 days! Got to make a point to look out for Oji Special in the next show.

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #23 of 30
your report was deeper and better organized than most trade-shows articles your read on Stereophile and other audio-mags. Very impressive!

Jul 16, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #24 of 30
Jul 17, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #25 of 30
Wow what a awesome show report. Kudos to you. This looks to me to be one of the best and most complete show reports that I have seen on head-fi. This must have taken a lot of time and effort and I really appreciate the report.

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #27 of 30
Thanks for all of the nice compliments!

Quote:

Yamagishi's ode to the sizzurp? 
wink.gif

It reminds me of the color of my tongue after eating Gobstoppers or ’Island Punch’ Jelly Belly.  The color is called Edo Murasaki (Edo = old name for Tokyo, Murasaki = purple).  I dug up some info on it because I was curious myself:

"To Japanese people purple has been used in various settings as a color familiar to people since long ago before the Heian-Period (794 - 1185). In 603, Prince Shotoku established the first system to rank officials into 12 levels by their headgear colors and chose purple to represent the highest level. In an age when purple was used for the clothes of the Emperor of Japan, it was also forbidden for others to use this color.

Even in modern times, purple is widely used; from culture and sports (for example in kabuki (Japanese classical drama) and professional sumo wrestling) to image colors of companies. In professional sumo wrestling only those who have become at least an ozeki (a sumo-wrestler of the second highest rank) can use a purple kesho-mawashi (an elaborately embroidered sumo apron)."  (source)

Great report mate. Still so much I missed despite being there for 2 days! Got to make a point to look out for Oji Special in the next show.

I always see what I missed when looking at other people’s posts on this.  In fact sometimes I ask myself why I bother doing these so late.  But they seem to complement each other.

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #28 of 30
I always see what I missed when looking at other people’s posts on this.  In fact sometimes I ask myself why I bother doing these so late.  But they seem to complement each other.

The timing of this report can't be better though. Drums up excitement in the next Fujiya event tomorrow :D.

Jul 27, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #30 of 30
Fantastic summary and write up. I really enjoyed reading and studying the photos. Thank you for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back