To the girl I saved from Bose QC3s last night at Best Buy in London!
Oct 2, 2010 at 12:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

milhouse6

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, 

If you happen to come here to head-fi like I recommended and get this message, I forgot to mention that we have an ok little collection of headphones here you'd be welcome to try if you like. Always happy to help a student. I'm not looking to sell anything I have, but just to help you get a frame of reference. I have 5 or 6 sets worth maybe $100-$200 -- and all are better than the $350+tx Bose QuietComforts! 

While I don't think any of my headphones are perfectly ideal your audio engineering course, it would still give you an idea of what else is out there instead of what is carried at the big box stores -- equal or far better to their highest-priced stuff for about half to a third of the price. You'd be able to side-by-side open vs closed headphones, and try out a few different brands - Grado, Beyerdynamic, and Audio-Technica.

Send a private message if you like. To be clear, not hitting on you or anything -- my GF can supervise LOL. Just trying to be nice and helpful, as I know how difficult it is to find good headphones here in London Ontario.

Cheers and good luck with your course. Congratulations on dodging the Bose bullet!

Oct 2, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #3 of 33

Quote:
I'm pretty sure a pare of $70 Sony MDR V6's would do her more justice then the Bose.

You're right, but I wouldn't recommend those to her either for an audio engineering course. 

Hardly anyone was working and I was waiting for the sales rep, so I couldn't help but overhear him pitching the QC3s to her. The poor advice was making my skin crawl. $349+tx! Yikes. 

Oct 2, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #4 of 33
Why were you in a Bose store in the first place?

EDIT- I now see that you were at Best Buy, sorry
Quote:

You're right, but I wouldn't recommend those to her either for an audio engineering course. 

Hardly anyone was working and I was waiting for the sales rep, so I couldn't help but overhear him pitching the QC3s to her. The poor advice was making my skin crawl. $349+tx! Yikes. 

Oct 2, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #5 of 33
this is above and beyond of what i was expecting
blink.gif

Oct 2, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #9 of 33
The OP might be on to something here. Next time I see a pretty girl with headphones, I think I have my opening now!
wink_face.gif

Oct 2, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #10 of 33

Quote:

What would recommend then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back