To crossfeed or not to crossfeed? That is the question...
Oct 16, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #1,246 of 2,146
1a. Well it wasn't me who came up with this analoque. I don't need to talk about F1 cars and washing machines here. I believe the improvements crossfeed does are significantly greater than any theoretical damage. If that wasn't the case I am sure after 7 years I would have noticed that the damages make crossfeed unusable? That's why I don't use crosstalk canceling with speakers either. I believe it's better to have that acoustic crossfeed, it's part of the tricks of stereophonic sound to fool spatial hearing in a sensical way. As I said I did analyse what crossfeed does to sound when I got into it in 2012 and noticed that the theoretical problems are insignificant compared to the benefits and my ears and spatial hearing agrees. Similar problems such as mono colourization exist also with speakers (due to acoustic crossfeed), but nobody seems to care and that's fine, because that's a part of the conceptual imperfections of stereophonic sound. People like you care about these "problems", because crossfeed appear ADDITIONAL processing of sound as the default sound with headphones is crosstalk canceled, which of course is not how it's supposed to be, but people have got used to the idea that headphones don't have crossfeed and people like me have hard time educating people to un-learn and then re-learn what headphone sound should be.

When did you assign yourself this role and why do you believe your view of this should be adopted by all? The arrogance of that statement...

Stop already.

Oct 16, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #1,247 of 2,146
When did you assign yourself this role and why do you believe your view of this should be adopted by all? The arrogance of that statement...

Stop already.

I did assign myself this role in 2012. I believe that among those views (many of them political and not suitable for this forum) of mine that should be adopted crossfeed is one of the most important. Maybe I sound arrogant, but just trying to leave my mark in the World, create a purpose of my existence. I believe all people need that. So do I. How am I any more arrogant than someone who tells people should stop eating meat? Humans are biologically carnivores...

Oct 16, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #1,248 of 2,146
I did assign myself this role in 2012. I believe that among those views (many of them political and not suitable for this forum) of mine that should be adopted crossfeed is one of the most important. Maybe I sound arrogant, but just trying to leave my mark in the World, create a purpose of my existence. I believe all people need that. So do I. How am I any more arrogant than someone who tells people should stop eating meat? Humans are biologically carnivores...

Good for you. And good luck imposing your personal views, however scientifically incomplete they are on others.

I really don't care what views of yours should be adopted and I think you'll find more happiness in the world if you stop trying to impose your will on everyone else, particularly where you are unable to validate them.

That's about as nice a response as I can make, because your post makes you sound like an irrational zealot.

Oct 16, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #1,249 of 2,146
2. Why are you that dishonest? Are you that desperate at this point? I mentioned ER and reverberation. You quoted me without those and when I quoted you quoting me you blame for not mentioning ER and reverberation? Actually I noticed that a total asshole could try to use such dishonest moronic trick, but of course I expected better from you. I am sorry I have made you that desperate and made you dig yourself deeper. Yes, speakers in room create acoustic crossfeed, ER and reververation, so please next time quote me honestly, thank you!

Who is the desperate, dishonest, total asshole, moron here? Below is the exact full, unedited quote of your post, where do you mention ER and Reverb? I can't even be bothered to respond to just more repeats of the same old nonsense, You clearly need professional help!!

I have clearly beaten you in this debate. The points by you I have been answering (tiresome work) are pretty weak and easy to rebuke and this post of you hits a new low, so much so that I am surprised. All you have at this point is "you are repeating the same falsehoods and circular arguments". Sure, I am REPEATING stuff like crazy, but they are FACTS! Speakers in a room create acoustically crossfed direct sound … is a 100 % fact and you know it. Me repeating it doesn't change anything. Facts are facts, repeated or not.

I don't want to beat you. That's ugly. I want you to see the light so we can agree about crossfeed and this debate comes to an end.

Enough already!!

G

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #1,250 of 2,146
Who is the desperate, dishonest, total asshole, moron here? Below is the exact full, unedited quote of your post, where do you mention of ER and Reverb? I can't even be bothered to respond to just more repeats of the same old nonsense, You clearly need professional help!!

Enough already!!

G

It's those three dots (…) after word sound. I have mentioned ER and reverberation many times here before this post so you know I aknowledge them. Of course I do since I have studied acoustics in university. Crossfeed doesn't emulate ER or reverberation so why would I be talking about ER or reverberation when crossfeed doesn't do that? Crossfeed does crossfeed and that's much more than nothing!

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #1,251 of 2,146
pöh!

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #1,252 of 2,146
[1] It's those three dots (…) after word sound.
[2] I have mentioned ER and reverberation many times here before this post so you know I aknowledge them.

1. You accused me of being a desperate, dishonest moron, etc., for deliberately removing your "mention of ER and reverb" from the my quote. Show me where you "mentioned ER and Reverb" in your post (that I supposedly removed), otherwise you are clearly demonstrating which of us is being the desperate dishonest moron!!!

2. Sure you've mentioned ERs/reverb previously but, firstly, you did NOT in the post I quoted and secondly, it's a common habit of yours to acknowledge facts and then just repeat the same old nonsense which ignores them!! How many times? Round and round you go!

Just repeating the same nonsense over and over again, talk of leaving a mark on the world by you being a messiah/dictator and throwing about false accusations and insults does NOT educate us about crossfeed, it just educates us about your mental state (or lack of it) and the more you do it, the more we are convinced of your mental state. Do yourself a favour (and us) by stopping this madness!

G

Oct 16, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #1,253 of 2,146
1. You accused me of being a desperate, dishonest moron, etc., for deliberately removing your "mention of ER and reverb" from the my quote. Show me where you "mentioned ER and Reverb" in your post (that I supposedly removed), otherwise you are clearly demonstrating which of us is being the desperate dishonest moron!!!

2. Sure you've mentioned ERs/reverb previously but, firstly, you did NOT in the post I quoted and secondly, it's a common habit of yours to acknowledge facts and then just repeat the same old nonsense which ignores them!! How many times? Round and round you go!

Just repeating the same nonsense over and over again, talk of leaving a mark on the world by you being a messiah/dictator and throwing about false accusations and insults does NOT educate us about crossfeed, it just educates us about your mental state (or lack of it) and the more you do it, the more we are convinced of your mental state. Do yourself a favour (and us) by stopping this madness!

G
1. Maybe I got confused (so many posts), but you keep telling how I ignore ER and reverberation.

2. I have said that I don't think ER and reverberation matter much in this context so why would I keep talking about them all the time? If you come up with ER/reverbration simulation on headphones then we can discuss about that. Crossfeed doesn't do ER and reverberation.

My mental state is not the subject of this threat, nor is it your business. If I stop "this madness" what is left? Some subjective opinions about crossfeed? That's ok, except this is supposed to be the science section.

Oct 16, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #1,254 of 2,146
1. You don't seem to understand that cherry-picked scientific facts is NOT science, it's pseudoscience or complete irrelevant nonsense. Again, skin effect is a scientific fact but cherry-picking that one scientific fact, ignoring the others (such as skin effect doesn't affect audible frequencies) and applying that one scientific fact to analogue audio cables is NOT a "scientific point of view", it's the opposite, a perversion of the science! How many times?

2. Huh? Using your logic, science itself is kind of attacking "those pioneers who invented crossfeed", by dropping crossfeed in favour of more sophisticated models and of course the "proof of the pudding" is that crossfeed is as you say, a small market because in practice it doesn't work (is not preferable) for many people. I don't subscribe to your logic though!

3. That's a pretty serious error of judgement on a number of different levels! Firstly in trying to be a messiah of anything. Secondly, picking something that maybe a truth for you but isn't a universal truth and lastly, trying to achieve that in a science forum!!!
3a. And insults are just as unacceptable here as falsely presenting a preference as a "universal truth".
3b. That's up to you. But just endlessly repeating the same false "universal truth" is not going to change anything here. Which brings us back again to the cliche attributed to Einstein, which you're ignoring!

G
1. Just like knowing skin effect doesn't really matter on audio frequencies I know the spatial facts I "ignore" don't matter much either.

2. Pioneers of crossfeed didn't know about more sophisticated models. If modern science/technology attacks them so be it…

3. Yes.

3a. Yes.

3b. This could have been "universal truth" if I was lucky, but I rarely am.

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #1,257 of 2,146
I have never seen such a long thread here with so little helpful info about the actual subject

Welcome to the Internet my child! Being an active poster in threads like this is a norm for me. It all started for me in 2005 on a forum in a thread about the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy. Just like there are crossfeed haters and lovers, there are Prequel Trilogy (and now even Disney Wars) haters and lovers. I have debated so much over the years about religion and politics too, but those topics are "not allowed" here so I keep silent about them.

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #1,258 of 2,146
Oct 16, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #1,260 of 2,146
We need bingo cards to check off the symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back