Tired of buying 10 dollar headphones - NEED HELP PLEASE
Mar 19, 2013 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jennyfer08

New Head-Fier
I am tired of buying cheap $10 headphones from the drugstore. My brother told me that Sennheiser was a good brand, but he couldn't tell me which ones. So I found this website while doing some research. I figured I would ask. 

I want over ear headphones. I am willing to pay up to 150 but 100 sounds better. I am not a audiophile or anything so I really don't know all the terms to describe what I want. I like all types of music but mainly music with bass. I am slightly deaf so the volume has to be able to be high without messing up the sound quality (if that is possible). I have heard so many bad things about beats which I was thinking about getting but I don't want to waste my money when I can get something better. I would be willing to buy more than one pair. One for isolation which I think is called closed ear and another for day to day usage. 

I just want good bass, durability because I do move around alot during the day, and comfortable of course. Any help is great. Thank you in advance. 

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #2 of 8
If you don't mind me asking, do you know what caused your hearing loss?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #3 of 8
Your price range is not easy to get the quality your looking for. Good quality bass, isoation, around $100...try this:

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363700312&sr=8-1&keywords=m50+headphones

Easy to amp and built like a tank. Welcome to headfi!

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #4 of 8
I don't know, my parents don't care to much to find out. As long as I can hear something they say I am fine. Whenever I get hearing test, my hearing always get commented on, so your guess is as good as mine.

Thank you thank you, do you have any other suggestions that are atleast around 150 under 200. Like I said I am not professional or anything, I just want to be able to be comfortable and have a long lasting pair of headphones. Maybe another pair that I can get that is better quality than the ones suggested

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #5 of 8
ath m50, akg k167-both closed, and I liked both of them.

however, it probably is important to get your hearing checked out because while one ear struggles to hear, you're still putting the same volume (which you stated was loud) to your other regular ear which can't be good long term.

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
I am tired of buying cheap $10 headphones from the drugstore. My brother told me that Sennheiser was a good brand, but he couldn't tell me which ones. So I found this website while doing some research. I figured I would ask. 

I want over ear headphones. I am willing to pay up to 150 but 100 sounds better. I am not a audiophile or anything so I really don't know all the terms to describe what I want. I like all types of music but mainly music with bass. I am slightly deaf so the volume has to be able to be high without messing up the sound quality (if that is possible). I have heard so many bad things about beats which I was thinking about getting but I don't want to waste my money when I can get something better. I would be willing to buy more than one pair. One for isolation which I think is called closed ear and another for day to day usage. 

I just want good bass, durability because I do move around alot during the day, and comfortable of course. Any help is great. Thank you in advance. 

I suggest you should check your hearing before you start to play a loud music through the headphones, safety first, seriously

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #7 of 8
The three most recommended headphone like that are the Audio Technica M50's, Ultrasone HFI-580's, and Beyerdynamic DT-770 80 ohms. I went with the Beyers because of the edge they have in comfort and durability, but they are more difficult to amp than the others, so they may not get loud enough for you. Search through some of the reviews, though, and you might find that one jumps out at you.

Mar 19, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #8 of 8
If you're coming from $10 headphones the M50's are a good start. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back