Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Sep 14, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #1,201 of 1,427
Hahaha... :)
The P1 is extremely detailed. In this case it plays in the $1000 cathegory.
I got Quad era1 and Final pandora 6 headphones, those are really fine pieces for the price and I don't feel drawback with the P1 when it's used with the same desktop gears I use for these phones.
I second this. No exaggeration. I come from HD800/SDRmod/Sdragons everywhere/Hugov1 which I looooooove and when I'm listening to P1 I'm not rushing back.

*** Part of my enjoyment is down to never directly comparing headphones. I listen to only one headphone per day. I dont believe in ruining the experience, which is a strong possibility when making comparisons.

I'm positive if I did an a/b the P1 would lose. Why would I do that to the little guy??

Sep 14, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #1,202 of 1,427
1000 usd is a stretch lol, but they are certainly NOT lacking in details.

(you cant really compare iems to headphones, and with iems the LZ A6 is much more detailed for example at around 200 usd.)
That would have been the case if it didnt have moisture issues.....

The A7 is coming out really soon (review unit has been sent out), so might be better to wait for comparisons on the A6 vs A7 with the sound.

Fit/comfort should be much better on it looking on the pictures and no moisture issues on it according to LZ. Although the A7 is around 320 usd so about 100 usd more than the A6.
Thats alot, i actually have a pair of FLC8's which i love but i want a second pair of good sounding IEMS. Perhaps i might be better with the FLC 8S for that kind of money.

Sep 14, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #1,203 of 1,427
Sep 14, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #1,204 of 1,427
Hmm interesting, the A6 is also cheaper aswell, but as you said i should wait for the A7. I was excited to try the tips and filters when i first got the FLC 8S but i found that from the stock configuration i preferred it over everything else, so i guess one might be paying for features that are not even used. The P1's were definitely interesting and i thought they would complement my 400i's well, however i think there might be better options for the same or slightly more money.

Sep 14, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #1,205 of 1,427
Hmm interesting, the A6 is also cheaper aswell, but as you said i should wait for the A7. I was excited to try the tips and filters when i first got the FLC 8S but i found that from the stock configuration i preferred it over everything else, so i guess one might be paying for features that are not even used. The P1's were definitely interesting and i thought they would complement my 400i's well, however i think there might be better options for the same or slightly more money.
The P1 is NOT something I would recommend unless you use EQ with it. That bass is anemic with or without proper amping.

The reason Im not really recommending the A6 is due to many reports on moisture issues on it and the fit can be weird. The A7 seems to have fixed both of that, but of course it is 100 usd more expensive so that might be a dealbreaker. A lot of people are getting review units on it, so I recommend waiting for impressions or reviews (although reviews for this one might take a while due to the many configurations lol).

Sep 14, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #1,206 of 1,427
The P1 is NOT something I would recommend unless you use EQ with it. That bass is anemic with or without proper amping.
I'm new to iems. I own the Tape and P1 so far. I'm trying to understand where people are coming from when they talk about a lack of bass or even say "that bass is anemic". For me there is plenty and high quality.

Quality and quantity of bass is a relative thing.

"That bass is anemic".

Compared to what?

Sep 14, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #1,207 of 1,427
I'm new to iems. I own the Tape and P1 so far. I'm trying to understand where people are coming from when they talk about a lack of bass or even say "that bass is anemic". For me there is plenty and high quality.

Quality and quantity of bass is a relative thing.

"That bass is anemic".

Compared to what?
1600105895212.png

I use the term anemic to describe the bass quantity. Which essentially means there is no bass quantity, it is lacking a lot of it. It does not sound normal at all for my music.

Quality however is pretty good on it, but you need to use EQ to increase the quantity (or some kind of bass-booster like in some amps).

"Compared to what?", compared to all 57 of my iems and using music as the scoring system. There is simply not enough bass at all. The only iem I have heard with actual worse bass quantity is the Final Audio F3100 but that one is worse in both quantity and quality to the P1 (it is F ranked for a reason).

Sep 14, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #1,208 of 1,427
1600105895212.png
I use the term anemic to describe the bass quantity. Which essentially means there is no bass quantity, it is lacking a lot of it. It does not sound normal at all for my music.

Quality however is pretty good on it, but you need to use EQ to increase the quantity (or some kind of bass-booster like in some amps).

"Compared to what?", compared to all 57 of my iems and using music as the scoring system. There is simply not enough bass at all. The only iem I have heard with actual worse bass quantity is the Final Audio F3100 but that one is worse in both quantity and quality to the P1 (it is F ranked for a reason).
Everyone has a responsibility to be careful with their words.

So...I would like you to consider the difference between 2 statements:1) That bass is anemic; and 2) the bass quantity is less than any other iem I own.

Which one is more an objective statement and which one is just your opinion?

Sep 14, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #1,210 of 1,427
Everyone has a responsibility to be careful with their words.

So...I would like you to consider the difference between 2 statements:1) That bass is anemic; and 2) the bass quantity is less than any other iem I own.

Which one is more an objective statement and which one is just your opinion?
There is no objectivity in this hobby. Better bass for some doesnt mean it is objectively better, just that it suits you better.

If there is objectivity it is using music as a referrence. And for my music it is anemic = not enough so it sounds unnatural. This applies to my orchestral music too.

(2:18-2:42), you can barely hear the bass strike here. and it makes the entire spectrum (mids, treble) sound lifeless.

(2:00-2:57), sub-bass extension is not good, it makes it also lacks a bit of rumble.

(1:11-1:40), you can hear it but cant feel it.

Sep 14, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #1,211 of 1,427
There is no objectivity in this hobby. Better bass for some doesnt mean it is objectively better, just that it suits you better.

If there is objectivity it is using music as a referrence. And for my music it is anemic = not enough so it sounds unnatural. This applies to my orchestral music too.

(2:18-2:42), you can barely hear the bass strike here. and it makes the entire spectrum (mids, treble) sound lifeless.

(2:00-2:57), sub-bass extension is not good, it makes it also lacks a bit of rumble.

(1:11-1:40), you can hear it but cant feel it.

I take my audio experience very seriously. I invest alot of time reading threads and reviews.

Comments like yours..."that bass is anemic"...are a complete time waster. Its not just you. There is ALOT of that going on.

If I had read your words and trusted them I would have missed out on a great iem experience.

Instead of making such an effort to defend your words, make a similar effort instead to understand where I, and others, are coming from.

You do understand that your experience of the world is not the only experience of the world?

And BTW, I understand what the word 'anemic' means. Providing a definition was condescending.

How old are you?

Sep 14, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #1,212 of 1,427
I take my audio experience very seriously. I invest alot of time reading threads and reviews.

Comments like yours..."that bass is anemic"...are a complete time waster. Its not just you. There is ALOT of that going on.

If I had read your words and trusted them I would have missed out on a great iem experience.

Instead of making such an effort to defend your words, make a similar effort instead to understand where I, and others, are coming from.

You do understand that your experience of the world is not the only experience of the world?

And BTW, I understand what the word 'anemic' means. Providing a definition was condescending.

How old are you?

1600110078656.png

Hehehe, Fight dearies!

Sep 14, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #1,213 of 1,427

How old are you?
If you have read the reviews on it here, you would see that a lot of them have called it bass light or rolled off sub-bass.

Again, if you like it thats fine and all. But for other people reading this, there are plenty of other iems at or under this price that offer a more complete sound when talking about the stock version. If you apply EQ it is one of the best you can get in this range.

Of course I know that my experience isnt the only one out there, thats why I said that there is no objectivity in this hobby. Only subjectivity and my subjective opinion on the stock P1 is that the bass quantity is way too low to sound natural.

As for my age, I am 20. If that makes you laugh then go ahead.

Sep 14, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #1,214 of 1,427
If you have read the reviews on it here, you would see that a lot of them have called it bass light or rolled off sub-bass.

Again, if you like it thats fine and all. But for other people reading this, there are plenty of other iems at or under this price that offer a more complete sound when talking about the stock version. If you apply EQ it is one of the best you can get in this range.

Of course I know that my experience isnt the only one out there, thats why I said that there is no objectivity in this hobby. Only subjectivity and my subjective opinion on the stock P1 is that the bass quantity is way too low to sound natural.

As for my age, I am 20. If that makes you laugh then go ahead.
Peace.

I actually didn't come here looking for a fight but I've been getting a bit wound up about this lately and you just happened to walk by...

I asked your age instead of posting a definition of condescending. See how that works?

I actually dont care how old you are. My 9 year old daughter and I have amazing conversations and experiences about life all the time. But hey, she's my daughter, she's probably just advanced.

I simply wish for a little more nuance in communication, especially when my hard earned is on the line.

I sometimes get a little tired of the members whose only experience of music seems to come from clubbing and car audio, especially when I'm reading the iem threads.

I apologise for taking out some frustration on you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back