Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Aug 5, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #1,187 of 1,427
Been a while since i last used this.
60458858-8C3D-44FF-84A9-B6D3C33BF171.jpeg

Sep 12, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #1,188 of 1,427
Hello Gang...
Just got my P1's today. Using with a Shanling M6 (via a 4.4mm balanced cable) and "Poweramp". Very impressed. EQ'ed up the bass and brought down 8k, a little. Already heard details never heard before in tunes I know like the back of my hand. Clearly understood lyrics that I always thought there was 'no hope for'...

Well recorded music sounds fantastic. Have seen they are not kind to ill-recorded tracks, they gladly reveal the flaws.

Making "P1" playlists of tunes that shine, via the P1's.

I am a details person, and oh my, the P1's bring the details forth, outstandingly clearly.

Does the prescribed "300 hours" of burn in, really help?

Cheers...

~~JV~~

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #1,190 of 1,427
....Does the prescribed "300 hours" of burn in, really help?....

My one is over 400 hrs of run. Normal use only, no any burn in trick.
Now it has a little more emphasis on the bass, but nothing generous change on the whole spectrum and its characteristic.
But has a real benefit of the hundred hours burn in.
The P1 is "famous" how hard to drive it correctly.
I got good sound from P1 on my massive desktop amps only. TMP Ant amp and Woo Wa6 (with upgrade tubes).
Few weeks ago I plugged it to my dap - Questyle QP1r - and my eyes popped out, surprised me, how good performance I get with it now, far not like how was at the beginning.
So, the P1 comes to be easier to drive with burn in, and thats it, no real change on its sound.

Sep 13, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #1,191 of 1,427
My one is over 400 hrs of run. Normal use only, no any burn in trick.
Now it has a little more emphasis on the bass, but nothing generous change on the whole spectrum and its characteristic.
But has a real benefit of the hundred hours burn in.
The P1 is "famous" how hard to drive it correctly.
I got good sound from P1 on my massive desktop amps only. TMP Ant amp and Woo Wa6 (with upgrade tubes).
Few weeks ago I plugged it to my dap - Questyle QP1r - and my eyes popped out, surprised me, how good performance I get with it now, far not like how was at the beginning.
So, the P1 comes to be easier to drive with burn in, and thats it, no real change on its sound.

Good to know! I could have sworn I saw "300 hours burn in required" on the Linsoul site, but do not see that now, must have dreamed it :wink:

Read back and saw everyone saying 500 to 650mw is ideal. Looked up the Shanling M6 (non pro) and saw that it has 320mw, in balanced mode.

Went SE "line out" to a Cayin C5 and holy cow! What a difference! Made music I had never paid much attention to,
an incredible sonic adventure. Heard stuff I had never imagined was in the ones and zeros. What a treat!

I bought the Cayin C5 years ago, and didn't use it very much, as I didn't have a need for THAT much power. Now I do! Glad I kept it! Bass boost on the C5....so useful now!

Cheers' all...!

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #1,193 of 1,427
How are the detail retrieval on these? Crinacle tested these on the website and apparently the detail was lacking.
No way they are lacking lol. Amp it up and there is plenty of detail, one of the best at this price range.

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #1,195 of 1,427
So its possible they didnt have it amped properly? I have a DX120, 400mw per channel out of the balanced output...assuming i can find a balanced cable.
500mw is recommended though. I have no idea why he would say they are lacking in details though.

Sep 14, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #1,196 of 1,427
How are the detail retrieval on these? Crinacle tested these on the website and apparently the detail was lacking.
Hahaha... :)
The P1 is extremely detailed. In this case it plays in the $1000 cathegory.
I got Quad era1 and Final pandora 6 headphones, those are really fine pieces for the price and I don't feel drawback with the P1 when it's used with the same desktop gears I use for these phones.
Details will be there with the dx120, dynamic and bass will be lacking.

Sep 14, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #1,197 of 1,427
Hahaha... :)
The P1 is extremely detailed. In this case it plays in the $1000 cathegory.
I got Quad era1 and Final pandora 6 headphones, those are really fine pieces for the price and I don't feel drawback with the P1 when it's used with the same desktop gears I use for these phones.
Details will be there with the dx120, dynamic and bass will be lacking.
1000 usd is a stretch lol, but they are certainly NOT lacking in details.

(you cant really compare iems to headphones, and with iems the LZ A6 is much more detailed for example at around 200 usd.)

Sep 14, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #1,198 of 1,427
1000 usd is a stretch lol, but they are certainly NOT lacking in details.

(you cant really compare iems to headphones, and with iems the LZ A6 is much more detailed for example at around 200 usd.)
I got LZ A2 only from LZ, that wasn't bad, several years ago.
I would to "see" how perform the A6 next to the P1 on my rig, but just for this I don't buy one, simple just believe you :)
I got a Periodic BE as well, I love that as well. The P1 beats the BE in details.
Number of headphones, earphones turned around in my ears, just they are not in my collection, for direct comparison.
Around dozen iems still I have, but mostly entry levels. Some I saved for collection, like first generation vsonic vsd3, some from trinity audio (rip).
Anyway, they are not in party with P1 or BE.

Sep 14, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #1,200 of 1,427
Might just be better to get the LZ A6 than lol, no?
That would have been the case if it didnt have moisture issues.....

The A7 is coming out really soon (review unit has been sent out), so might be better to wait for comparisons on the A6 vs A7 with the sound.

Fit/comfort should be much better on it looking on the pictures and no moisture issues on it according to LZ. Although the A7 is around 320 usd so about 100 usd more than the A6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back