Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jul 11, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #376 of 1,427
Jul 11, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #377 of 1,427
I listen to lots of rap and plenty of it drifts into the edm range of bass and speed. I didn't order these with the plan to use them for rap or bassheavy music, but I'll for sure put them through their paces and let you know. My p1's are closing in on 48 hours in customs right now - so I gotta believe I should have them by like Monday.

According to the "tracking" mine have been at the US Airport since 7/3.....

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #378 of 1,427
So I had been thinking for a few days that the new Little Bear with balance/dual mono could possible pair well with the p1, and for a pretty good price. For me, adding warmth to planars is a must, and tubes are great for that.

Anyway, of course HBB/BGGAR already had that thought too (going back to 2014, I've known that HBB has basically the same ears as me, it's probably the car audio background.)

I don’t have a P1, but that amp is also Kanas Pro’s best friend. Can’t really give HBB the credit for that though since a lot of us have been playing with those amps for a long time...

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #379 of 1,427
I don’t have a P1, but that amp is also Kanas Pro’s best friend. Can’t really give HBB the credit for that though since a lot of us have been playing with those amps for a long time...
Can we just say a portable tube amp is dynamic driver's best friend? I recall back in the days when I had the EX1000, I drove it out of a desktop tube hybrid amp, and the result was mind-blowing that I really want that experience back.

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #380 of 1,427
BGGAR just posted a video saying that the P1 would be ranked number 5 in his collection behind DM7. This is ridiculous! in the first video he said that this would probably be number 1 or 2 at worst. As always, he creates the hype on an IEM, people start ordering like mad and then we find out that the IEM is disappointing. This happened to me with DM6. I ordered them based on his rec. Now I haven't used them the last 3 months because of the problem of sibillance and fatigue. I made a promise to myself that I will not buy Chifi anymore, but have been naive again to think that P1 would not disappoint me. So I ordered it for 149$, but after seeing his new video I cancelled my order. My rec is to invest in second hand Andromeda rather than buying 10 Chifi IEM that would be not sound good and have QC issues. No more Chifi for me
Got my P1s yesterday. Was going to buy an SE846 but couldn't be happier with the P1

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #381 of 1,427
Thanks for your comment. Have a nice day.

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #382 of 1,427
Got my P1s today. I didn't much of a chance to listen yet but first impressions are quite good. I'm really happy with the vocal performance and I find the bass fine and not lacking though I don't listen to heavy bass music. I find the soundstage a bit shallow, the music up front and not tremendous separation but I don't find any of this particularly disagreeable with this iem. The only complaint I might have with the sound is that they feel like they could become fatiguing but I might try complys instead of spiral dots. The cymbals can sound a bit "tizzy".
Maybe these will mellow out with a bit of time though.
Physically they are very small.. These are causing a bit of a fit issue with my right ear which I causes me troubles with smaller iems.

Overall though, very positive impressions, particularly for the price.

Jul 12, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #383 of 1,427
i think so i loved dm6 if it doesent had all these qc issues i would keep it
I was lucky, one of mine is perfect, the other I had to get replaced, but the new one is fine now also. Love the sound of the dm6.

Jul 12, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #386 of 1,427
Same here, I hope I get it by Christmas:)

If yours were also shipped via 4PX - at some point a second tracking number showed up for me that’s for USPS (still says it’s awaiting the package) but I don’t know if the 4PX will ever update past that it arrived at the airport. Mine are at JFK, which is 10 miles from me so I would think that after they’re released it would be no more than a day. Depending on where you live they could’ve cleared customs but could be going slow through usps. But there could also just be delays in customs for all if us, lord knows we can’t do anything right at our stupid borders.

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #387 of 1,427
If yours were also shipped via 4PX - at some point a second tracking number showed up for me that’s for USPS (still says it’s awaiting the package) but I don’t know if the 4PX will ever update past that it arrived at the airport. Mine are at JFK, which is 10 miles from me so I would think that after they’re released it would be no more than a day. Depending on where you live they could’ve cleared customs but could be going slow through usps. But there could also just be delays in customs for all if us, lord knows we can’t do anything right at our stupid borders.

I am at NE. Yeah, custom can take a while. I guess, I am just going to enjoy my iSine 20 for the time being. I am just curious how the P1 would compare to the iSine 20 :p

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #389 of 1,427
hey everyone. can anyone tell me if an audioquest dragonfly red would be enough to properly drive these earphones? thanks :)
That should do it. I've been running mine with an audioengine D3 and it sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back