Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jul 5, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #331 of 1,427
I just received mine and I am in the process of putting some time on them. Initial impressions are that the treble is a little rolled off. I do not understand the comments on the bass being shy, there seems to be plenty to me. I listen to Electric Blues and Rock. Using a Hiby R6 Pro. I will let them and my ears adjust to one another for a few days and then formulate my opinion. But, quick impressions, I really like them!

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #332 of 1,427
I just received mine and I am in the process of putting some time on them. Initial impressions are that the treble is a little rolled off. I do not understand the comments on the bass being shy, there seems to be plenty to me. I listen to Electric Blues and Rock. Using a Hiby R6 Pro. I will let them and my ears adjust to one another for a few days and then formulate my opinion. But, quick impressions, I really like them!
Which tips are you trying? I settled on Final Audio E. Had mine for a couple of days and they have enough bass with a good seal, not earth moving sub bass, but enough for my liking. Mids are nicely detailed and fast while treble is accurate without being piercing or painful in anyway.

Jul 6, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #333 of 1,427
Good morning Head-fi, after some sad news a couple of days ago this combo is making me appreciate the things I have and to spend your time doing things you enjoy with good friends and family. Time is precious as none of us know how much we have left to us. Enjoy!!!

84C35B2B-E66B-47A3-BFDE-2207E45885C3.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #334 of 1,427
Good morning Head-fi, after some sad news a couple of days ago this combo is making me appreciate the things I have and to spend your time doing things you enjoy with good friends and family. Time is precious as none of us know how much we have left to us. Enjoy!!!

Hope all is well. Take care and enjoy the music!

Jul 6, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #335 of 1,427

Often adversity is our best teacher. Enjoy all your music and stuff. As Cat Stevens said...."We only dance on this earth for a short time". Enjoy life.

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #336 of 1,427
How can most every review call the P1 slightly shy in bass then someone report that they are great for Jazz double bass? Just curious. Jazz double bass has very low and deep air. Wonder if the P1 can do that part of the bass. Jaco maybe. haaha.

That was me. They are really accurate for double-bass but on other music where maybe there's a bit more in the way of unnatural instruments or heavy post-production, some of the very lowest tones aren't as prominent as my R1s, but to be honest that's not a terrible thing.
For example, with some classical works with timpani drums, they lowest notes don't 'impress' quite as much but I'm aware that maybe that isn't how the recording was made. Sometimes I just like to be impressed with very deep bass :wink:
My R1s now start to sound a little too 'v-shaped'. Don't get me wrong they really rock along and are highly enjoyable, but maybe a little too much for more relaxed, critical listening. I bought them for the tube journeys and for that, they're excellent.
However the P1s, with a slight EQ lift at the low end are starting to seem to be the better choice.
They certainly isolate better but that's because I use the R1s in 'semi-open' mode all the time. Time will tell as my brain gets used to them and they start to break in a bit. Wore them for a few hours last night and they are already sounding 'bigger' and more extended so I have high hopes for them.

Jul 6, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #337 of 1,427

truly hope things are looking better now and that in this moment you gather strength to rise again

Jul 6, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #338 of 1,427
Not all that, tinny planar boxed in narrow sound. Mine are going to the wife as a present. lol. Guys be careful of the hype by the usual dickheads on Youtube, they get this stuff for free to play with, of course they are going to sing its merits.

Jul 6, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #339 of 1,427
Not all that, tinny planar boxed in narrow sound. Mine are going to the wife as a present. lol. Guys be careful of the hype by the usual dickheads on Youtube, they get this stuff for free to play with, of course they are going to sing its merits.
they think in compelete thier collection not in 1 good iem

Jul 8, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #340 of 1,427
How can I tell if my Tin Hifi is the older version, the one where the mids weren't tuned right? Mine sound a little thin/aren't as good as early reviewers make it out to be. The treble is certainly nothing like I've ever heard before, but its quite thin. I will try tip rolling to remediate my initial complaints; these just came in today and I might need to get acclimated to the sound sig more.

Jul 8, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #342 of 1,427
How can I tell if my Tin Hifi is the older version, the one where the mids weren't tuned right? Mine sound a little thin/aren't as good as early reviewers make it out to be. The treble is certainly nothing like I've ever heard before, but its quite thin. I will try tip rolling to remediate my initial complaints; these just came in today and I might need to get acclimated to the sound sig more.

I’m pretty sure they didn’t sell the first version, but not certain on it. They do however need a decent amount of power to sound good, a phone or smaller/lower powered dap will struggle to make them sound right imho

Jul 8, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #343 of 1,427
I’m pretty sure they didn’t sell the first version, but not certain on it. They do however need a decent amount of power to sound good, a phone or smaller/lower powered dap will struggle to make them sound right imho
Yeah that's what I heard too just wanted to be sure,on the off chance I did get the older revision.

I do feel like its a bit source dependent. My DX120 cant seem to drive it to a level I like(on SE) my phone 'can' drive it but it sounds really thin sometimes especially at higher volumes. I've been using it with my DX120 amped by an Alo National which is known to pair beautifully with planars(like my HE4XX) it really does open up the sound for me. But I still need to clock in some listening hours on it,

Jul 8, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #344 of 1,427

The truth will be out soon, feel for those 1,500+ who jumped on this over on (Mass)drop. Make no mistake the P1s are schiit with regular equipment. I've tried everything, different tips, covered vents, different cables.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back