Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jul 3, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #301 of 1,427
Mine just arrived, now testing em on the hiby r6pro, high gain, reference tonality

So, sub bass is lacking, which i dont bother about, around the 125k the sound goes up nicely, mids are pretty well balanced, treble doesnt go crazy, and they are non sibilant at all (my m1060 can loose control in tracks like Mr invisible by Thank you scientist ) no spikes in that area whatsover, soundstage is NICE, not amazing, not wide, not humongous, its just Nice, separation its pretty nice, evey instrument goes into its place, it doesn't get congested, mids have a nice texture, detail retrieval is pretty decent, they are power hungry (hiby at 65/70 percent for driving em nicely, thats a TON! compared with my other iems) overall a very decent IEM, amazing for the price,

i did my signature like 3 times before, i own a couple of iems, fiio fh7, fh5, imr r1z, bgvp dm7, dm6, lz a6 and a pair of KZ as10 hehehehee i'd to start somewhere =P

will try em with my vali 2 later on, but I'm pretty impressed by em, for being part of "El tren del mame" (mexican slang for hype train... though ours is quite more cool as an expression) i think they do come in pretty good and make a standing point.

oh! accesories, the stock cable is rubish, the "comply" stock tips are rubish as well, the balanced and bass tips that come in are the same as the dm7 which i think are pretty good (i love the bass set from the dm7, i actually use em with the zeniths) I'm using em with spiral dots, still waiting for my spiral dot ++ which are in customs right now... mexican mail is... well... RUBISH! (dont you love that word? its way more elegant than "crap" or "garbage" and makes a pretty clear point) but i think that if you are into this, you might have a pair of balanced tips or some sort of preferred tip, which will make a difference in the tunning

i ordered the advertised cable that they were selling from the linsoul website, but it didnt came in my package, i already mailed linsoul, they always come through with their stuff, communication is excellent with either Lily or April, i always appreciated that.

Update: so, this guys looooooveeee tubes, the vali did some pretty nice work on em, bass was superb for a planar, pretty well driven and textured, still sub bass was lacking, someone told me to cover the little exhaust that's near by the driver, I'm not a bass head still will try it later on, I'm quite amazed by the detail retrieval, it feels natural and quite surprising, tracks like smartfriend from vola are revealing details that I didn't perceive before, they love the balanced exit from the hiby. Who wouldn't with a pair of sabre DACs per channel right? Soundstage increased in the 4.4 and so did bass texture, still not lz a6 or fiio fh7 levels but pretty solid increase.

Had a couple of tesseract tracks playing and I was surprised by how good the bass is, still will do the burn in tonight with Radiohead's OK computer on loop (I hate pink noise or white noise, I think its just harsh on the drivers, but I'm just an amateur, if I'm wrong, well... Not sorry to be honest, n00b thoughts then)

So, afterall (i had to unsuscribe from this thread, way too much stupid posts in one single thread) for less than 200 bucks, we got a decent planar iem... no offense to RHA, but the CL2 goes way higher in price, had the pleasure to listen to em and didnt feel it was worth it. this guys... this guys are GOOD, they won't decrown my fh7's at all, but they are pretty rad, for the price range i think they are a very good purchase. will leave em to burn in tonight, but so far, its a pretty solid product

I still hold my ground, for the price, it is an excellent purchase

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #302 of 1,427
Mine just arrived, now testing em on the hiby r6pro, high gain, reference tonality

So, sub bass is lacking, which i dont bother about, around the 125k the sound goes up nicely, mids are pretty well balanced, treble doesnt go crazy, and they are non sibilant at all (my m1060 can loose control in tracks like Mr invisible by Thank you scientist ) no spikes in that area whatsover, soundstage is NICE, not amazing, not wide, not humongous, its just Nice, separation its pretty nice, evey instrument goes into its place, it doesn't get congested, mids have a nice texture, detail retrieval is pretty decent, they are power hungry (hiby at 65/70 percent for driving em nicely, thats a TON! compared with my other iems) overall a very decent IEM, amazing for the price,

i did my signature like 3 times before, i own a couple of iems, fiio fh7, fh5, imr r1z, bgvp dm7, dm6, lz a6 and a pair of KZ as10 hehehehee i'd to start somewhere =P

will try em with my vali 2 later on, but I'm pretty impressed by em, for being part of "El tren del mame" (mexican slang for hype train... though ours is quite more cool as an expression) i think they do come in pretty good and make a standing point.

oh! accesories, the stock cable is rubish, the "comply" stock tips are rubish as well, the balanced and bass tips that come in are the same as the dm7 which i think are pretty good (i love the bass set from the dm7, i actually use em with the zeniths) I'm using em with spiral dots, still waiting for my spiral dot ++ which are in customs right now... mexican mail is... well... RUBISH! (dont you love that word? its way more elegant than "****" or "garbage" and makes a pretty clear point) but i think that if you are into this, you might have a pair of balanced tips or some sort of preferred tip, which will make a difference in the tunning

i ordered the advertised cable that they were selling from the linsoul website, but it didnt came in my package, i already mailed linsoul, they always come through with their stuff, communication is excellent with either Lily or April, i always appreciated that.

Update: so, this guys looooooveeee tubes, the vali did some pretty nice work on em, bass was superb for a planar, pretty well driven and textured, still sub bass was lacking, someone told me to cover the little exhaust that's near by the driver, I'm not a bass head still will try it later in, I'm quite amazed by the detail retrieval, it feels natural and quite surprising, tracks like smartfriend from vola are revealing details that I didn't perceive before, they love the balanced exit from the hiby. Who wouldn't with a pair of sabre DACs per channel right? Soundstage increased with the balanced exit and so did bass texture, still not lz a6 or fiio fh7 levels but pretty solid increase.

Had a couple of tesseract tracks playing and I was surprised by how good the bass is, still will do the burn in tonight with Radiohead's OK computer on loop (I hate pink noise or white noise, I think its just harsh on the drivers, but I'm just an amateur, if I'm wrong, well... Not sorry to be honest, n00b thoughts then)

So, afterall (i had to unsuscribe from this thread, way too much stupid posts in one single thread) for less than 200 bucks, we got a decent planar iem... no offense to RHA, but the CL2 goes way higher in price, had the pleasure to listen to em and didnt feel it was worth it. this guys... this guys are GOOD, they won't decrown my fh7's at all, but they are pretty rad, for the price range i think they are a very good purchase. will leave em to burn in tonight, but so far, its a pretty solid product

Good work my friend!!!

Jul 4, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #303 of 1,427

oh! accesories, the stock cable is rubish, the "comply" stock tips are rubish as well, the balanced and bass tips that come in are the same as the dm7 which i think are pretty good (i love the bass set from the dm7, i actually use em with the zeniths) I'm using em with spiral dots, still waiting for my spiral dot ++ which are in customs right now... mexican mail is... well... RUBISH! (dont you love that word? its way more elegant than "****" or "garbage" and makes a pretty clear point) but i think that if you are into this, you might have a pair of balanced tips or some sort of preferred tip, which will make a difference in the tunning

Update: so, this guys looooooveeee tubes, the vali did some pretty nice work on em, bass was superb for a planar, pretty well driven and textured, still sub bass was lacking, someone told me to cover the little exhaust that's near by the driver, I'm not a bass head still will try it later on, I'm quite amazed by the detail retrieval, it feels natural and quite surprising, tracks like smartfriend from vola are revealing details that I didn't perceive before, they love the balanced exit from the hiby. Who wouldn't with a pair of sabre DACs per channel right? Soundstage increased in the 4.4 and so did bass texture, still not lz a6 or fiio fh7 levels but pretty solid increase.

@AlexCBSN

is the difference between lz a6 and tin hifi p1 huge like a upgrade maybe? is lz a6 a better purchase compared to your impressions? what do you think?

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #304 of 1,427
@AlexCBSN

is the difference between lz a6 and tin hifi p1 huge like a upgrade maybe? is lz a6 a better purchase compared to your impressions? what do you think?
I actually like a lot the lz a6, the filters and the dynamic driver are top notch, however they are a bit sibilant with some configurations and fatiguin, yet they are an outstanding option for what they are worth, they are different things definitely, being the lz a6 a tunable iem and the p1 more of a single driver do it all. One thing for sure, the p1 is power hungry and the lz a6 is suuuper easy to drive, the bass and sub bass is way superior in the lz and it’s a way too fun iem to play around with

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #306 of 1,427
I had to cancel my order due to my LG V20 not being able to drive them, trouble is I still really want them.

Do you think LG V20 > LIttle Bear B4 > TIN P1 would work well?

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #307 of 1,427
Everyone keep saying that this iem is power hungry, i wonder if my shanling m0 + new rx will be able to drive this iem?
camphoto_1804928587.JPG
It is man, 67% in the hiby r6 pro in balanced mode, none other headphone have i gone this far with

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #308 of 1,427
Mine arrived an hour ago. Definitely harder to run than most I've tried. I'm using the Radon ES100 with the 3.5mm output running on 2x Current.
Volume is almost maxed out on some quieter tracks, but not quite.
So far, for the money I'm very impressed actually. As others have said, not quite the low bass rumble I enjoy but jazz double bass for example sounds perfect and very clear/textured. Same with brass instruments. Drums sound natural and not 'boxy' at all. Cymbals have a nice 'ting' to them without sounding like bells.
Treble isn't harsh at all, in fact I usually like a slightly more airy sound but of course, these have only been used for an hour so later over the weekend I should know more. I can always tweak the EQ on the ES100 if necessary but I might not bother. I'll see how they run-in (or not)
I've been using IMR R1s for the past year or more and they are superb, so I've ordered the Aten R2s to compare with these P1s.
I've swapped my R1 foam tips onto these for now as they give a better seal than the stock grey tips from Tin.
Light, comfortable so far, good fit but now I need to order the balanced cable to give them their best chance. Hopefully they'll extend a bit in both directions and the soundstage might open slightly. It's not narrow, but not as wide as the R1s for instance, more like my HD6xx. These are clearly faster than the Sennheisers though and with more top end. About the same lower end extension, which isn't terrible. as I said.
I'd say they are a bargain.

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #310 of 1,427
I had to cancel my order due to my LG V20 not being able to drive them, trouble is I still really want them.

Do you think LG V20 > LIttle Bear B4 > TIN P1 would work well?
totally, did that yesterday actually iPhone -> little bear -> p1's

Just before anyone quote me as crazy, i can state that i do like it a lot, but theres too much stuff in the market right now that im in love with, mainly: Fiio fh7, IMR zeniths, and im modding my m1060's this week (3d printed fazor mod, mr speakers lamb skin pads and external grills) im loving this little iem and for the price is bang for your buck, but the tfz balance 7 looks nice as well, really want to check em out, so as the simgot ek3. still this fella is good stuff, though i really hate that it drains my hiby battery super fast

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #311 of 1,427
Trigger high gain mode with an impedance adapter and the LG V20 will drive them.
I'm told that the P1s have been tested in high impedance mode on the LG V20 but it was not adequate. Sorry to ask but why are you so sure?

totally, did that yesterday actually iPhone -> little bear -> p1's

Did it sound good?

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #312 of 1,427
Mine arrived an hour ago. Definitely harder to run than most I've tried. I'm using the Radon ES100 with the 3.5mm output running on 2x Current.
So far, for the money I'm very impressed actually. As others have said, not quite the low bass rumble I enjoy but jazz double bass for example sounds perfect and very clear/textured. Same with brass instruments. Drums sound natural and not 'boxy' at all. Cymbals have a nice 'ting' to them without sounding like bells.
Treble isn't harsh at all, in fact I usually like a slightly more airy sound but of course, these have only been used for an hour so later over the weekend I should know more. I can always tweak the EQ on the ES100 if necessary but I might not bother. I'll see how they run-in (or not)
I've been using IMR R1s for the past year or more and they are superb, so I've ordered the Aten R2s to compare with these P1s.
I've swapped my R1 foam tips onto these for now as they give a better seal than the stock grey tips from Tin.
Light, comfortable so far, good fit but now I need to order the balanced cable to give them their best chance. Hopefully they'll extend a bit in both directions and the soundstage might open slightly. It's not narrow, but not as wide as the R1s for instance, more like my HD6xx. These are clearly faster than the Sennheisers though and with more top end. About the same lower end extension, which isn't terrible. as I said.

Gotta say I think you’ve hit the nail on the head with your summary. I’ve been trying the ES100 combo for a few songs (75% volume was enough for me) Brand New Heavies - Shelter album sound pretty damn good to me with it :) But give them some more ‘juice’ Aune x5s/x7s combo and the bass firms up a bit more imho.

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #313 of 1,427
Gotta say I think you’ve hit the nail on the head with your summary. I’ve been trying the ES100 combo for a few songs (75% volume was enough for me) Brand New Heavies - Shelter album sound pretty damn good to me with it :) But give them some more ‘juice’ Aune x5s/x7s combo and the bass firms up a bit more imho.
Balanced or unbalanced on the ES100? (cable's on it's way) :jecklinsmile:

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #314 of 1,427
when are you getting the aten? im really interested on those

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #315 of 1,427
Balanced or unbalanced on the ES100? (cable's on it's way) :jecklinsmile:
That was with the standard 3.5 cable, haven’t tried a balanced one yet. Still think it may need a few hours yet before the sound settles down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back