Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jul 2, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #287 of 1,427
I have no idea what’s going on in this thread but wanted to add that all of Rihanna’s albums have been mixed by Manny Marroquin, an absolute legend. She might not be what you like to listen to, but the music isn’t low quality.

He worked on one of her albums. And it also sounds loud with very little dynamic depth to my ears.
Not a fan of either one of them.

Jul 2, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #288 of 1,427
I agree with you.

Jul 2, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #289 of 1,427
I know that P1s haven’t been delivered yet, so there aren’t any ‘users reviews’ yet, but this thread seems to have gone off the rails somewhat?

Jul 2, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #290 of 1,427
I know that P1s haven’t been delivered yet, so there aren’t any ‘users reviews’ yet, but this thread seems to have gone off the rails somewhat?

Yes, quite puzzled at the hype here as it seems almost solely based on expectation.

Jul 2, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #292 of 1,427
Where's the impressions?!

Jul 2, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #293 of 1,427
I'm still waiting for mine to ship. When I ordered it said they were going out on 6/28 but haven't seen an email yet :frowning2:

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #299 of 1,427
MY P1s have arrived in the country and "may" be delivered tomorrow.

Any luck today?

Can someone say something to these extra cable ? Tripowin c8? Looks nice for the cheap price ... maybe tried with other iems ?

I have a c8 (with balanced 2.5) coming with my P1s. I'll drop my thoughts in here after a listen (I probably will just compare it to the stock p1 cable - I generally don't like to disconnect any of my other mmcx iems now that I have cables I like for all of them). But if it's like any of the other ChiFi cables I have, it should be good.

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #300 of 1,427
Personally I would be sceptical about audio performance difference from cable material even though maybe headphones are more sensitive there than speakers but it's also shorter cable length. I definitely wouldn't worry much about foil vs solid core vs many strands vs silver but what do I know. However assuming cables are what people break on at-least cheaper IEMs I would feel like having an additional one or if there's a benefit of using balanced may be reasons enough to buy an additional one. This one was supposedly kevlar reinforced so may be harder to pull apart then again I guess the risk is breaking the connectors then instead, or your ears, or drop your device, or whatever.

As for amps I have this problem where using an extra battery to the phone (while in pocket) breaks the cable easily so I would assume the same is true for a cable connected amp. Even just for charging something micro-USB seem to wear out and get lose and stuff like that so I wouldn't want to do that. I don't know what's the best wireless quality but even if inferior personally I'd feel that would suit me better to have the playing device tucked away somewhere and headphones and wireless dac + amp somewhere else with material connecting the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back