Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jun 28, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #227 of 1,427
Here's my take on the P1:

http://www.soundperfectionreviews.com/2019/06/review-tin-hifi-p1-planar-magnetic-iem.html

DSC_5467.JPG

Jun 28, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #229 of 1,427
In terms of burn-in, I don't know for sure where I stand on it. But with the P1 I am finding myself liking it less and less the more I listen to it, especially when compared to some other IEMs. The more I listen, and with a larger sample set of music, the more inherent flaws I am finding with it. Whether they are important to you or not is highly subjective, but I've documented much of what I have found in my review. I am less likely to pick up the P1 as my go-to set than say, the Moondrop Kanas Pro, BGVP DM7, and a BGVP DMS. Now, that may come down to individual preferences so keep that in mind. I am very excited to see that planar drivers come down in prices, with the P1 and iSine 10 squarely priced at around $150, and that opens the door to more products hitting the market that can improve upon it and I see it as moving in the right direction, however I feel like the driver capability is still limited than that of the Audeze driver, which is significantly larger, and has it's own set of limitations.

Danico Labs has been blogging and posting some interesting findings on a different forum I frequently visit and post on, regarding limitations of the driver technology when scaling it down, and it's an interesting read. They are trying to create their own driver and IEM as well.

Jun 28, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #230 of 1,427
True words small step in a right direction i cancled my order yesterday this iem is nothing for me and i trust your words and ranking

I get the kxxs instead there are not much reviews but they say its a better kanas pro soni get it. My reason was i was more looking for a allrounder iem for fun and dayli driving that sound good whit much off the stuff. The p1 seems just to work for a few things like rock

Did you tried the kxxs already how would you rank it or the kanas pro ?

Jun 28, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #232 of 1,427

This is one of two rankings I thought you'd give to this IEM. (The other was "B"). That's without me hearing it. What that tells me is that the P1 is a decent value IEM. I actually seriously considered getting in on the P1 and ultimately decided against it. I've got the NiceHCK F3 (in transit to NiceHCK for repair, held up in customs for a week, thanks, China!), which I think has similar issues, (likely more sibilant) and there's no need to have two of the same. I also suspect, based on the reviews I've read, including @antdroid, @B9Scrambler, and @ezekiel77 (though not from the Head-Fi site), that, while the frequency response seems to be ok, it's probably not going to be my cup of tea with that treble. I still would like to try it, though. Maybe someone will trade for my F3 when I get it back (Hint hint, China customs!)?

Also, am I the only one around here to wonder what's going to happen to the hype train now? Linsoul will be shipping soon-ish to those early birds who got the discounted price. Assuming my internet is fixed (and I'm posting, so there's a good chance now), I'll be looking forward to reading the impressions of those early birds.

Reviewers, thank you for reviewing the products! I may not have the same taste in music, sound, or IEMs, I nevertheless appreciate your efforts. You all help give me the data I need to make better, informed decisions. I greatly appreciate that.

Jun 29, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #233 of 1,427
As a parting shot over the “curiosity” bow...I’ve joined the drop. I’ve bought a lot of the hyped stuff lately, and I’m not that impressed. Let’s see if this one sinks the ship for good.
Can you name some the hyped stuff you've purchased but haven't been impressed with?

Jun 29, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #234 of 1,427
Can you name some the hyped stuff you've purchased but haven't been impressed with?
NiceHCK F3 - a real stinker. 1dd, 1ba, 1 planar. Completely mistuned (like they just put the separate drivers in there without giving a f*ck what it was going to sound like). BGVP DM6- also not tuned optimally, so disappointing.
Kanas Pro- I like them, but their slight tilt towards treble makes cymbals sound thin and unnatural. It’s close, but not the rave everybody seems to think (inmho).
Some good ones...Tansio Mirai 4 Pro, CCA C16, BQEYZ B3, Tin Audio T2 Pro (nobody likes this one, but the hit my Stewart Copeland fix), the great **** ****.

Jun 29, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #235 of 1,427
Haven't heard the T2 Pro but got the T3 as daily burners in the gym and they trashed my SE535 which are now on eBay and will be sold tomorrow. I bought P1 simply on the strength of what Tin Hifi cod accomplish with $60 retail. I don't expect to be blown away but I am optimistic

Jun 29, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #236 of 1,427
NiceHCK F3 - a real stinker. 1dd, 1ba, 1 planar. Completely mistuned (like they just put the separate drivers in there without giving a f*ck what it was going to sound like). BGVP DM6- also not tuned optimally, so disappointing.
Kanas Pro- I like them, but their slight tilt towards treble makes cymbals sound thin and unnatural. It’s close, but not the rave everybody seems to think (inmho).
Some good ones...Tansio Mirai 4 Pro, CCA C16, BQEYZ B3, Tin Audio T2 Pro (nobody likes this one, but the hit my Stewart Copeland fix), the great **** ****.

This also shows that everyone’s preference is different

Jun 29, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #237 of 1,427
NiceHCK F3 - a real stinker. 1dd, 1ba, 1 planar. Completely mistuned (like they just put the separate drivers in there without giving a f*ck what it was going to sound like).

Which is the oddest thing about the F3, and also why I think the P1 situation resonates with me. NiceHCK has had some successes under their belt, with (in my opinion) the HK6 being the pinnacle of their achievement so far (the NK10 is another good one, for example). So I was interested to see what they could do with a planar hybrid. Would it match what they did with the HK6 or NK10? Would it be terrible? Mine was defective, so comparison is unfair, but I think the P1 is a very similar situation. Tin did a great job with the T2 (I listened to the Pro version and it's pretty good for the price), so I am very interested to see what they can accomplish with the P1. While it wasn't exactly on my mind, it's a great parallel to the F3, so I wonder if my subconscious kicked in and kept me out of the P1 pool.

You liked the CCA C16? I've wondered about that company, because it seemed like they just threw more drivers at IEMs, but didn't seem like they took the time to figure out how they all work together. I mean, I think that they have a 21 BA driver IEM. But if they can produce a likable IEM... I might have to pay them a bit more attention in the future.

Jun 30, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #238 of 1,427
Which is the oddest thing about the F3, and also why I think the P1 situation resonates with me. NiceHCK has had some successes under their belt, with (in my opinion) the HK6 being the pinnacle of their achievement so far (the NK10 is another good one, for example). So I was interested to see what they could do with a planar hybrid. Would it match what they did with the HK6 or NK10? Would it be terrible? Mine was defective, so comparison is unfair, but I think the P1 is a very similar situation. Tin did a great job with the T2 (I listened to the Pro version and it's pretty good for the price), so I am very interested to see what they can accomplish with the P1. While it wasn't exactly on my mind, it's a great parallel to the F3, so I wonder if my subconscious kicked in and kept me out of the P1 pool.

You liked the CCA C16? I've wondered about that company, because it seemed like they just threw more drivers at IEMs, but didn't seem like they took the time to figure out how they all work together. I mean, I think that they have a 21 BA driver IEM. But if they can produce a likable IEM... I might have to pay them a bit more attention in the future.
Yeah, I kind of am giving the P1 a bit of a “wait and see”. My fault with the F3 for listening to the first reviews of that one that said ‘extreme detail” which turned out to be completely bogus. There was nothing clean about it’s upper range.
But to be fair (for my hopes for the P1), the F3 Planar in it was not the issue. It was pretty full range (I pulled the tweeters out of the F3 to listen to what the DD and planar were doing). Most of the distortions (I believe) were from the maker not addressing the resonances of the chamber and a complete out of balance treble vs. the DD+Planar. Anyways, forgive me for the tangent.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #240 of 1,427
I'm going to get on onto the anti-hype train on this one. With following reasons:

1. First impression. Is it just me thinking Tin P1 has a 'Lazy' design that looks cheap? Probably because I'm not a big fan of super shinning stuff.

2. Price. I know these are not $1000 IEMs. And all that matters is the sound quality, but it's harder for average non-audiophile like me paying $150 over a pair of IEM that I don't even enjoy looking at. I'd be more willing to make a purchase if they're built on par as 'Mee Audio Pinnacle P1'.

DSC08977%2B%25281366x769%2529.jpg

Image credited to 'db-headphones blogspot'

3. Hype train only sells one-way tickets. When it's left, it's gone for good. I brought DM6, Er4, T2, Zs7, and so on based on the hyped reviews, but I was more disappointed than not. That's why I'll wait, if they indeed sound as good as people said, I'll consider scoop a pair when they're under hundred bucks ;]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back