Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jun 26, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #196 of 1,427
Good, when you get them tell us your true thoughts. Honesty is the best thing for those thinking about spending their hard earned cash. Hope it's good news. Hopefully I will be a second phase buyer.

Steve

Steve

I have nothing to gain being dishonest or honest. I owe nothing to no one and no one funds me or owns me or gives me anything to review, nor do I work for any audio company. I see, I buy I try.

I do have OCD listening ability as well as just enjoying the music overall and turn the OCD listening off.

With that said, I have HIFIMAN HE-400's so I know what to expect and I suspect they will be lean but at the same time be quick and revealing with complex music which I listen to at times and hope they cut though all that like the HE-400's do.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #197 of 1,427
How long did it take for the T2 and T2 Pro and T3 and such to sell for the lower prices they sell for now on Aliexpress?
Do sellers there typically write a lower value or such on the package too / is there any difference in buying experience there?

What I kinda want to know is how soon and likely one can expect sales with lower prices. Maybe it may take some time because they need to produce the first ones but later ..
As in should I wait because it's kinda bound to happen (why not since it's definitely a thing with the others? Are they just about always on sale or just sometimes and just happen to be now?)
Rhihana sucks... loud and flat.... I like Lizzo :)
P1 very hopeful that it won't suck, they have a good track record and I like PRAT in my music which P1 promises, it might not be very good with everything but will excell in some things like my stereo setup
Chi fi is on the rise and will rule the world in next decade.... good sound is not for the rich only.. it keeps already crazy industry little sane with pricing....
I remember that a 1k hd 800 was the crazy expensive now the manufacturers are ripping us, they all riding the wave of ' flagship ' craze....
so chi fi is a counter balance to margin hungry manufacturers .......
also I admit that crazy margins on headphones gave us many good brands with quality products as well but with a cost to consumer...
Chinese vendors just like AMD will charge what they can.

Lots of people act like AMD is some charity which just want to give away great products at low prices. They don't. It's just that their products has been inferior so they has been forced to sell at low prices and even then haven't sold well. The new Navi graphics cards is likely a Polaris replacement but Nvidia jacked their prices up and clearly AMD was fine trying to get as much as they can for their product too. And the 16 core Zen 2 CPUs won't sell for $500 but rather more like $1000 because that's where they think the maximized profits will be.

Someone mentioned "racism" because someone had said that Chinese companies made knock-offs / copies of other products. Nowadays that word isn't used as it used to be and actual facts and how things simply are can very well be "racism" by those definitions. It make the argument that something is "racism" and because of that wrong logically false and weaken the word but that's the world we live in. Anyway you may already get what I'm about to say but also I don't know whatever a word like ChiFi includes ideas of it also being cheap or possibly bad. Anyway the reality of economy and capitalism is of course that if the Chinese HIFI products actually become/are good they will be able to charge higher prices and they will charge higher prices but also just as with any other product produced in any other country on the planet selling on the same capitalistic market it all depends on what the competition can produce and if anyone can make good quality HIFI products for cheap then the price will be low.
One can't expect that the leading and best products will have a cheap price whatever they are from AMD or China but sure if something become very easy to produce and available then prices will fall (hello pineapples, tulips, spices, ..)

The point may very well just be that most audio products will be made in China and that Chinese manufacturers will also make many of the best products. And that I have no problem with. Isn't the population size about like that of Europe and North America together and it's already were lots of production happen so it kinda make sense.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #198 of 1,427
Sorry folks for bringing up sibilance as a potential issue to watch out for. I didn't know people would get very riled up by the talk of sibilance possibilities.

I just want to give a shout out to Unique Melody, a CHINESE company, who came out with the 2nd planar IEM (that I'm aware of) on the market just after Audeze released theirs, in a form factor that is more true to an IEM (and in a CIEM form too). I would like to think that they did not copy/clone anyone, however I'm sure all these companies, including Audeze/RHA/Hifiman have learned from previous experiences, research papers, and other headphones in the past. Planar Magnetic headphones aren't like they are brand new or anything. Orthodynamic headphones have been in existence since Yamaha and others made them in the 70s. Check out the Orthodynamic Round-Up page on Head-Fi for a wealth of info: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/orthodynamic-roundup.111193/

Don't generalize an entire country based on a few facts on a very specific thing.

Also, just want to reiterate, that a review should be taken lightly and as a single point of references. I post my thoughts, and others post theirs. I enjoy reading everyone's reviews, especially products I have used myself to get a new perspective. Many times they match how I hear things, and other things they do not. Music is a personal thing. Not everyone has to enjoy the same tastes in music or the same way music is reproduced within one's ears. Please remember that, and let's have a healthy discussion!

Jun 26, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #199 of 1,427
How long did it take for the T2 and T2 Pro and T3 and such to sell for the lower prices they sell for now on Aliexpress?
Do sellers there typically write a lower value or such on the package too / is there any difference in buying experience there?

What I kinda want to know is how soon and likely one can expect sales with lower prices. Maybe it may take some time because they need to produce the first ones but later ..
As in should I wait because it's kinda bound to happen (why not since it's definitely a thing with the others? Are they just about always on sale or just sometimes and just happen to be now?)

They go on sale during holidays and special event days in China typically (like 11.11)

Jun 26, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #200 of 1,427

They go on sale during holidays and special event days in China typically (like 11.11)

Is 11.11 'singles day'? I heard that's like Prime Day but much much bigger.

My one experience with Aliexpress was I placed a couple orders for some headphone parts, everything seemed normal just like ordering on Amazon except the shipping times are longer obviously. Anyway, both orders were promptly cancelled by the vendors and I got a near-indecipherable message from one the vendors asking if they could help? I don't know, it almost seemed like I needed to reach out to the vendor before ordering (common on ebay) but not something I'm doing when buying cheap stuff online. Anyway, I probably won't ever be ordering anything on Aliexpress again until they start keeping warehouses of products in North America for NA orders.

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #203 of 1,427
Replace kz with anything you like, answer would remain the same. And you like kz, good for you.

giphy.gif

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #205 of 1,427
Why I like Planar and why I purchased the P1, among other reasons.

Very interesting. When I got the T2 everybody said the bass was not prominent, but for me the bass was very much there. I am hoping that this P1 planar works well in my ear in a similar way, and that the bass is good in quality even if subdued a little in quantity. My TFZ No.3s have bass in abundance, so now I'm hoping that all you guys will convince me to get the P1 planars when you post your listening comments.

Jun 26, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #206 of 1,427
Back on topic, apologies to everyone else who's here for the actual topic of the thread and not petty drama between two random people on the internet.

K10 is a good IEM but it's not amazing to me, that's all there is to it. You'd feel like a chunk of energy is missing if you move from the K10 to the P1, I think. The P1 lacks bite and doesn't "attack" as well (full explanation about attack and the other things here for those not familiar with my terminology). In a way, the K10 is actually more exciting than the P1, with exception of the bass response.

IMO, the iSine/'i4 with Cipher/EQ is still my benchmark for what a good planar IEM is, though it really is a shame that they are very bad without DSP. Still haven't heard the CL2 yet though but I will in the coming weeks, so we'll see then. The P1 has the most "correct" tonality amongst the current lineup of IEM planars to my ears.
Thanks, that's good information, especially the link to work on commonality in terms - I do like a little bit more 'excitement'.

I have an iSine10 on order (B-stock :D), although I suspect that the 'cable options' may put me off to the series. I'll have to wait and see.. anyone wanna send a P1 for a comparison? :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back