Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jun 26, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #211 of 1,427
@antdroid How is the tonality of the P1? Does it have good timbre? If they have great detail, does it translate to realism with these?
I’m still curious about the P1 even though I dropped out of the drop. My main reason was that what I like about Planar headphones is that low flat tong bass. I’m hoping someone will be able to that some day. But, I’ve never quite heard any one say “Planars...best mids I’ve ever heard”. So I’m just wondering about it’s tonal accuracy.

Jun 26, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #212 of 1,427
@antdroid How is the tonality of the P1? Does it have good timbre? If they have great detail, does it translate to realism with these?
I’m still curious about the P1 even though I dropped out of the drop. My main reason was that what I like about Planar headphones is that low flat tong bass. I’m hoping someone will be able to that some day. But, I’ve never quite heard any one say “Planars...best mids I’ve ever heard”. So I’m just wondering about it’s tonal accuracy.

In terms of tonality - the P1 is a little darker than neutral but with an upper end peak that you can hear in cymbals, high hats, and ssss, zzzzz and ttttt sounds that makes them sound not necessarily correct. I've listened to this on both modern pop/edm and well mastered tracks, so it's present, and it may depend on your hearing ability.

For planar flat bass response, I also like this. One of my favorite headphones I own is the HE560, which is linearly flat up to 1KHz, which is a typical tuning in many planar over-ears (not all but many). If you like this, the P1 is pretty close to it, with a little bit of a roll-off down in the sub-bass region. It's not a terrible roll-off though, and you may be fine with it, as I am. If you want to try an IEM that is more tonally correct with good timbre and a good all-arounder in this price range, and still have that flat fast bass response, I recommend taking a look at the ER2SE from Etymotics or the ER2XR if you want a warmer, thicker sound signature.

Jun 26, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #214 of 1,427
Do Linsoul do discounts and do they also do them on Amazon and if so when and how much can one assume?

I assume normal price will be €169 on Amazon as that seem to be how it work for the others.
UK:
T2 £40 + shipping or £50 with prime free shipping I guess?
T3 £60
DE:
T2 €50 (€60)
T2 Pro €60
T3 €70 or something, some charge €1 more.

Tin T3 cost $70 on Linsoul so .. That seem to be how it works?

€169 = $192 = 29% more than $149. $149 would be €131, a 22.5% reduction in price. Guess that wouldn't be unheard of but I don't know if I can expect it either. I don't know whatever to order or not :/

Also not whatever to order the cable and if so terminated with what.

Jun 26, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #215 of 1,427
Do Linsoul do discounts and do they also do them on Amazon and if so when and how much can one assume?

I assume normal price will be €169 on Amazon as that seem to be how it work for the others.
UK:
T2 £40 + shipping or £50 with prime free shipping I guess?
T3 £60
DE:
T2 €50 (€60)
T2 Pro €60
T3 €70 or something, some charge €1 more.

Tin T3 cost $70 on Linsoul so .. That seem to be how it works?

€169 = $192 = 29% more than $149. $149 would be €131, a 22.5% reduction in price. Guess that wouldn't be unheard of but I don't know if I can expect it either. I don't know whatever to order or not :/

Also not whatever to order the cable and if so terminated with what.
You can still order from ali or directly on linsoul. On alibyou get t2 for 30 euro

Jun 26, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #216 of 1,427
@antdroid is P1 responsive to eq?

Yes it responds pretty well for EQ as long as you don't raise EQ too significantly. I actually do a high shelf filter to drop the upper treble peak down to clean up the sibilance issues. A low shelf filter helps to increase bass if you like that, but overdoing does sound distorted and weird. I've also raised the midrange slightly to give it more of a toned down Diffuse Field sound.

Jun 27, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #217 of 1,427
You can still order from ali or directly on linsoul. On alibyou get t2 for 30 euro
Can I be sure it's the same item and ... I guess we can only speculate on what price the P1 will have. I don't know what it will actually cost.

Also I don't know what Linsoul or Aliexpress sellers write on the customs slip. All I know is that the Swedish post charges VAT from the first SEK by 25% for supposedly non-gifts plus a 75 SEK fee for value below 1500 SEK and 130 SEK above that. So $149 + that would be the same as €170 on Amazon.de if they charged that in full but I don't know what they actually write and what one end up paying. I also don't know how valuable the cable is or even which one I should have. It's of course easier to order later but I wouldn't really want to do so if it cost more.
Also I would want to know I get the correct product =P

I don't want to pay $20 more then I don't have to. It's against my religion. It's only got three rules:
1) Any living being should be free from all other ****ers.
2) Avoid paying more.
3) When you're dead you're dead but others may miss you until they are also dead and then the only lasting impression from you having existed is the consequences you had on your environment while living.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #218 of 1,427
Can I be sure it's the same item and ... I guess we can only speculate on what price the P1 will have. I don't know what it will actually cost.

Also I don't know what Linsoul or Aliexpress sellers write on the customs slip. All I know is that the Swedish post charges VAT from the first SEK by 25% for supposedly non-gifts plus a 75 SEK fee for value below 1500 SEK and 130 SEK above that. So $149 + that would be the same as €170 on Amazon.de if they charged that in full but I don't know what they actually write and what one end up paying. I also don't know how valuable the cable is or even which one I should have. It's of course easier to order later but I wouldn't really want to do so if it cost more.
Also I would want to know I get the correct product =P

I don't want to pay $20 more then I don't have to. It's against my religion. It's only got three rules:
1) Any living being should be free from all other ****ers.
2) Avoid paying more.
3) When you're dead you're dead but others may miss you until they are also dead and then the only lasting impression from you having existed is the consequences you had on your environment while living.
Yes its the same item there are no tin audio fakes there are many sellers on ali linsoul is one of them just pmnthe seller and tell him should send it as low value 15-20dollars so you dont have to pay tax fee

Jun 27, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #219 of 1,427
Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #222 of 1,427
Synergy plays a big part in getting the most out of the P1 I have found. I was initially using them with the iFi Pro iDSD and found them to be super quick but lacking a little texture.

Then I played them with my Audio Opus #2 on medium gain and what a difference, the lows are a tiny bit fuller but are more articulate, the midrange sounds more realistic and the treble extends effortlessly without a hint of harshness.

Also some might kill me for this, but I do believe the P1 benefit from a bit of burn-in.

Jun 27, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #223 of 1,427
Synergy plays a big part in getting the most out of the P1 I have found. I was initially using them with the iFi Pro iDSD and found them to be super quick but lacking a little texture.

Then I played them with my Audio Opus #2 on medium gain and what a difference, the lows are a tiny bit fuller but are more articulate, the midrange sounds more realistic and the treble extends effortlessly without a hint of harshness.

Also some might kill me for this, but I do believe the P1 benefit from a bit of burn-in.
Isn't the problem and the reason for this kind of scenario that if whatever you use as dipraghm regardless of construction move quicker and more precise and bounce around less than what you are used to hear / say a paper cone and silk tweeter speaker then it will sound different.

By design.

But also I assume that the most exact recording without any such delays and misses and the most accurate playback should be the most similar to the original and as such "better."

But then in mixing or in electronics maybe one make attempts to counteract this to get more natural playback from inferior technical solutions and when you add those effects onto what's more efficient it become wrong sounding too.

But yeah either just being used to listening to speakers for instance and then except the same behavior or that the source material has been tweaked for playback on normal dynamic speakers and then sound weird because of that?

I don't know what your devices are but could it be the case that the iFi Pro iDSD is sending signals "tighter"/more impulse-like whereas the Audio Opus #2 signal hang around for a bit longer making the behavior of the planar membrane more like that of a dynamic speaker?

I don't know what typical reasoning is but from pure logic ... Then again I don't know if typically in a dynamic speaker for instance if you raise the bas as part of a sine wave whatever it stays in that position or whatever it bounces back if you just hold it.

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #224 of 1,427

these are more sensitive than the CL2 but still hard enough to drive that synergy seems like it might be pretty important to get the most out of these. Basically just a fact of planars....

Also, Planars need burn in time, I don't know of a manufacturer of planar sets that says otherwise. Audeze even does factory burn in....

This is a very, very thin diaphragm so I'd bet they don't need as much burn in as others like the CL2, but I think only a small minority who've listened to several planars would say that burn in is a total myth (with planar drivers at least). I'm a complete sceptic on BA drivers, and believe DDs need minimal burn in time, but planars are a different story.

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #225 of 1,427
these are more sensitive than the CL2 but still hard enough to drive that synergy seems like it might be pretty important to get the most out of these. Basically just a fact of planars....

Also, Planars need burn in time, I don't know of a manufacturer of planar sets that says otherwise. Audeze even does factory burn in....

This is a very, very thin diaphragm so I'd bet they don't need as much burn in as others like the CL2, but I think only a small minority who've listened to several planars would say that burn in is a total myth (with planar drivers at least). I'm a complete sceptic on BA drivers, and believe DDs need minimal burn in time, but planars are a different story.
Yup. The 1st 50 hours I wanted to return them, at 350 hours, you would have to mug me in the streets to take them away :)

Sounds like the 2 planar drivers have similarities , so Burn in, file quality, synergy with daps, tips , and cables should be in play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back