Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jun 26, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #181 of 1,427
I like my KZ and I've heard plenty of well-received high end gear. If people stop thinking of them as giant killers and instead what they are, that being good sounding budget gear that you move on to better things from, we'd all be better off. That said, they're getting a little big for their britches lately with stuff like the AS16. They've got the build down pat, they just need to work on refining their tuning.
I do not expect them to kill any giant, all i expected them to beat a 10 years old vsd3s which is not a lot to ask considering vsd3s price. You have completely missed my point.

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #182 of 1,427
So, P1 vs K10U?

A certain list has the K10 as “doesn’t do anything special” or similar :p. I currently really enjoy how ‘present’ (??) the mid/mid-high are, especially in Bjork songs even when the volume is quite low. The slight ‘warbles’ and ‘growls’ as she takes her voice to the edge is amazing.

How are the mid/mid-highs in the P1 in comparison? Mainly, does the level of ‘immersion’ change? (eg. DD bass very different from BA bass)

One is a “new entry planar” vs a “safely-tuned ex-flagship” 10BA. The K10U is missing a bit of ‘excitement’ to me, so I’m not trying to sell it off as superior and am looking for a reasonable comparison of the different technology ‘feel’.

(Plus, conversation track..)

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #183 of 1,427
That option was grayed out and not available to select when I ordered on Linsoul (still added the C8 as $20 is a good deal for it) but if that option was available and it's what you selected when you ordered, then I would think you would see it on your email confirmation.

The email I received referenced my selection on the page:

SKU: TinHifi-P1-IEM
Bundle: +Tripowin C8 Cable/+20$

So I would assume that yours should include something like:
+Tripowin C8 Cable-Free only 20pcs

I must admit, I have no idea what they're sending me. I did fill in the additional box stating 2.5mm balanced but the translation doesn't make a lot of sense:

Screenshot 2019-06-26 at 08.23.29.png

Jun 26, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #184 of 1,427
Walk through an under-construction suburb development in the US sometime .. so many cut corners all over. Although at a much smaller - and less lethal - scale.

(I kid a bit as there are many more guards / checks in the US. Still can have poor quality products though!)
Plenty of newly constructed dwellings in Australia are showing fatal flaws in workmanship and were built using flammable cladding as well. I think it's a case of constantly thinking one's excrement smells like roses.

Jun 26, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #185 of 1,427
Back on topic, apologies to everyone else who's here for the actual topic of the thread and not petty drama between two random people on the internet.

So, P1 vs K10U?

A certain list has the K10 as “doesn’t do anything special” or similar :p. I currently really enjoy how ‘present’ (??) the mid/mid-high are, especially in Bjork songs even when the volume is quite low. The slight ‘warbles’ and ‘growls’ as she takes her voice to the edge is amazing.

How are the mid/mid-highs in the P1 in comparison? Mainly, does the level of ‘immersion’ change? (eg. DD bass very different from BA bass)

One is a “new entry planar” vs a “safely-tuned ex-flagship” 10BA. The K10U is missing a bit of ‘excitement’ to me, so I’m not trying to sell it off as superior and am looking for a reasonable comparison of the different technology ‘feel’.

(Plus, conversation track..)

K10 is a good IEM but it's not amazing to me, that's all there is to it. You'd feel like a chunk of energy is missing if you move from the K10 to the P1, I think. The P1 lacks bite and doesn't "attack" as well (full explanation about attack and the other things here for those not familiar with my terminology). In a way, the K10 is actually more exciting than the P1, with exception of the bass response.

IMO, the iSine/'i4 with Cipher/EQ is still my benchmark for what a good planar IEM is, though it really is a shame that they are very bad without DSP. Still haven't heard the CL2 yet though but I will in the coming weeks, so we'll see then. The P1 has the most "correct" tonality amongst the current lineup of IEM planars to my ears.

Jun 26, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #186 of 1,427
Back to the P1, how does it compare to the comparably priced EX800ST or more expensive Periodic Be if someone have them both?

Jun 26, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #188 of 1,427
I do not expect them to kill any giant, all i expected them to beat a 10 years old vsd3s which is not a lot to ask considering vsd3s price. You have completely missed my point.

Probably. I just saw yet another person incessantly *****ing about KZ. I only have the VSD3 which a number of KZ's (and other modern cheapos for that matter) thwomp, so what do I know? Carry on :)

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #189 of 1,427
Rhihana sucks... loud and flat.... I like Lizzo :)
P1 very hopeful that it won't suck, they have a good track record and I like PRAT in my music which P1 promises, it might not be very good with everything but will excell in some things like my stereo setup
Chi fi is on the rise and will rule the world in next decade.... good sound is not for the rich only.. it keeps already crazy industry little sane with pricing....
I remember that a 1k hd 800 was the crazy expensive now the manufacturers are ripping us, they all riding the wave of ' flagship ' craze....
so chi fi is a counter balance to margin hungry manufacturers .......
also I admit that crazy margins on headphones gave us many good brands with quality products as well but with a cost to consumer...

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #190 of 1,427
Yeah I just want to talk about the p1, and since I dont have mine yet I’ll just keep asking questions that I think might help others.

Has anyone spent some time watching movies or playing video games with these? The secret is slowly getting out on how good planars are for gaming. The Audeze Mobius is the prime example, winning every award. But HyperX has its own version using audeze drivers coming soon. I’ve gamed with my oppos and the iSine and both are great for sq, imaging, and separation (I.e good for FPS gamers). My hope is the p1 are similar to the iSine in this regard, with the obvious smaller sound stage as the iSine are semi-open. The dominance of open-back dynamics in gaming is coming to an end.

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #191 of 1,427
Yeah I just want to talk about the p1, and since I dont have mine yet I’ll just keep asking questions that I think might help others.

Has anyone spent some time watching movies or playing video games with these? The secret is slowly getting out on how good planars are for gaming. The Audeze Mobius is the prime example, winning every award. But HyperX has its own version using audeze drivers coming soon. I’ve gamed with my oppos and the iSine and both are great for sq, imaging, and separation (I.e good for FPS gamers). My hope is the p1 are similar to the iSine in this regard, with the obvious smaller sound stage as the iSine are semi-open. The dominance of open-back dynamics in gaming is coming to an end.

I've used them for gaming. Find they're pretty good thanks to their imaging and separation. Have no issues tracking sounds. Not my favorite for movies though. P1's bass is a little too laid back for my tastes in that use case.

Jun 26, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #194 of 1,427
@mulanj I'm not sure how you are actually contributing to this thread??

When I get them I'll let you know.

Good, when you get them tell us your true thoughts. Honesty is the best thing for those thinking about spending their hard earned cash. Hope it's good news. Hopefully I will be a second phase buyer.

Steve

Steve

Jun 26, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #195 of 1,427
I've not read much on burn in on these.... I wonder if people's opinions on the bass will change as they rack up the hours. Planars in general are the driver type i find changes the most (by far).

Although with how thin this diaphragm is and with the vents, it probably won't be as big of a factor for these like with the fully closed, thicker CL2 or something like the closed mrspeakers ether CX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back