1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Tin Hifi P1 impressions

First

Back
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
Next

Last
  1. dogears
    LG V10 -> P1 is working fine for me :)

bgtip likes this.
  2. Fatdoi
    good question.......
    I can only refer them to the genres I listen to...... symphonies, choral, concertos, jpop & general pop songs...... also I don't write in technical terms, i just based from my own interpretation
    IO is quite compromised but in a good way..... it has very focused vocal presentation, chamber music..... it gives you quite intimate 3D sound, I mainly use it for jpop and pop
    No.3 was an impulse buy... was looking for the ultimate single driver iem, thought it can do what I'm looking for after the good experience with A&D D6..... but quite disappointed atm as it can only do bass... the sound it produces is quite flat... need to listen to it more to comment but not quite bothered to.....
    DM7 i consider this a quite complete all rounder... loads of detail and volume in bass/mid/treble.... so much so i find it sometimes bit too rich like double expresso in a mug....... but the stage and energy it gives is pure bliss for large orchestral and choral pieces....
    P1 another all rounder for me, it does almost everything right except sometimes i need to boost the bass a few db to balance it out.... more relaxing compared to DM7, more realistic and convincing presentation on vocals and instruments... very fast iem so it also needs a fast amp to match it otherwise can hear the amp drags it down..... if given enough power, P1 i can listen to all day compared to only an hour or 2 on DM7

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    dogears, capnjack and bgtip like this.
  3. double07
    As the P1 is becoming my goto IEM now. It's funny that I preferred this over any of IEM I have now. Even, iSine 20. LOL... I took the P1 around with my ultra portable Headamp Pico DAC/Amp and Fiio M11 today; it was great! The Pico can drive P1 with ease. Now, I don't have to haul the iFi DSD on the go :) Yayyy..

bgtip likes this.
  4. Fatdoi
    Wondering if anyone used Hugo2 to drive P1.... Bit of overkill I think but no harm in asking...

5. dogears
    This. It gets the timbre right! \m/
    Will try to check the DM7 if I can.
    Thanks for reply man. Cheers

6. Lohb
    ..on old head-fi you could search images in a thread..but anyway..did anyone do any vent/port sealing on the P1s and how did it change the SQ ?
    Not received my set yet, but looking to compile a short list of mods to see how to squeeze the best out of them...longer nozzles looking good for low-end extension/quantity anyway...

Any testing on wide and narrow nozzles effect on how the presentation changes for example the 2 below nozzle sizes..?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  7. MyPants
    I have both the ES100 and the xCAN. My P1s are coming on Monday and I'll let you know how the two sources compare. If I had to guess, the xCAN will achieve better dynamics, as it does with most of my planars vs the ES100.

I'll also be comparing against iSINE 20 and Moondrop Kanas Pro to start.

8. davehutch
    That’s great. Looking forward to hearing about your experience

9. Lohb
    Did you try SpinfitCP100/CP145...the Aet07a look quite similar in design, but I guess that bore material is making the difference in Aet07a...think they only ship from Malaysia (??)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  10. aliquis
    Incoming Fiio BTR5 in sep-oct with 2*160 mW 2.5 mm.

How much weaker and issue is that plug Vs 4.4? I assume 4.4 use up much more space.

MyPants likes this.
  11. Lohb
    am buying the same BT dongle when it drops...never had an issue with 2.5" plugs or connectors...

12. fericske
    Yes, I have both Spinfit, and not, they don't give that result the AET07 does. Also got the AET07a and AET08a, but on P1 still better (to me) the AET07, so I use with that.
    You right, the eartip material (whole eartip, flange as well, not only the bore) is affect the sound (and sonic feeling!) too, not just its design.
    The Acoustune tips have a damping section where the bore and the flange join, similarly to the Final eartips, but the Final damping is more effective, I didn't find that good match to P1.
    The Spinfit damping section is on the bore, close to the flange. Doesn't give enchanted bass to the P1 like the Acoustune does.

"
    ..on old head-fi you could search images in a thread..but anyway..did anyone do any vent/port sealing on the P1s and how did it change the SQ ?
    Not received my set yet, but looking to compile a short list of mods to see how to squeeze the best out of them...longer nozzles looking good for low-end extension/quantity anyway...

Any testing on wide and narrow nozzles effect on how the presentation changes for example the 2 below nozzle sizes..?
    "

I tried with blocked vent, how is that sound. There is not really changes on EQ, but lacks airiness, stage, atmosphere with that mod. Not recommended by me.
    Tighter, narrow bore tips gives more bass feeling, but loss on quality of bass and drastically degrade the high ends quality. Also not recommended by me.

rayliam80, bgtip, alexh and 1 other person like this.
  13. bgtip
    Could you please tell us which AET07 size is equivalent to the default P1 eartip size?

14. fericske
    The M size (white/clear) about ~ the P1s' larger foam tip, Spinfit 100-150 M.
    L (yellow) ~ P1s' large wide bore silicon.
    S (red) I never had.

(I get good sealing with both L and M of AET07. My experience with silicon eartips (preferred over on foams) I get more "vibrancy" at low end if the flange have a nice full surface sit on my ear, that only not enough the sealing is right. Actually I don't push the eartip in to the earcanal, just make a blockage at the "entrance" with large size tips, and only the peaky end of the eartip hanging in to the canal, and the flange nicely lay around in that hollow outside the canal. Works very well with softer silicons, like Sony hybrids. The AET07 not that soft, but still in game.)

Please, keep in mind, the Acoustune tip doesn't rise bass quantity, that's enchant the bass. A little more reverb, texture, weight.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Lohb likes this.
  15. atomd
    I'm listening to the p1 with the nx4 dsd right now and it has more than enough power. They might like a little more juice than your average iem but let's not get carried away here. I am very happy with these. It's amazing what $150 can get you these days.

MyPants and capnjack like this.
First

Back
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
Next

Last