Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Sep 1, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #782 of 1,427
@Fatdoi, very interesting iems lineup. How would you rate P1 against the rest of your iems? tia
good question.......
I can only refer them to the genres I listen to...... symphonies, choral, concertos, jpop & general pop songs...... also I don't write in technical terms, i just based from my own interpretation
IO is quite compromised but in a good way..... it has very focused vocal presentation, chamber music..... it gives you quite intimate 3D sound, I mainly use it for jpop and pop
No.3 was an impulse buy... was looking for the ultimate single driver iem, thought it can do what I'm looking for after the good experience with A&D D6..... but quite disappointed atm as it can only do bass... the sound it produces is quite flat... need to listen to it more to comment but not quite bothered to.....
DM7 i consider this a quite complete all rounder... loads of detail and volume in bass/mid/treble.... so much so i find it sometimes bit too rich like double expresso in a mug....... but the stage and energy it gives is pure bliss for large orchestral and choral pieces....
P1 another all rounder for me, it does almost everything right except sometimes i need to boost the bass a few db to balance it out.... more relaxing compared to DM7, more realistic and convincing presentation on vocals and instruments... very fast iem so it also needs a fast amp to match it otherwise can hear the amp drags it down..... if given enough power, P1 i can listen to all day compared to only an hour or 2 on DM7

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #783 of 1,427
As the P1 is becoming my goto IEM now. It's funny that I preferred this over any of IEM I have now. Even, iSine 20. LOL... I took the P1 around with my ultra portable Headamp Pico DAC/Amp and Fiio M11 today; it was great! The Pico can drive P1 with ease. Now, I don't have to haul the iFi DSD on the go :) Yayyy..

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #784 of 1,427
Wondering if anyone used Hugo2 to drive P1.... Bit of overkill I think but no harm in asking...

Sep 2, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #785 of 1,427
P1 another all rounder for me, it does almost everything right except sometimes i need to boost the bass a few db to balance it out.... more relaxing compared to DM7, more realistic and convincing presentation on vocals and instruments...
This. It gets the timbre right! \m/
Will try to check the DM7 if I can.
Thanks for reply man. Cheers

Sep 4, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #786 of 1,427
..on old head-fi you could search images in a thread..but anyway..did anyone do any vent/port sealing on the P1s and how did it change the SQ ?
Not received my set yet, but looking to compile a short list of mods to see how to squeeze the best out of them...longer nozzles looking good for low-end extension/quantity anyway...

Any testing on wide and narrow nozzles effect on how the presentation changes for example the 2 below nozzle sizes..?
3-Spinfits.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #787 of 1,427
Has anyone here used both the Radone ES100 AND the iFi xCan to drive the P1s?
If so, do they benefit from the increased power available form the iFi?

I know that in theory they should but please only answer if you've actually tried both devices to drive them and can compare.
I'm thinking of selling my desktop amp to buy an xCan
Thanks

I have both the ES100 and the xCAN. My P1s are coming on Monday and I'll let you know how the two sources compare. If I had to guess, the xCAN will achieve better dynamics, as it does with most of my planars vs the ES100.

I'll also be comparing against iSINE 20 and Moondrop Kanas Pro to start.

Sep 6, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #788 of 1,427
I have both the ES100 and the xCAN. My P1s are coming on Monday and I'll let you know how the two sources compare. If I had to guess, the xCAN will achieve better dynamics, as it does with most of my planars vs the ES100.

I'll also be comparing against iSINE 20 and Moondrop Kanas Pro to start.
That’s great. Looking forward to hearing about your experience

Sep 6, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #789 of 1,427
Hi guys,
I own a P1 about two weeks. It has run 50-60 hrs on my ear.
I read this whole thread with reviews and looks like the P1 get cons on its bass-deeps performance.
My first impressons was the open, clean sound, very good articulation at vocals - mids, the really high quality treble section with tons of details and with fine touch, and also really good separation.
Also I got the flat soundstage and the powerless deeps.
Oh, yeah. My recent setup is PC-Supra usb-Qp1r as dac-TMP ANT amplifier. The Ant is a hybrid amp with plenty of horsepower under the hood. It is perform really well with any headphone I connected to, if that is only a 1 BA Westone UM1 or Final F3100, or a power hungry JPS Labs Abyss. http://finaltamas.aszerzetes.eu/erositok/39-tmp-ant-9w-os-fejhallgatoerosito.html I just wait for its dac, that is under designing at the moment.
I found the problem with the bass is not the quantity (depend on taste of course) but lacks of energy.
Luckily this issue is not within the shell design, but still on the shoulder of the sound engineering.
This is basically an eartip selection issue.
Tinhifi packed next to the P1 universal eartip selection instead of design eartip for this fantastic ear-monitor like the Final Audio does. (Dita Audio using Final Audio tips for they products.)
I have wide range of ear tips in a shopping bag (I just don't find the spiral dots nowhere), and I figured out the P1 needs dumping by eartip to get better deeps.
But because of the shell design was not possible to get right positioning of the tips, they are slides up fully on the nozzle, but I want to fix them on about halfway to get enough damping length above the nozzle ends.
So I got some 510 drip tip rubber (and a thin stripe of isolation tape round on the nozzle for the stable fit to the rubber) and I got the spacing I needed. About 2mm.
I tried almost all my eartips and the idea working with all, but I was not satisfied until I fitted on the Acoustune AET07 tips https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/acoustune-aet07-eartip?variant=40351351047
i have ordered Aet07a and Aet08a.

Only positives I got with this little modification.
Enhanched bass reproduction:
- more tightness
- more details, layers
- more sub bass extension
- energy of bass!

Soundstage:
- Depth!

Vocals:
- More body

High ends:
- No changes. They are amazing with stock tips, stock setups too.

Amplifying:
- With this eartip method the P1 perform better sonically on lower volume level. Just good on a Mate 10pro with stock usb-c connector (volume level not raised of course, and amplifiers still brings they benefits.)

The overall sound signature get a hint warmth to its neutrality.
My beloved Periodic BE get retired after this upgrade on the P1.

A pic with the Acoustune tip and rubbers on nozzle.

Did you try SpinfitCP100/CP145...the Aet07a look quite similar in design, but I guess that bore material is making the difference in Aet07a...think they only ship from Malaysia (??)

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #790 of 1,427
Incoming Fiio BTR5 in sep-oct with 2*160 mW 2.5 mm.

How much weaker and issue is that plug Vs 4.4? I assume 4.4 use up much more space.

Sep 6, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #791 of 1,427
Incoming Fiio BTR5 in sep-oct with 2*160 mW 2.5 mm.

How much weaker and issue is that plug Vs 4.4? I assume 4.4 use up much more space.
am buying the same BT dongle when it drops...never had an issue with 2.5" plugs or connectors...

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #792 of 1,427
Did you try SpinfitCP100/CP145...the Aet07a look quite similar in design, but I guess that bore material is making the difference in Aet07a...think they only ship from Malaysia (??)

Yes, I have both Spinfit, and not, they don't give that result the AET07 does. Also got the AET07a and AET08a, but on P1 still better (to me) the AET07, so I use with that.
You right, the eartip material (whole eartip, flange as well, not only the bore) is affect the sound (and sonic feeling!) too, not just its design.
The Acoustune tips have a damping section where the bore and the flange join, similarly to the Final eartips, but the Final damping is more effective, I didn't find that good match to P1.
The Spinfit damping section is on the bore, close to the flange. Doesn't give enchanted bass to the P1 like the Acoustune does.

"
..on old head-fi you could search images in a thread..but anyway..did anyone do any vent/port sealing on the P1s and how did it change the SQ ?
Not received my set yet, but looking to compile a short list of mods to see how to squeeze the best out of them...longer nozzles looking good for low-end extension/quantity anyway...

Any testing on wide and narrow nozzles effect on how the presentation changes for example the 2 below nozzle sizes..?
"

I tried with blocked vent, how is that sound. There is not really changes on EQ, but lacks airiness, stage, atmosphere with that mod. Not recommended by me.
Tighter, narrow bore tips gives more bass feeling, but loss on quality of bass and drastically degrade the high ends quality. Also not recommended by me.

Sep 7, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #793 of 1,427
Yes, I have both Spinfit, and not, they don't give that result the AET07 does.
Could you please tell us which AET07 size is equivalent to the default P1 eartip size?

Sep 7, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #794 of 1,427
Could you please tell us which AET07 size is equivalent to the default P1 eartip size?

The M size (white/clear) about ~ the P1s' larger foam tip, Spinfit 100-150 M.
L (yellow) ~ P1s' large wide bore silicon.
S (red) I never had.

(I get good sealing with both L and M of AET07. My experience with silicon eartips (preferred over on foams) I get more "vibrancy" at low end if the flange have a nice full surface sit on my ear, that only not enough the sealing is right. Actually I don't push the eartip in to the earcanal, just make a blockage at the "entrance" with large size tips, and only the peaky end of the eartip hanging in to the canal, and the flange nicely lay around in that hollow outside the canal. Works very well with softer silicons, like Sony hybrids. The AET07 not that soft, but still in game.)

Please, keep in mind, the Acoustune tip doesn't rise bass quantity, that's enchant the bass. A little more reverb, texture, weight.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #795 of 1,427
I'm listening to the p1 with the nx4 dsd right now and it has more than enough power. They might like a little more juice than your average iem but let's not get carried away here. I am very happy with these. It's amazing what $150 can get you these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back