Time for some new IEMs
Jun 30, 2013 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hughjass91

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for some good "fun" bass but not muddy. I primarily listen to electronic music like trance and hardstyle. My budget is about $80-$150. I have my eye on a few already: Sony xb90ex, Shure 215, Etymotic mc3, Atrio m5. I'm leaning towards the shures or etymotics because they go deeper in the ear but  like the look and the cable of the sonys but the fit is what concerns me. I just  threw in the Atrios because a few people suggested those on other similar threads. So yeah any suggestions on these or any other IEMs would be nice thank you.
L3000.gif

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #2 of 7
Ath cks1000
Zero audio carbo basso
Yamaha eph 100
Jvc fxz200

Those are all top notch, check the huge discovery thread for reviews on most of them. As for ur original list, i think only the sony or atrios fit ur signature, as i know the ety have accurate bass, but not really fun. They are more flat. I think u would really enjoy the basso or eph 100 most as they fit deeprr in ear, and are fun yet very clear also.

Yamaha has better stage and imaging, pure bass goes to basso, yet the 2 are ptetty similar. Basso is also only $60, or i seen the 100s in trader section for $85 ($150 new)

Jul 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
Yamaha EPH-100

Beware of microdriver IEMs that have the driver in the ear canal, as these can be extremely uncomfortable, especially for those with a small ear canal.

Jul 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #5 of 7
I think they are comfy, but of coarse i have larger canals. But in opening statement he statex he liked the way the ety fit deeper in ear, so shouldnt be issue, valid point though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back