Tidal Lossless Streaming
Nov 14, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #4,321 of 5,203
Hey my friends, im looking to replace my ipod/cck as a transport, basically i need a streaming transport with usb digital out as my Y3 Dac only streams mqa through usb, any ideas under 1k? Thanks in advance.

P.S ipod makes a exceptional transport imo but id like a wired connection to get more consistancy/ quality stream. Thats the dream anyway..

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #4,322 of 5,203
Hey my friends, im looking to replace my ipod/cck as a transport, basically i need a streaming transport with usb digital out as my Y3 Dac only streams mqa through usb, any ideas under 1k? Thanks in advance.

P.S ipod makes a exceptional transport imo but id like a wired connection to get more consistancy/ quality stream. Thats the dream anyway..
Why not consider a high end DAP such as HiBy R6-PRO, or Fiio M11?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #4,323 of 5,203
Does TIDAL HIFI Monitor this thread or post messages?

i think they are closed, as taking 7 days to reply to a question. Someone called Brian doesn’t bother to reply.

what a joke in terms of customer service

Nov 17, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #4,326 of 5,203
Wish that when you open artist page you can see are everything you have saved from that artists up top. Seems like an obvious thing. Also wish I could see all songs over all the sections in one list.

Nov 20, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #4,329 of 5,203
Why are some reviewers stating that Tidal HIFI/MASTER is lossy?[/QUOTE

Because it’s partially true. One of Tidals big claim to fame are providing an audio file format called MQA. MQA in itself is lossy, however, the format allows for all of the artists track to be... mastered and authenticated. Tidal has some of its millions plus catalog presented in “MQA”, which again means Master Quality Authenticated (an audio codec). Having MQA available also means smaller file size easier to move in a high resolution capacity. There’s a lot to love about this format. Once you experience it for yourself through a decent DAC that can handle unfolding the MQA file produces sound very much equivalent to full on high resolution audio in a smaller, more transportable package.

10385679.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-20_17-11-45.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-20_17-11-45.jpeg
    1.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #4,331 of 5,203
Because it is lossy. Google “MQA lossy”.
Because it is lossy. Google “MQA lossy”.[/
Why are some reviewers stating that Tidal HIFI/MASTER is lossy?
Because it is lossy. Google “MQA lossy”.[/
Because it’s partially true. One of Tidals big claim to fame are providing an audio file format calledMQA. MQA in itself is lossy, however, the format allows for all of the artists track to be... mastered and authenticated. Tidal has some of its millions plus catalog presented in “MQA”, which again means Master Quality Authenticated (an audio codec). Having MQA available also means smaller file size easier to move in a high resolution capacity. There’s a lot to love about this format. Once you experience it for yourself through a decent DAC that can handle unfolding the MQA file produces sound very much equivalent to full on high resolution audio in a smaller, more transportable package.

10385679.jpeg
It’s not “partially true,” which I suppose is technically impossible. It’s just true. However, it’s a better flavour of lossy that usually sounds just fine to my ears.

It’s partially true in the fact that not all a Tidal tracks are MQA, some are.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #4,335 of 5,203
“Google MQA lossy” is being nasty? I said that because much has been written about the topic and googling it is probably the fastest way to get a compressive look at the issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back