Tidal Lossless Streaming
Nov 28, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #3,991 of 5,203
Thanks, it works and I'm shocked. Makes no sense at all.

Is there any way to re-size of the left panel in either the Tidal desktop app or web app? The panel that has the playlists? I can't remember if that was ever a feature in the past but it's a bit frustrating to not be able adjust the size, at least temporarily, so you can see the full titles of each playlist and not some cut-off gibberish. Also, good grief Tidal, how long has it been that right click copy/paste hasn't been implemented? I was using it back in the WIN 3.1 days. I use CTL-V and C but man this is 2018! Not to mention the mysterious disappearance of sound settings unless you have already selected a song.

Nov 28, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #3,992 of 5,203
Is there any way to re-size of the left panel in either the Tidal desktop app or web app? The panel that has the playlists? I can't remember if that was ever a feature in the past but it's a bit frustrating to not be able adjust the size, at least temporarily, so you can see the full titles of each playlist and not some cut-off gibberish. Also, good grief Tidal, how long has it been that right click copy/paste hasn't been implemented? I was using it back in the WIN 3.1 days. I use CTL-V and C but man this is 2018! Not to mention the mysterious disappearance of sound settings unless you have already selected a song.

Bottom line for Tidal seems to be best quality music streaming combined with the worst possible UI :frowning2:

Anyway, it's less than half the price of quboz here so I'm still keeping it :wink:

Nov 30, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #3,994 of 5,203
Ever since the last software update to the desktop version, I've lost the option to adjust particular settings of the sound output. I can still choose which output device, but no longer have the options that were set as exclusive, pass-through MQA decoding and force volume. Has anyone else noticed this?

9939166_l.jpg

The option to adjust output device settings has returned with the latest update, even when the device isn't currently being used for playback.

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #3,995 of 5,203
I love this service but the desktop version has always had annoying issues for me. First of all it always takes it like 45 seconds to a few minutes to finally start playing a damn song after first starting up the app. Then today it kept deciding to turn my headphone volume to absolute maximum blow your ****ing head off every time I changed tracks or changed a setting in the app. It did this until I stopped letting Tidal take control of the audio device. Like no Tidal you can no longer be trusted with control of my audio device.

Dec 19, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #3,997 of 5,203
Great new feature with this latest update! After you play the album or whatever is in your playlist, it continues playing crap you didn't ask for! :triportsad:

You can disable it in settings. But really, Tidal people, the default should have been OFF!

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #3,999 of 5,203
Personally I’m very happy with this new feature and I think the mix is spot on :)

You are right, it's much closer to your interests than the "suggestions just for you" they have been peddling :p

But still, I usually have my own playlists or I want to hear an album. It totally messes up your concentration when stuff you didn't pick starts playing. I still say it should default to NO and then can just mail us about it in the newsletter.

1st rule of software compatability: don't change existing behavior with new defaults!

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #4,000 of 5,203
@gimmeheadroom To be fair, if it was defaulted to off I doubt many people would ever notice it as being a feature. Personally I like it as it fills the void when my current queue runs dry. I guess the happy medium would be to have a pop-up or something similar when new features are added, telling you what they are and how to turn them on.

Dec 30, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #4,002 of 5,203
Hey guys, I need advise, noob here. I just want to stream Tidal from my iPhone & iPad to my Focal Clear. Do I need a DAC or just an amp? Tidal on iPhone > amp > Clear.

Depends on the version of the iDevice. If your iDevice has an old-style headphone jack, then no. If it only has the lightning jack, then yes. The DAC can be as simple as the Apple dongle (which sold for $9.00 when I bought mine).

Dec 30, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #4,003 of 5,203
Depends on the version of the iDevice. If your iDevice has an old-style headphone jack, then no. If it only has the lightning jack, then yes. The DAC can be as simple as the Apple dongle (which sold for $9.00 when I bought mine).

It’s the X so I don’t have a headphone jack. So it’s the Apple CCK cable > USB A to B > DAC > amp > headphone?

Thanks!

Dec 30, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #4,004 of 5,203
It’s the X so I don’t have a headphone jack. So it’s the Apple CCK cable > USB A to B > DAC > amp > headphone?

Thanks!

The cheapest solution is this. Believe it or not, there is a DAC inside it.

The CCK may or may not be necessary with a standalone DAC. You need it for the Dragonflies. But you don't need it for the Oppo HA-2. (Those are the two portable DACs I own.) If you want to get a CCK get this one. It has fewer problems than the less expensive one (although it is bulkier).

Dec 30, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #4,005 of 5,203
The cheapest solution is this. Believe it or not, there is a DAC inside it.

The CCK may or may not be necessary with a standalone DAC. You need it for the Dragonflies. But you don't need it for the Oppo HA-2. (Those are the two portable DACs I own.) If you want to get a CCK get this one. It has fewer problems than the less expensive one (although it is bulkier).

Thanks man!

The reason I need a CCK (thanks for the tip on which one) is because I can’t find a Lightning to USB-B cable. The DACs I’m looking at only have USB-B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back