Tidal Lossless Streaming
Sep 4, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #1,546 of 5,203
Thanks for all that! At the moment I mainly use Tidal directly (for the best sound).

You are welcome!If you do not care about the money you have spent on Roon and SQ are your main goal you should definately go for JplayStreamer for Tidal. It is both simple and the SQ is by far the best that I have experianced with Tidal. See my previous post on this thread how to set it up. Might seem complicated...but is actually very straight forward, extremely rewarding and is a conveniant way to play music. You will need an Android tablet with free BubbleDS Next app installed to get it working. I use a Nexus 7 gen2 tablet wih 7" screen with wirelss charger. I could'nt be happier! :)

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #1,547 of 5,203
I might be missing something, but why would I want to add a tablet to the chain, assuming I listen to music at my computer with all the devices within my reach?

Sep 4, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #1,548 of 5,203
  I might be missing something, but why would I want to add a tablet to the chain, assuming I listen to music at my computer with all the devices within my reach?

IMO simply due to some strong reasons:
1. SQ is far better than using a single computer.
2. You can virtually control the music wireless from anywhere in the house/apartment as long as you are in reach of the network (and in theory in reach of another network than your own as well). I usually have my tablet in my lap while exploring the music....but if I want to change music while eating, reading in my favourite chair or having a party I could do that without walking to my equipment. 
3. Simple. If your computer is already running and your stereo is on you just open the app and play the music.

Unbeatable reasons in my book! :)

If you see it as Airplay on steroids...you are not far off! :wink:

Sep 7, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #1,549 of 5,203
I can't get jplay to work on my x99 windows 10 desktop . It's very frustrating and downright convoluted to begin with. Tidal really needs to take care of the hifirst crowd better.

To add more the specific network service jplay uses to host is not longer supported in win 10.

Sep 7, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #1,550 of 5,203
I can't get jplay to work on my x99 windows 10 desktop . It's very frustrating and downright convoluted to begin with. Tidal really needs to take care of the hifirst crowd better.

To add more the specific network service jplay uses to host is not longer supported in win 10.

Jplay is working fine with Windows 10..and Tidal as well for me. However, you should check your ASIO Driver and run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode. I initially had some problem when upgrading from W7>W10 and running my TheSycon v1.61 driver in W7 compatibility mode worked wonder for me! Worth checking. Good luck! :)

Sep 7, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #1,551 of 5,203

Hi tekprimehifi, 

Could you tell me what issues do you have exactly? I may be able to help

Cheers, 
Marcin

Sep 7, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #1,552 of 5,203
Jplay installs and starts up the configuration window.

1.(This taskbar window sometimes doesn't like to open entirely and the top+right edges of the window are missing including the min max and close) restarting the program sometimes fixes this.

2. I couldn't play through bubble although the streamer is listed. It cues tracks but then loops loading circle.

3. Trying to target the Jplay asio through foobar I am prompted with an asio playback error and then the Jplay task ui pops up that the streamer network could not be found/is not avaliable. This error locks up Jplay and requires a restart to get back into the Jplay configuration window.

4. The pc is in dmz+ with all av fwall disabled.
Going through the network troubleshooting in the manual I get to the telnet step... Telnet (server) is no longer a function of w10. The commands prompt gives back a that command doesn't exist.

Sep 14, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #1,559 of 5,203
So i just joined Tidal (and yes Im going to pay for the service) and im having some issues where if Im streaming it stutters and or freezes so I only listen to downloaded/offline. Are they going to fix this? I really think the SQ of Tidal is by far better that Spotify Premium but Spotify has way more tracks. Has any of you long time users seen a lot of updates and are they still trying to get more music? there are a lot of songs that I would like to get.

Sep 15, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #1,560 of 5,203
So i just joined Tidal (and yes Im going to pay for the service) and im having some issues where if Im streaming it stutters and or freezes so I only listen to downloaded/offline. Are they going to fix this? I really think the SQ of Tidal is by far better that Spotify Premium but Spotify has way more tracks. Has any of you long time users seen a lot of updates and are they still trying to get more music? there are a lot of songs that I would like to get.

If you are listening on music on-the-go in Hifi quality I suggestions you download the files/use offline mode. You need to have a very good 3G connection to enjoy it completely without stops. Also you will most likely avoid high mobile phone charges.
Tidal search engine is improved lately but still leaves more to ask for. They are working on it though. A new update for Android arrived today. With some luck something you searched for just turned up! :wink: Noticed that one new feature was "influenced by" under atist page. Nice addition!:)
There is still a long way until they fully complete with Spotify's catalogue...but they are constantly improving. Not much that I personally are missing out these days. I am very content! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back