Tidal Lossless Streaming
Jun 1, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #1,081 of 5,209
No Desktop player? How can i enable wasapi with Tidal, through the browser player? The options are terribly limited. 

One way is to use Jplay6 together with Asio Bridge. Not free, but will end up with a big sound improvement. :)

Jun 1, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #1,082 of 5,209
One way is to use Jplay6 together with Asio Bridge. Not free, but will end up with a big sound improvement.
smily_headphones1.gif

any thorough explanation available on how to set this up?

Jun 1, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #1,083 of 5,209
any thorough explanation available on how to set this up?

It is actually enough to just use Asio Bridge..and it is donation ware. Should work with Wasapi as well. Download Asio Bridge, set VB cable as your computer sound device, open Asio Bridge and set your Wasapi driver as the device.

Edit! Download Fidelizer 6.7 free as well and run it before you start listening...and you will have a pretty good improvement for almost nothing.

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #1,084 of 5,209
It is actually enough to just use Asio Bridge..and it is donation ware. Should work with Wasapi as well. Download Asio Bridge, set VB cable as your computer sound device, open Asio Bridge and set your Wasapi driver as the device.

Edit! Download Fidelizer 6.7 free as well and run it before you start listening...and you will have a pretty good improvement for almost nothing.

thanks.

i actually downloaded the trial jplayer and i do not like it. it does not seem to bypass any windows settings.
for example, i have my sound blaster z in my pc sending info out to my DAC through toslink. 

Using foobar with wasapi bypasses all effects windows or the soundcard has on my pc.
this is not true with jplayer, even though i believe i set it up correctly. Virtual surround, which i use when i game, was being applied to my music. This is very bad. I prefer wasapi much more, as it bypasses all of this. 

I will try what you mentioned, as i prefer wasapi.

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #1,085 of 5,209
Well, you should try Jplay with Asio Bridge. Without Asio Bridge you will never have a bitperfect setup with Tidal. Just make sure that the sound output is set to 16 bit/44100 Hz (Cd quality)...and check that your sound slider in not working (so you know that the setting is correct). Asio Bridge will in my opinion improve Asio performance on Foobar as well...and does'nt hurt to try with wasapi.

Edit! Jplay6 is the one you want. If you have tried 5x versions...you will miss out on the major improvements with Jplay (ie. The DAC link feature).

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #1,086 of 5,209
Well, you should try Jplay with Asio Bridge. Without Asio Bridge you will never have a bitperfect setup with Tidal. Just make sure that the sound output is set to 16 bit/44100 Hz (Cd quality)...and check that your sound slider in not working (so you know that the setting is correct). Asio Bridge will in my opinion improve Asio performance on Foobar as well...and does'nt hurt to try with wasapi.

Edit! Jplay6 is the one you want. If you have tried 5x versions...you will miss out on the major improvements with Jplay (ie. The DAC link feature).

does the dac link feature only work with a dac connected through usb? my bifrost uber is connected to my sbz via optical out.

i cannot find that option in jplayer6

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #1,087 of 5,209
does the dac link feature only work with a dac connected through usb? my bifrost uber is connected to my sbz via optical out.

i cannot find that option in jplayer6

Yes, the DAC link feature should work on your DAC with optical out as well. I know that Shiit DAC's have reports that it only works with Wasapi with Jplay...and you should check that you have the latest driver installed. The DAC link is really a buffer connection were 700 Hz= 64, 350 hz= 128 etc. Make sure that the driver sample on Shiit is corresponding to Jplay DAC link.

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #1,088 of 5,209
Yes, the DAC link feature should work on your DAC with optical out as well. I know that Shiit DAC's have reports that it only works with Wasapi with Jplay...and you should check that you have the latest driver installed. The DAC link is really a buffer connection were 700 Hz= 64, 350 hz= 128 etc. Make sure that the driver sample on Shiit is corresponding to Jplay DAC link.

ok i think i have it figured out. 

I run asio bridge, and turn asio on? when i turn it off i hear no difference.

for jplay, i have playing via asio (my sound card)

in windows speaker icon, VB is selected as playback, and in recording, i must listen to VB with spdif out as the playback device?

This is the only way i can get any sound to play, and am not sure if the setup is correct.

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #1,089 of 5,209
ok i think i have it figured out. 

I run asio bridge, and turn asio on? when i turn it off i hear no difference.

for jplay, i have playing via asio (my sound card)

in windows speaker icon, VB is selected as playback, and in recording, i must listen to VB with spdif out as the playback device?

This is the only way i can get any sound to play, and am not sure if the setup is correct.

Well, when you turn off Asio in Asio Bridge you should have no sound at all if the settings is correct. This is how it works with Asio driver anyway. Make sure that VB cable is set on 16/44100 Hz in the sound card settings and set as your default sound device. This setting works with Tidal...please note.

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #1,090 of 5,209
If Asio Bridge should work the player output and the computer output must have the same bits and Hz. Since Tidal output 16/44100 Hz the VB cable PC output must be the same to work properly.

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #1,091 of 5,209
If Asio Bridge should work the player output and the computer output must have the same bits and Hz. Since Tidal output 16/44100 Hz the VB cable PC output must be the same to work properly.

yupp...did all that, no sound if i select ASIO bridge as my default playback device with those particular settings, unless i "listen to device" for ASio brindge (VB) in recording tab of windows audio and select my optical out as the playback.

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #1,092 of 5,209
yupp...did all that, no sound if i select ASIO bridge as my default playback device with those particular settings, unless i "listen to device" for ASio brindge (VB) in recording tab of windows audio and select my optical out as the playback.

I guess you have listed the Wasapi driver as device in Asio Bridge, right? The problem with chrome player is that it is automaticly choosing the default sound device as audio output. If you have the desktop player you can choose the sound device yourself inside Tidal...and can choose VB cable there as well. However, it should work. It does work for me. But I mainly use the desktop app...since it sounds better to me. Play around a bit with the settings and maybe restart the computer (you did that already after Asio Bridge installation, right?) to see if it works. If it does'nt I do not know why...but it should work. I must go to sleep now...but I hope you get it working. The end result is worth the effort! :wink:

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #1,093 of 5,209
Please note that the playback device must be VB cable as well....not optical out.

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #1,094 of 5,209
Good night and good luck! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back