Tidal Lossless Streaming
May 31, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #1,066 of 5,209
I forgot to meansion that I was refering to the Windows player. The Mac player should look the same...but I have'nt used it myself. I have enabled Lastfm since I started to use Tidal and have it enabled it on all my devices and players. The recommendations in My Music tab is more like 15 personal, 43 albums and 17 artist recommendations in my case. I think you will need to have it anabled for a while to get a bigger selection. It seems that the Chrome player and iOS app does'nt have the Lastfm recommendations...just the scrobbling feature. Sadly, this is one of the draw backs with Tidal. All players do not have the same features...that I really think they should have. But, you can always check on your Lastfm account to see the complete list. The new Lastfm beta page is a lot better. You should check it out (needed to be anabled on the web page).

Thanks, Yeah, I see a few more Last.FM recommendations in my Mac app and I do see that the scrobbling is working.  I've actually had Last.FM active since 2006, so I was hoping it would use more of my data.  Strange they don't have all the features in Chrome, since it seems like this was the standard for the latest updates but I guess the Windows player is.

May 31, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #1,067 of 5,209
Is the idea that amrra for tidal will replace the current app?
or will i still need the old app? and change the output to sonicstream?
I read on the site (amrra) that a windows verison is to be realist in july.
When it is realist as i do not know anything about softvare like amrra, Jplay, foobar2000 i will need a setup guide for idiots(ie myself). 
redface.gif

Does anyone know if amarra for tidal will be more stabel than amarrasq, scens its evidently build for tidal?

May 31, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #1,068 of 5,209
Thanks, Yeah, I see a few more Last.FM recommendations in my Mac app and I do see that the scrobbling is working.  I've actually had Last.FM active since 2006, so I was hoping it would use more of my data.  Strange they don't have all the features in Chrome, since it seems like this was the standard for the latest updates but I guess the Windows player is.

If you look at lastfm's website it actually saids nothing about Tidal...but meansiones about Spotify, Sonos and others. I guess their cooperation is not that strong....probably only agreements regarding the scrobbling feature. Future seems uncertain when it comes to having the recommended music available in the Tidal GUI...sadly. :frowning2:

May 31, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #1,069 of 5,209
I see a lot of people in here posting about various programs for Mac that solve the "softness" issue (what is that anyways? If it's lossless why does it sound different?) Are there any PC alternatives I could use? I don't own a Mac.

Also -- any suggestions on an equalizer I could use with Tidal and Spotify?

May 31, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #1,070 of 5,209
I see a lot of people in here posting about various programs for Mac that solve the "softness" issue (what is that anyways? If it's lossless why does it sound different?) Are there any PC alternatives I could use? I don't own a Mac.

If you are looking for a cure for the softness and want a good equalizer your best option would be Amarra for Tidal that is coming in July. Works on Windows as well.
http://www.sonicstudio.com/amarra/aft

May 31, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #1,071 of 5,209
If you are looking for a cure for the softness and want a good equalizer your best option would be Amarra for Tidal that is coming in July. Works on Windows as well.

In the meanwhile the windows app directed into ASIO Bridge seems to do the trick for me. But looking forward to trying out Amarra for Tidal too!

May 31, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #1,072 of 5,209

Well on the Mac, these programs are the same type of programs people are using to play their own lossless collection.  For me, I already use Amarra, so they had Amarra sQ to handle streaming.  It just gives it a better soundstage and sort of a sweeter sound.  Other people have workarounds for using Audirvana and HQ player.  Those programs can upsample the sound and also shorten the signal path output to improve sound.  Not sure how Amarra does it.

I find Tidal thru Chrome on it's own doesn't have as much depth but still sounds great.  Not sure what the "softness" issue is.

Edit: With Amarra sQ, I hear improvements just running it through it with the EQ flat.  I have not played around around with any of the presets or custom EQ settings.  Nice that it's coming out for Windows too.  I've been told there will be a remote app too, so I'd assume will work for both.

May 31, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #1,073 of 5,209
I find Tidal thru Chrome on it's own doesn't have as much depth but still sounds great.  Not sure what the "softness" issue is.

Edit: With Amarra sQ, I hear improvements just running it through it with the EQ flat.  I have not played around around with any of the presets or custom EQ settings.  Nice that it's coming out for Windows too.  I've been told there will be a remote app too, so I'd assume will work for both.

I think the "softness" is probably the same thing as "lack of depth" or "blury". Different ears have different languages! :rolleyes: The true cure for this is a bitperfect setup. Any software equalizer will most probably ruin the bitperfect setup...but can in some way compensate the loss. A tip is to try Asio Bridge with bitperfect players as well. I personally think that Foobar2000 sounds better with Asio Bridge. Do not ask me why! :cool:

Is it possible to run Amarra without the equalizer enabled (eg. bypassed)? Nice if it will have a remote as well. It will make it even more interesting.

May 31, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #1,074 of 5,209

yep.  i got the impression Tidal was a high end audio product and jay z has come in with his pals and filled it with their crape.  the people whe listen their cr*p which is terrible acoustical, dynamicaly compressed and badly mastered, were not the people who used Tidal. 

like buying Rolls Royce and forcing them to put giant cupholders in it.

You hate certain music and artists and therefore you hate Tidal streaming service, and you somehow equate music you don't like with unrelated technical issues.  I don't think you even made any point here.  Are you a Tidal subscriber or is this just your "impression"?

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #1,075 of 5,209

You hate certain music and artists and therefore you hate Tidal streaming service, and you somehow equate music you don't like with unrelated technical issues.  I don't think you even made any point here.  Are you a Tidal subscriber or is this just your "impression"?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/766387/tidal-hi-definition-audio-streaming-review-by-mark2410

my point was, that Tidal was something different, soemthing special.  then jay z came along, threw all of what made it special out the window so he could turn it into a showcase his, and his co owners music.

and what unrelated technical issues?  he and his friends make a crappy quality product.  if they are going to try and plug themselves as "caring" about music they could at least bother to produce their own stuff decently, not so badly mastered and dynamically compressed to hell.

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #1,076 of 5,209
Found this Tidal support page regarding coming features: https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/sections/200936861-New-Features-Coming-Soon
Looks like the updated PC/Mac desktop player is coming as well as a remote control feature and better search engine....among others. :cool:

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #1,077 of 5,209

Offline Mode On PC/Mac

"Offline mode on the PC and Mac TIDAL applications is a feature we are very keen to integrate into TIDAL, in fact it is high on our Product Team’s agenda. The team has been working very hard to deliver this functionality."

jiphi
biggrin.gif

if this offlinemode befor crismas then me very happy.

Jun 1, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #1,078 of 5,209

Offline Mode On PC/Mac

"Offline mode on the PC and Mac TIDAL applications is a feature we are very keen to integrate into TIDAL, in fact it is high on our Product Team’s agenda. The team has been working very hard to deliver this functionality."

jiphi
biggrin.gif

if this offlinemode befor crismas then me very happy.

Before Christmas?   How about before the end of the summer? 

A lot can change before Christmas -- Spotify and Apple could come out with their own lossless services by then.  Tidal really needs to get its act together.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back