Tidal Lossless Streaming
May 19, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #991 of 5,210
If your looking for a way to integrate Tidal with an existing music collection check out RoonLabs new software.

https://roonlabs.com/

Tidal integrates into your library seamlessly. The software is subscription based and can add up to an additional $10 a month but does a lot more than just give Tidal a better interface. It's not for everyone, but it has a 14 day free trial. I committed to trying it for a year, time will tell if I find it worth he money. So far I'm impressed with the functionality and the response of the team to issues. I'm hoping they add additional services (Deezer is my fav) to the software.

May 19, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #992 of 5,210
  If your looking for a way to integrate Tidal with an existing music collection check out RoonLabs new software.

https://roonlabs.com/

Tidal integrates into your library seamlessly. The software is subscription based and can add up to an additional $10 a month but does a lot more than just give Tidal a better interface. It's not for everyone, but it has a 14 day free trial. I committed to trying it for a year, time will tell if I find it worth he money. So far I'm impressed with the functionality and the response of the team to issues. I'm hoping they add additional services (Deezer is my fav) to the software.

This looks very promising indeed...but in my opinion a crazy price. USD 499 for lifetime membership (and USD 999 for Pro version) is almost a joke. If the unlimited version was around USD 99 (=less than annual membership) it could be something outstanding. Extremely interesting products for a music lover though...but I guess I will await the iOS app and prey to higher powers that they will come to their senses regarding the pricing! :wink: If not, I will continue using lastfm.com for searching music or buy myself a Bladelius Mimer http://www.bladelius.com/products/bladelius/mimer/ that have similar features built in. Of cource....it cost around USD 3000 and does´nt have the same advanced search options...but you will get top notch hardware for a lifetime as well! :wink:

May 19, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #993 of 5,210

The price was an issue for me also, but the concept is it's not like buying a fixed product, it's like subscribing to TiVo. They should constantly be updating the metadata for your artists/music. How well this will work I'll find out. A year from now, I'll either be re-upping for a lifetime or cancelling and going back to JRiver. Heck, it's 1 less downloaded album a month, I can afford that. What would suck would be buying into the lifetime and having the software stop being supported after 18 months. Shouldn't be an issue though, these guys have been around for awhile. I believe the did the Sooloos software for Meridian.

May 19, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #995 of 5,210
Anybody see JZ''s rant this weekend saying anybody who doesn't like Tidal is a racist! I actually like Tidal for the sonic qualities, I really hope he doesn't screw the pooch and set the streaming industry back. Spotify sounds like crap, Q isn't in the States, not a happy camper:rage:.

May 19, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #996 of 5,210
Anybody see JZ''s rant this weekend saying anybody who doesn't like Tidal is a racist! I actually like Tidal for the sonic qualities, I really hope he doesn't screw the pooch and set the streaming industry back. Spotify sounds like crap, Q isn't in the States, not a happy camper:rage:.

JZ is a complete ass. I subscribe to Tidal despite his ownership. If another service gives me as good a sound and selection, I'm gone in a heart beat. By the way JZ supporters, assholeness has nothing to do with race. If you watched Tidal's big opening press conference there was a collection of asses on stage of every color and creed.

May 19, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #997 of 5,210
Well, Tidal is CLEARLY better than any other streaming service, by a LONG SHOT...so if you would not like Tidal, what could be the possible reason you have not to like it, except being a racist??...lmao

May 20, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #998 of 5,210
The price was an issue for me also, but the concept is it's not like buying a fixed product, it's like subscribing to TiVo. They should constantly be updating the metadata for your artists/music. How well this will work I'll find out. A year from now, I'll either be re-upping for a lifetime or cancelling and going back to JRiver. Heck, it's 1 less downloaded album a month, I can afford that. What would suck would be buying into the lifetime and having the software stop being supported after 18 months. Shouldn't be an issue though, these guys have been around for awhile. I believe the did the Sooloos software for Meridian.

The software looks amazing! No doubt. I like everything about it...and even understand the amount of money and time spent on the software. For me it is just a player and the charge should be in comparison to other players. Even if it is the best player ever made (heard it before) it is just a fancy one...without music. If Tidal would cooperate further with Roon Labs and add an extra USD 5/month for this lovely player I would not hesitate one second to add it.

Please note! I fully understand if you or anybody else want to pay this amount for an outstanding software like Roon Labs. I am not judging anybody´s decision here. Just not worth it for me as far as I can see right now...but I am very interested in your evaluation after some use.

May 20, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #999 of 5,210

tbh, i suspect given the amount of self love that was going on up onthat stage at the relaunch, that each and everyone of them are surrounded by ass kissers.  im sure they really think that taking what made Tidal different and throwing it out the window to turn it into the jay z show and friends is just what the world wants.

May 20, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #1,000 of 5,210
How is Qobuz compared to Tidal? I try to love Tidal, but can't help feeling more and more disappointed after the JZ acquisition. I know it's only marketing, but they are still very obnoxious people and I'd rather have my money go elsewhere. 

May 20, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #1,001 of 5,210
  How is Qobuz compared to Tidal? I try to love Tidal, but can't help feeling more and more disappointed after the JZ acquisition. I know it's only marketing, but they are still very obnoxious people and I'd rather have my money go elsewhere. 

I posted a comparison somewhere in this thread, although the Qobuz desktop app has improved since then, and the marketing schiit from Tidal has been turned up to obnoxious. Best thing for you to do is sign up for Qobuz on the two week trial & see how it goes. I recently ditched Tidal in favour of Qobuz, but now Roon has turned up...and it's so flippin' good that I'm tempted to go back to Tidal.  Roon gets around the rubbish Tidal desktop app (assuming you can even get it).  I just wish Tidal offered offline desktop mode...integrate that with Roon and it's a winner.

May 20, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #1,002 of 5,210
Sadly Qobuz isn't available in my country, and the customer service told me to wait until it is. Looks like I'm with Tidal until then.

May 20, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #1,003 of 5,210

You really think so? I think Spotify (320/Ogg) sounds pretty darned good.

Just the opposite, actually, I think there is something wrong with TIDAL's sound quality - I don't know if they are EQ'ing or over-compressing when they have bandwidth issues, but for me, I am not impressed with TIDAL's SQ (when compared with a ripped CD). It sounds "narrow" and "congested", like, well, over-compressed MP3s can sometimes sound.

For me, I am still keeping both subs alive and we'll see which one I retain, long term.

May 20, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #1,004 of 5,210
And then there's this http://www.sonicstudio.com/amarra/aft

Looks like a full desktop app with Amarra sQ integrated right into it.

May 21, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #1,005 of 5,210
I am sticking with tidal after reassuring my ocd with an artist file management via playlists. It's not the prettiest, but it will due. This is lossless music folks. If u have decent headphones, u will not be disappointed. And for those complaining about price, $20 seems pretty cheap to have a vast catalogue of music at ur disposal. Netflix yanks $8 from my account monthly, and i don't even budge. Mind u, with Tidal u will get day and date release on most new music unlike how Netflix is hampered by movie studios with the disc release/streaming rights schedule. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back