Tidal Lossless Streaming
Mar 13, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #4,187 of 5,203
Is the revised app supposed to be able to pass the full resolution out of the iPhone? Tried some hi res MQA files last night thru my Mojo and they were outputting 44.1k on all the MQA files just like before.

One thing I noticed is that if you have any downloaded or favorites albums pre-MQA, and now that MQA is available they show as masters quality. However, they still play 44.1kHz. You have to delete the old album and redownload or favorite the masters version to get the MQA quality playback.

Not sure if this is what is happening to you but thought it was worth mentioning.

Mar 13, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #4,188 of 5,203
One thing I noticed is that if you have any downloaded or favorites albums pre-MQA, and now that MQA is available they show as masters quality. However, they still play 44.1kHz. You have to delete the old album and redownload or favorite the masters version to get the MQA quality playback.

Not sure if this is what is happening to you but thought it was worth mentioning.

I did try some favorites that were MQA when I added them to my favorites, as well as some other random non favorite MQA files with the same result. Given the whole MQA eco system, it’s possible that they won’t ever allow a hi Rez digital output into a non MQA DAC.

Mar 13, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #4,189 of 5,203
I just tried streaming an MQA 96bit recording and it did indeed stream at 96/24 with my Chord Mojo without the MQA decoder. I was shocked.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #4,191 of 5,203
My Tidal apps for Windows desktop and Android absolutely will not connect. Anybody else?

The error is "No internet connection" on Windows and "No connection - Tap to refresh" on Android, but I am able to browse websites fine on both.

Update: it appears Tidal pissed the bed again. Another Android update fixed the Android issue. I accepted the Windows Tidal update and even restarted the box but it still claims no internet.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #4,193 of 5,203
Hi
can someone tell me how i can use Equalizer with playing Tidal on me PC?!
base app on PC dont allow EQ, may be some different free aps wich can play TIDAL and give EQ?

The best way is to use Roon to control Tidal streaming, your local library, and EQ.

Mar 15, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #4,194 of 5,203
The best way is to use Roon to control Tidal streaming, your local library, and EQ.

Another (not quite as good but free) method is to use Equalizer APO and the Peace GUI.

Mar 15, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #4,195 of 5,203
Another (not quite as good but free) method is to use Equalizer APO and the Peace GUI.
Thanks, I am trying using equalizer apo with Peace. But it's play sound only with master tracks. If it's playing hi fi or else quality tracks so it's not see and paly music from.

So, it's play only with master quality tracks on Tidal

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #4,198 of 5,203
Does anyone have room for two more users on their Tidal Family HiFi Plan? PM me if interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back