Tidal Lossless Streaming
Sep 14, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #3,616 of 5,203
I have never made a playlist in my life, but my wife makes them weekly... that's a valid complaint... I tend to not be a shuffler, or mixtape/"radio" person... I put on an album and usually don't make it past the third song. LOL.
Lol. I work for a courier service and run deliveries for a publishing company. I get to use my iems and Sony nw-zx2 dap all day every day and I love it. Been a Spotify user for a few years now, but having recently gotten the Zx2 I signed up for Tidal for Hifi. Being on the go so much tho I prefer to just select an artist and listen thru their discography before I take the time to change anything, so one album at a time is just annoying. Also, Tidal won't allow me to edit playlists unless I have a Wi-Fi connection so I can't very well make playlists either except at home or the gym, etc.

Sep 14, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #3,617 of 5,203
I have a random question about Tidal playback in general. I've only been using it for about a week. I've noticed that if I start an album or playlist on a track other than the first track, it will repeat back to that track if I have it set to repeat all. So, for example, if I select the 8th track on a 10 track album, after the last song it starts over at the 8th song again and will just continually play 8 thru 10.
Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? May sound like a simple question, but any insight would be appreciated.

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #3,618 of 5,203
If you look at the Play Queue you can see how Tidal maintains the queue. On my PC app, the icon is at the lower right. On the PC app, if I start an album, then add another album to the queue, Tidal inserts the new album just after the track being played. Not what I would like/expect.

Sep 14, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #3,619 of 5,203
If you look at the Play Queue you can see how Tidal maintains the queue. On my PC app, the icon is at the lower right. On the PC app, if I start an album, then add another album to the queue, Tidal inserts the new album just after the track being played. Not what I would like/expect.
It does the same thing on the mobile app too. Like I mentioned about it repeating certain songs, it even shows this in the play que. If the repeat feature is on, it will only show the track I started on and the ones after it, but not the rest of the album/playlist.

Sep 21, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #3,621 of 5,203
Does anyone know how to get the media keyboard keys to function with the Tidal app? Is it even possible?
On my iMac (Win7 Bootcamp), the Apple TV remote (the silver one) controls back, pause/play, and forward in the Tidal PC app. Not sure if this helps.

Sep 22, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #3,624 of 5,203
How do I add an album to the play queue after the album I am currently listening to? This is so annoying that I stopped using Tidal.

On the app you just "add to play queue". I'll check on my Mac later.

Sep 22, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #3,626 of 5,203
To be clear, I want to add another album at the end of the play queue -- not after the current song. "Add to play queue" inserts the album directly after the current track.
It doesn't do that for me. I just added two albums in a row to check and it added the second after the first.

Sep 22, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #3,627 of 5,203
Actually if I added multiple albums when Tidal is stopped it seems to add them back to back.

If I add whole it's playing it seems to add it after the currently playing song.

I'll see if I can figure out a better approach.

Sep 22, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #3,628 of 5,203
Actually if I added multiple albums when Tidal is stopped it seems to add them back to back.

If I add whole it's playing it seems to add it after the currently playing song.

I'll see if I can figure out a better approach.
If I recall correctly, I posted the question to Tidal a while back. I did not receive a helpful response.

Sep 23, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #3,630 of 5,203
If I recall correctly, I posted the question to Tidal a while back. I did not receive a helpful response.
Same issue here. Sent a message to Tidal support about this and got no response. The Tidal ui is lacking imo. I've used Spotify for a few years until I started buying better equipment for listening. If Spotify ever finally gets their hi-fi tier going I will definitely be dropping Tidal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back