Tidal Lossless Streaming
Aug 19, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #3,586 of 5,203
You can't hear your email notifications? With an up to date W10 operating system or the latest Mac OS, unless something is broken, I simply can't see how there is any audible problems with the system sound.

I think you may have been responding to the wrong post here, breh.

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #3,587 of 5,203
the problem was with the tidal update not users computers. it is now fixed in the latest tidal update.

exclusive mode ensures only tidal has access to use your dac. it bypasses the computers os and even bypasses any processing by tidal. the whole audio file is sent directly to your dac to be processed only by your dac. this should hopefully improve sound quality. in conjunction with the desktop app and force volume it ensures a bit perfect signal ie highest quality possible. in exclusive mode you will get automatic sample rate change in mac audio midi and you will find the computter looses all control of the dac. hope that helps.

if someone could help me: is there any disadvantage to SQ in streaming tidal with wifi to a laptop or using a desktop with wired ethernet connection? i have very good 150 mbps internet never had dropout etc with wifi. many thanks.

Aug 19, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #3,588 of 5,203
if someone could help me: is there any disadvantage to SQ in streaming tidal with wifi to a laptop or using a desktop with wired ethernet connection? i have very good 150 mbps internet never had dropout etc with wifi. many thanks.

Nnnnno? Do you notice that YouTube videos look worse when on WiFi vs wired?

It literally doesn't matter how the file gets to your computer because at that point it's just 1s and 0s. You could be reading straight off of a drive, using ethernet, WiFi, or cell phone data. At that point, the idea of "SQ" doesn't exist because all that's being transmitted is raw digital data. All that matters is what happens once the data is loaded into memory and gets pushed through to the DAC and amp.

Seriously, you could use Tidal with a 5mbps connection that has constant dropouts and the only problem you'd get is a lot of buffering time.

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #3,591 of 5,203
Has anyone tried the Sennheiser CapTune mobile app, which incorporates Tidal and adds EQ? Just downloaded and will test.

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #3,592 of 5,203
Has anyone tried the Sennheiser CapTune mobile app, which incorporates Tidal and adds EQ? Just downloaded and will test.

I have. Never really saw a purpose to it. Doesn't do anything a normal system-wide EQ would do (and I don't really like doing EQ anyway).

Aug 23, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #3,593 of 5,203
I have. Never really saw a purpose to it. Doesn't do anything a normal system-wide EQ would do (and I don't really like doing EQ anyway).

On a DAP like the Pioneer, I can't get at the EQ while using the Tidal app, so this adds that functionality (while taking away some of Tidal mobile's native functionality). So it's a trade-off, I guess. If I need EQ for some reason, I can go to the CapTune app rather than the Tidal app.

Aug 25, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #3,594 of 5,203
Has anyone else had an issue with TIDAL not streaming the Hi-Fi version of an album when recently released? Both my iPad and iPhone show the same track as lossy, even when I download it to my device (and everything is set to max quality, anyway)

Aug 25, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #3,595 of 5,203
HI all!
After 3 years with Deezer, I've finally had enough and am back with Tidal. I usually root for the underdog, but I have to call it. No matter its faults, Tidal is superior in 2 huge areas: access to other devices and overall availability of music. And it's the same price! Deezer just seems to be treading water for way too long to stick with it any longer...

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #3,596 of 5,203
hey guys, i need some help.
I just bought a M2/M2 Stack and tidal is unable to see my Modi. I only see my speakers (regular connected via hdmi) and "System default sound". Foobar works with my dac (exclusive bit perfect mode), so not sure why this isn't working.

Sep 8, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #3,598 of 5,203
HI all!
After 3 years with Deezer, I've finally had enough and am back with Tidal. I usually root for the underdog, but I have to call it. No matter its faults, Tidal is superior in 2 huge areas: access to other devices and overall availability of music. And it's the same price! Deezer just seems to be treading water for way too long to stick with it any longer...

I've been REALLY impressed with Tidal's selection. Not sure what happened over the past year, but I keep finding stuff that isn't on any of the others (as a metal fan).

Sep 8, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #3,600 of 5,203
I switched from a US account to a Canadian account this month. Sad to see some of my favorites are no longer available, like most of Mark Knopfler's albums :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back