Tidal Lossless Streaming
Aug 12, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #3,575 of 5,193
When I click on it I get https://go.tidal.com/us/reg/US2000/usHDiaFDimiCXjMcW30/HIFI you might be getting redirected to the wrong site.

I'm in the UK and when I click on your link, it takes me to the same page. If they can't get that right, I'm not going to spend £19.99 a month on their service.

When I click on the link it takes me to the Tidal log in page. I log in and can manage my account.

I can't see any problem here. Maybe something wrong with your settings, browser or laptop/mobile?

Aug 12, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #3,576 of 5,193
I've tried three browsers on my laptop, and after reading your post, my mobile. All come up with the same error. I can only assume it's a location thing because if I go to the Tidal.com site the actual site I end up in is Tidal.com/je. JE being Jersey, Channel Islands where I am located.

Anyway, I can't be bothered anymore. I was only curious as I hear it mentioned on here a lot, but my curiosity has been quenched.

Aug 14, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #3,578 of 5,193
Is anyone getting distortion with exclusive mode playing hifi tracks? a few have reported it so far. thanks.

Aug 15, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #3,579 of 5,193
Anyone else notice that Tidal is really stepping up its discovery capabilities?

Yeah, you won't get Spotify's "discover" tab, but the similar artists has worked better for me, and it updates new albums by genre a TON more frequently. I'm a metal guy and Spotify has been seriously dropping the ball on that.

Aug 15, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #3,580 of 5,193
Anyone else notice that Tidal is really stepping up its discovery capabilities?

Yeah, you won't get Spotify's "discover" tab, but the similar artists has worked better for me, and it updates new albums by genre a TON more frequently. I'm a metal guy and Spotify has been seriously dropping the ball on that.

I'm still ticked that they still haven't fixed "exclusivity mode" with Tidal Masters.. :frowning2: Thankfully Audirvana works just fine...but the Tidal App is FUBAR.

Aug 18, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #3,581 of 5,193
Is anyone getting distortion with exclusive mode playing hifi tracks? a few have reported it so far. thanks.
Hi:

I can duplicate the intermittent "stuttering" problem playing Grateful Dead/American Beauty/Operator (MASTER) using the Windows Tidal app.

Imac27 > Bootcamp PC > USB > iPurifier > iUSB > KEF LS50W

In Tidal, I have the LS50W setting to Exclusive/Force Volume

I also get stuttering playing some HIFI tracks, but it is less frequent than MASTERS. Grateful Dead/American Beauty (HIFI) plays fine.

No other apps loaded/playing in the background

Fast Forward/Backward in Tidal "fixes" the problem

EDIT: changed the DAC...

Imac27 > Bootcamp PC > USB > iPurifier > iUSB > Meridian Explorer2 line out > KEF LS50W
In Windows Tidal, I have the Explorer2 setting to Exclusive/Force Volume/Passthrough

Grateful Dead/American Beauty (MASTERS) now plays fine.

Now I suspect the problem is in the Windows Tidal app (doing the partial unfold).

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #3,582 of 5,193
I'm still ticked that they still haven't fixed "exclusivity mode" with Tidal Masters.. :frowning2: Thankfully Audirvana works just fine...but the Tidal App is FUBAR.

Yeah I bailed on Exclusive. Pure CD quality is enough for me, I'm not quibbling over little bits any more.

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #3,583 of 5,193
TIDAL update has fixed distortion issues in exclusive mode playing hifi tracks. good news

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #3,584 of 5,193
Okay so it works for me now. But um... so can anyone break down the benefit of Exclusive mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back