Tidal Lossless Streaming
Jun 15, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #3,541 of 5,203
I have done This question in other threads but until now I maintain same level of uncertinty.
As there is not available a pure transport for Mojo I am looking for a DAP able to run Tidal streaming and offline bieng able to play those two modes (streaming and offline) through
1. (a) Coax or (b) optical to Mojo
2. USB (preferbly Type C) to Mojo, if option 1a and 1b are not available
3. Bluettooth
4. WiFI (Chromecast)
If possible in the sub-$500 segment
Balanced output is not needed, dual DAC is not needed neither a great AMP section.

Is FiiO X5iiii such device? Any other?

Jun 16, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #3,543 of 5,203
I have a question about AUDIRVANA PLUS does Tidal respond as fast when running thrue
AUDIRVANA PLUS 3? If no, is it less rewponsive to the point of being annoying?

Very responsive, at least not slower than native TIDAL app.
Only feature missing from TIDAL app that I can tell is recommended tracks. And of course you don't get TIDAL app like UI in Audirvana.

Jul 2, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #3,544 of 5,203
Hi, guys! Sorry if its been answered.. couldnt find.

Websites recommend setting Exclusive Mode and Force Volume on in order to take advantage of the Master feature. I understand that it enables bit matched playback and bypasses OS filters, but Im not that purist.

Just wanted to know if my music is being played back at 96/24 if I just set my soundcard to 96/24 and dont enable exclusive mode and force volume. I reckon other sources would be upsampled, but its not a problem.

ty all!!

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #3,546 of 5,203
Can anyone here explain why tidal is louder than spotify on the PC at max volume? On the volume mixer, tidal levels push right to the top at full volume whereas spotify makes just over half way.

Is Spotify set to normalize volume? Other than that, I've never seen an application be incapable of taking the volume slider up.

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #3,547 of 5,203
Is Spotify set to normalize volume? Other than that, I've never seen an application be incapable of taking the volume slider up.

Normalize volume doesn't exist on the PC app, but that feature is on their mobile app. The volume slider is all the way up on both tidal and spotify yet tidal is clearly louder of the two. Just wondering why spotify's digital volume is lower than tidal's.

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #3,548 of 5,203
Normalize volume doesn't exist on the PC app, but that feature is on their mobile app. The volume slider is all the way up on both tidal and spotify yet tidal is clearly louder of the two. Just wondering why spotify's digital volume is lower than tidal's.

You sure about that, hombre?

kjWk7Kq.png

Jul 16, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #3,553 of 5,203
I'm new to Tidal. I'm trying to get my current portable setup to jive nicely with Tidal but I'm not having the best of luck. Perhaps some in here can shed some light.

I'm trying to use Tidal to stream hifi files on: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge > Chord Mojo > Shure SE846

I was told in another thread that I need UAPP in order to play anything from Tidal through the Chord Mojo. My question is, is this functionality restricted to just online streaming content? As it stands today, is there still no way to enjoy Tidal "offline" content through the mojo?

Any additional information on getting Tidal to play nicely with my mojo would be awesome.

Jul 16, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #3,554 of 5,203
Nevermind, I downloaded uapp and suddenly was able to simply use the Tidal app as normal, no need to use UAPP. I was told I'd have to stream through uapp. Instead I can simply use the offline functionality on Tidal.

Jul 16, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #3,555 of 5,203
Nevermind, I downloaded uapp and suddenly was able to simply use the Tidal app as normal, no need to use UAPP. I was told I'd have to stream through uapp. Instead I can simply use the offline functionality on Tidal.

I took a break and then turned it back on, now it will only play through uapp again. I'm not sure why.

Before I powered down, all sound was being routed to the mojo, including tidal offline streaming content and YouTube videos. After rebooting, it only wants to play audio from uapp. I'm so confused.

This is starting to feel like more trouble than it's worth. The Shures are super easy to drive, so even though the mojo really helps the punchiness and imaging, I'm not sure it's worth the hoops I'll have to jump through as an Android user who wants to use Tidal exclusively (and would strongly prefer an offline streaming option for most situations). It looks as though I need to be in the market for a new iphone for this to be a portable audio solution for my intended uses.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back