Thunderpants (T50RP mod) Group Buy
Nov 16, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #376 of 879
Any update? Will we be getting these before Christmas?

If not, I will have to stick with my SR009 and LCD3 at home...

Gary initially said we will comfortably.
That was a while ago and circumstances may have changed.
Hopefully everything is still ok. I had no luck contacting Gary via PM about a week ago.

I'm not really holding much hope for getting it before X-mas, since shipping usually becomes really slow near xmas.

Nov 16, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #378 of 879
Hi all,

sorry about going dark for a while, I'm slaving away to get things done and it is taking a lot of time but progress is being made and I'm still hoping to get a bunch out before Christmas. This business thing is a lot more involved than I imagined and I'm still having some problems with supplies from Beyer and other places. I also have a few sets that are taking a lot of time to do due to special requests (not GB sets) and trying to keep up with all the emails etc.

I'm working hard though, there's a lot of pressure from all sides, especially with the holidays coming up and I'm trying to keep on top of it all, it's difficult balancing the time but I'll get there. If I don't get to emails and PM's quickly it's just because of the amount of work to do and that's where my main focus has to be. With only one of me doing everything I have to be pragmatic about where time goes. I will try to answer all mails as and when I get time, getting the phones done is my top priority though.

On top of all that, I have my wife giving me crap about all the 'mess' in the house.... she just doesn't understand my system of organization :wink:

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #379 of 879

You should hire some people to share the work load if this is going to be long term and start a company if you are actually selling lots.

We will see Thunderpants rev1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.... :D

Quote:
Hi all,

sorry about going dark for a while, I'm slaving away to get things done and it is taking a lot of time but progress is being made and I'm still hoping to get a bunch out before Christmas. This business thing is a lot more involved than I imagined and I'm still having some problems with supplies from Beyer and other places. I also have a few sets that are taking a lot of time to do due to special requests (not GB sets) and trying to keep up with all the emails etc.

I'm working hard though, there's a lot of pressure from all sides, especially with the holidays coming up and I'm trying to keep on top of it all, it's difficult balancing the time but I'll get there. If I don't get to emails and PM's quickly it's just because of the amount of work to do and that's where my main focus has to be. With only one of me doing everything I have to be pragmatic about where time goes. I will try to answer all mails as and when I get time, getting the phones done is my top priority though.

On top of all that, I have my wife giving me crap about all the 'mess' in the house.... she just doesn't understand my system of organization :wink:

Nov 16, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #380 of 879
Smeggy, if you don't mind me asking, how many hours of labor goes into a set?  I understand that can be somewhat variable depending on the wood or special requests.

Understood the pressures of a business can sap alot of time from the actual building of the product.  Will be glad to get it when I get it, but no rush, just nice to have an update.

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #383 of 879
No trouble--take your time.  Thanks for the update!

Quote:
Hi all,

Nov 18, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #385 of 879
I call my system of organization "horizontal"... as in scattered around the floor in groups.  My windows desktop is the same way.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #387 of 879

Quote:
Just submitted the form asking to be added to the wait list.

The final list is back on page 21.  I don't think there is such a thing as a wait list anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back