Thunderpants (T50RP mod) Group Buy
Dec 13, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #408 of 879
Smeggy's last communication was 3 weeks 6 days ago... sure that's been awhile.  But it came with the statement "hope to get a bunch out before Christmas"... well, we still have 12 days yeah?  
biggrin.gif

I do recall some mention in the TP thread awhile back that a member mentioned his custom order took something like 8 weeks, and that was back in the summer before Jude's review, mentions in the media, etc.  To be perfectly honest, if I got mine by Feb or so I'd be surprised.  

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #409 of 879
Smeggy's last communication was 3 weeks 6 days ago... sure that's been awhile.  But it came with the statement "hope to get a bunch out before Christmas"... well, we still have 12 days yeah?  :D

I do recall some mention in the TP thread awhile back that a member mentioned his custom order took something like 8 weeks, and that was back in the summer before Jude's review, mentions in the media, etc.  To be perfectly honest, if I got mine by Feb or so I'd be surprised.  

I think you're missing the point, we have little doubt we will eventually get them, what we don't like is lack of info from the vendor. (I'm still sure Smeggy will deliver, but I think he should be more forthright with the progress and estimated dates). In fact everyone would probably not mind a delay since they're hand made and tested, but being kept out of the loop is where things start going uncomfortable and awkward customer service-wise (but hey, maybe he went for a vacation somewhere without net)

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #410 of 879

+1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +n

Quote:
I think you're missing the point, we have little doubt we will eventually get them, what we don't like is lack of info from the vendor. (I'm still sure Smeggy will deliver, but I think he should be more forthright with the progress and estimated dates). In fact everyone would probably not mind a delay since they're hand made and tested, but being kept out of the loop is where things start going uncomfortable and awkward customer service-wise (but hey, maybe he went for a vacation somewhere without net)

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #411 of 879
Hey Guys,

Smeggy is a hobbyist DIYer that had suddenly been flooded with orders.  I agree he should keep his group buy customers better informed, but making impatient posts here isn't helping any.

If you are tired of waiting, cancel your order.  Some of us on the waiting list will be glad to take your place.

Regards,
Scott

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #412 of 879
You can take my place if you want. Then again he said he already finished making mine few weeks ago. I am just waiting for him to post it out.....

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Smeggy is a hobbyist DIYer that had suddenly been flooded with orders.  I agree he should keep his group buy customers better informed, but making impatient posts here isn't helping any.

If you are tired of waiting, cancel your order.  Some of us on the waiting list will be glad to take your place.

Regards,
Scott

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #413 of 879

Quote:
You can take my place if you want. Then again he said he already finished making mine few weeks ago. I am just waiting for him to post it out.....

Just curious.......are you out of pocket any cash yet?  I've not read the complete thread, so don't know when payment is made to Smeggy.

Dec 14, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #417 of 879
Quote:

I totally get that.  Lack of communication is always frustrating.

That said, my point is the guy threw out "several orders before christmas".  That was the last comm from and the vendor and we haven't broached that yet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back