Three Brand New Earphones: Sony IER-Z1R, IER-M9 and IER-M7
Jun 14, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #1,426 of 1,487
I use my M7 woth my DMP-Z1 and the OG WM1A . I do like how they aouns on both, but imo on DMP thet scale to anotger level

Jun 17, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #1,427 of 1,487
Something that sounds to my ears very close to the M7 is the cheapie but goodie BLON BL-03 whivh i got mainly for travel as something it wont hurt if lost or if you bisit a smoking friend to avoid stinking my M7 up for months...

Pn bass they do have slight more punch and rumble but in mid and highs theyre so close even stage but maybe M7 edges thw Blon slightly here. Definitely at layering ands separation M7 win but these blons ade mot bad.

Tried thwm on my daps like wm1A NW-A25 but on DMP they do scale up ... for 38& i dont complain

Jun 19, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #1,429 of 1,487
iFi Go Pod are sensational. Better than your kilobuck cable? Absolutely not. Better sounding than a DAP like my M17? Nope. More practical on the go? You bet! I can finally say that Bluetooth is reaching its audio quality potential. pairing was a breeze; simply open the case and they turn pairing mode on. Don't forget to activate the LDAC mode in your phone's Bluetooth settings, then simply enjoy the music. Android user here. Samsung Flip 4. Fruity phone users out of luck, I suppose no LDAC for you!

In conclusion, the Pods are worth the asking price in my view. Sound great, built well, battery life is decent, what else is there? Anything that helps me enjoy more the Z1Rs is worth it.

Jun 19, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #1,430 of 1,487
iFi Go Pod are sensational. Better than your kilobuck cable? Absolutely not. Better sounding than a DAP like my M17? Nope. More practical on the go? You bet! I can finally say that Bluetooth is reaching its audio quality potential. pairing was a breeze; simply open the case and they turn pairing mode on. Don't forget to activate the LDAC mode in your phone's Bluetooth settings, then simply enjoy the music. Android user here. Samsung Flip 4. Fruity phone users out of luck, I suppose no LDAC for you!

In conclusion, the Pods are worth the asking price in my view. Sound great, built well, battery life is decent, what else is there? Anything that helps me enjoy more the Z1Rs is worth it.
Yes apple iPhone odders only AAC as vodec. But it is fone for demoing albums. My Z1R are strictly cabled with my DMP-Z1 for on the fo a NW-A25 walkman with my collection in AAC VBR with BLON BL-03's

Jun 19, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #1,431 of 1,487
Yes apple iPhone odders only AAC as vodec. But it is fone for demoing albums. My Z1R are strictly cabled with my DMP-Z1 for on the fo a NW-A25 walkman with my collection in AAC VBR with BLON BL-03's
What are you using your Z5 for? Are you keeping them? I see you haven't added to your signature.
I know someone locally who might be happy to sell his Blon-03, I am interested to try.

Jun 19, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #1,432 of 1,487
What are you using your Z5 for? Are you keeping them? I see you haven't added to your signature.
I know someone locally who might be happy to sell his Blon-03, I am interested to try.
I rotate between Z1R and XBA-Z5 a jot. In balanved from the Z1 rhey are vastly refoned on their character

Jun 19, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #1,433 of 1,487
I rotate between Z1R and XBA-Z5 a jot. In balanved from the Z1 rhey are vastly refoned on their character
I use mine for movies with my iFi Gryphon when I don't want to use overheads (MDR-Z1R), WM1Z when doing housework etc where I don't want to risk snagging my Z1R cable, and my TA-ZH1ES for a casual listen when I don't want the brighter presentation of the Z1R.

Jun 20, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #1,435 of 1,487
If I may ask, how does that combo work for you?
Superbly, I am very satisfied and finally feel no need to look any further. The XBass and XSpace are ideal for movie audio, although I do intend to use for some music too.
The XBA-Z5 has excellent bass and soundstage and in my experience benefits from a device with decent power output. With certain bass-heavy albums with the XBass on it can be a bit too much, but for movies it's bliss.

Jun 21, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #1,436 of 1,487
Superbly, I am very satisfied and finally feel no need to look any further. The XBass and XSpace are ideal for movie audio, although I do intend to use for some music too.
The XBA-Z5 has excellent bass and soundstage and in my experience benefits from a device with decent power output. With certain bass-heavy albums with the XBass on it can be a bit too much, but for movies it's bliss.

Thanks again and I hear you. XBass can be too much for some bass-intense music tracks, but that extra rumble does work wonders with movies. Enjoy :beerchug:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 21, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #1,437 of 1,487
Thanks again and I hear you. XBass can be too much for some bass-intense music tracks, but that extra rumble does work wonders with movies. Enjoy :beerchug:
Thanks. I owned the original xDSD (for music) and really enjoyed the sound, but there were some aspects that I didn't like about it so ended up parting ways with it. I was always looking for an chance to own an iFi product again and the Gryphon has ticked every box for me: in/outputs galore, XBass/XSpace, great sound, and sexy as 😘

I better make this relevant to the thread. I prefer dynamic bass and chose to keep my Z5 when demoing the M7 and M9 in Japan when they were released. I'll finally be back in December and plan to give them another go with my wiser, more experienced ears.

Jun 22, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #1,438 of 1,487
What does the Xspace do? Is like bigger soundstage? Or stereo widener? Or acts like my DMP-Z1 when using DSD Remaster enfine to upsample PCM (and DSD64) ro DSD128 it adds spme jind of holographt ans quasi surround effecr /binaural like without sounding at all artificial

Jun 22, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #1,439 of 1,487
You can pair yout WM1Z with your Gryphon usinf one of these sony cables

image.jpg

Jun 22, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #1,440 of 1,487
You can pair yout WM1Z with your Gryphon usinf one of these sony cables

image.jpg
I have (got the idea from Redcarmoose). Unfortunate that it's such a bulky adapter, I'd use my phone anyway.

20230512_072247.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back