Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just to get you to think about stuff)
Apr 28, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #4,651 of 6,500
Quote:prot
 but the bills in my wallet are kinda lazy and sticky and more than one opinion is needed to move them.

Either exercise the wallet as a matter of urgency, or surgery is strongly indicated.

Quote:Lohb

Get a theta, get an iggy,
At once ? Now that is wishful thinki$$$g :wink:

This is what bank overdrafts were designed for.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #4,652 of 6,500
  At once ? Now that is wishful thinki$$$g :wink:

Buy a Theta until you can afford an Yggy. I know someone here recently sold a Theta to get an Yggy 
smile.gif

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #4,656 of 6,500
Seriously!!! It cost me 450$! Damn

What did you buy ?! schiit stuff?

You have to make it shipped by USPS. UPS/Fedex are real thieves when you do international shipment. USPS and Canada Post have broker arrangement between borders. Takes a bit longer, but you pay a looooot less !!

Sure you have to pay the God damn 15% quebec taxes, but you have no custom duties to pay.

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #4,658 of 6,500
And then 7 days after switching it on for impressions.

Just waiting for the review saying how terrible the sound is.

"I plugged it in and right away I knew I had made a mistake. This DAC sounded terrible! I can't believe the hype around the Yggy, right out of the box and then back in. 1/10"
-inexperienced dude

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #4,660 of 6,500
  that was only because turned on the wrong DAC......  
blink.gif

or they played 192 kbps .mp3 instead of FLAC file of the same name

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #4,662 of 6,500
  How's Yggy single ended output? Is it as bad as Gungnir? meaning higher noise floor.

this thread sort of took off in another direction, and not sure this got answered-
is it a measurable noise floor or ?

Single Ended Gungnir for me:
iMac and USB impart some slight static via Gungnir, but only when Lyr 2 is on high gain, no music playing, and volume knob cranked.
no USB tweaks remove the fuzz (Regen nor Wyrd) but a JK Audio Pureformer in my RCA chain does clean it all up, providing a dead black background.

even XLR to RCA cables out of Gungnir doesn't change the above.
won't have chance to go full balanced cables and HE-560s until Liquid Carbon arrives.

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #4,664 of 6,500
  My Schiit stack has been shipped yesterday ! :D 

But could take a while before receiving it ... Must traverse the Canadian customs .. :frowning2: 

Any experience here on how long it took from US to Canada ?

It will be 5-6 days (cleared customs yesterday, delivery today or tomorrow) for my Yggdrasil to go from California to Ottawa with USPS. 

Apr 28, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #4,665 of 6,500
It will be 5-6 days (cleared customs yesterday, delivery today or tomorrow) for my Yggdrasil to go from California to Ottawa with USPS. 

Thanks a lot!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back