Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Jul 27, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #3,841 of 3,962
You know something, now dont get me wrong, when men went to the moon in 1969, if people are saying he is high tech (rocket science how are you thatst what we say in dublin) now take this with a grain of salt thats another dublin expression im glad the apollo astronauts had nice quick back up imagine if they were stranded on the moon for 2 years how long thanks im not sure of his hi tech, just making a statement, in otherwords ill think twice before im propelled by his technolgy,i know i had to say something when i read somewhere he rocket scientist, as i say ed

Jul 27, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #3,842 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ed lynch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know something, now dont get me wrong, when men went to the moon in 1969, if people are saying he is high tech (rocket science how are you thatst what we say in dublin) now take this with a grain of salt thats another dublin expression im glad the apollo astronauts had nice quick back up imagine if they were stranded on the moon for 2 years how long thanks im not sure of his hi tech, just making a statement, in otherwords ill think twice before im propelled by his technolgy,i know i had to say something when i read somewhere he rocket scientist, as i say ed

Space Program Comedy how are you - that's what we say in Philadelphia. Whoa!!!!! Ed!!!!! You are hittin' on all cylinders - that's another thing we say in Philadelphia. Good one!!!!! Next time I'm in Dublin (next time will be the first, BTW), at which Comedy Club do you do your show? No, really, that's a funny association you bring up with Dr. Xin's background as a Rocket Scientist.

I did a search for the sony mp3 player you'd mentioned in a previous post. It reviews well. You got the top-of-the-line 16 GB model. Do you happen to know a more modestly-featured (yup, cheaper) model with the same music playback technology, but smaller capacity, like maybe 2 or 4 GB and less fancy screen and interface?

Jul 27, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #3,843 of 3,962
Well i can tell you Sbulack ithink ibought it about a nearly year ago in dublin i must say it sounds fantastic there is other versions on it like not sure im sure there will be better veriations on this year the version i got i filled it up immediately and it only took one third of the capicity the sound is fantastic you just plugthis thing in and it needs no whats the word to exit on computer in other words you dont have to press releae on computer this nwz 639 is automatic it comes in different forms the one i have at the moment is a 16 gb ive seen them at 8gb doesnt matter the main thing if you have anything on songs just drag and drop get your hand on one of these things whether through any sourse this is i shouldnt say i think its better than most ive tried at the moment download music onto one i you will what meat having said that all technologies are different but i find thy are all cattich up

Jul 27, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #3,844 of 3,962
Sbulack, i just did a quick search on line would you believe without naming the company starts with an a that now there is a 32gb version available, i was just looking around for latest headphones, there you are, as i havent purchased for a long time, i had this yoke on holidays im talking about my portable and after 40 hours there was still juice left in the battery bty it was rome in case anybody is wondering my first break in a long time i think sony has stepped up to the mark btw the is starts with amaz..cant say further but i must check again could be new models for this year, wish to god they could do dr zin reference wouldnt it be something we could get it in 3 days, all the best,ed

Aug 8, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #3,846 of 3,962
24 month anniversary, read: 2 years. yay!

cheers xin, once again, you make waiting a very sexy game.
rolleyes.gif

not

Aug 8, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #3,847 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ed lynch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sbulack, i just did a quick search on line would you believe without naming the company starts with an a that now there is a 32gb version available, ... wish to god they could do dr zin reference wouldnt it be something we could get it in 3 days, all the best,ed

I just received a 4 GB Sony NWZ... mp3/mp4 player, which I'm using with Yuin PK1 buds - and it sounds SO fine. For a little extra pizzazz, I add in a FiiO E3 or E5 - and I just melt into the sound. Thanks, Ed, for the reminder that I really do love how Sony portable players sound. Yep, it's got what it takes to keep me hitting the "Play" button. And, it's not much bigger than the FiiO E5, yet its buttons are easy to find and operate. Well, adding a Sony player back into my listening line-up is a good use of the time spent waiting for the Xin Reference amp (that I ordered 24 months ago, today). And I can remember back to when I thought that a 3 month waiting time was just out-of-the-question. Thanks again, Ed, for your reminder of just how good a Sony player can sound.

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #3,849 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
24 month anniversary, read: 2 years. yay!

cheers xin, once again, you make waiting a very sexy game.
rolleyes.gif

not

Wow! i cant believe its reached the 2 year mark already
eek.gif

It doesn't seem that long ago i was checking this thread regularly waiting on mine thinking we would have them in 6-9 months. Hopefully xin gets himself sorted out, sooner rather than any later and starts pumping these out again.

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #3,850 of 3,962
yup. twomanyyears

i know, i remember the very same innocent days
biggrin.gif

i dont even want them now, but stubborness and curiousity is a dangerous mix Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! i cant believe its reached the 2 year mark already
eek.gif

It doesn't seem that long ago i was checking this thread regularly waiting on mine thinking we would have them in 6-9 months. Hopefully xin gets himself sorted out, sooner rather than any later and starts pumping these out again.

Aug 8, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #3,851 of 3,962
Don't know why if the guy had that much demand he couldn't get more help I mean it is one thing to like to do all the work yourself but it is another thing to make customers wait ungodly amounts of time to get it.

Aug 8, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #3,853 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know why if the guy had that much demand he couldn't get more help I mean it is one thing to like to do all the work yourself but it is another thing to make customers wait ungodly amounts of time to get it.

The manner in which Xin works on these/worked?, is not conducive to having someone else there though I agree, training someone would be a good way to get these out. It really doesn't take that long to load up a board and stick it in the oven, maybe 5 minutes or a little longer. To solder on the volume control and a few other parts a little longer.

Aug 18, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #3,854 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received a 4 GB Sony NWZ... mp3/mp4 player, which I'm using with Yuin PK1 buds - and it sounds SO fine. For a little extra pizzazz, I add in a FiiO E3 or E5 - and I just melt into the sound. Thanks, Ed, for the reminder that I really do love how Sony portable players sound. Yep, it's got what it takes to keep me hitting the "Play" button. And, it's not much bigger than the FiiO E5, yet its buttons are easy to find and operate. Well, adding a Sony player back into my listening line-up is a good use of the time spent waiting for the Xin Reference amp (that I ordered 24 months ago, today). And I can remember back to when I thought that a 3 month waiting time was just out-of-the-question. Thanks again, Ed, for your reminder of just how good a Sony player can sound.

If you compairing to SONY 1060 or AMP3, you will be regret your currunt SONY MODEL.

Aug 18, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #3,855 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by headfever /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you compairing to SONY 1060 or AMP3, you will be regret your currunt SONY MODEL.

I just received the AMP3 that I ordered this evening. The package was waiting for me when I returned from work. I'm listening to it now, and it has not had enough use at this point to know its real performance, but the AMP3 is already sounding quite good. Because of its accurate portrayal of the sound, it's amazing the intimacy that comes through because the details which portray such intimacy are so easily there to hear - and don't have to be listened-for, and can be heard at lower (and intimate) volume. I'm sure that, with more use, the AMP3 player, amp and phones will all blossom into offering a remarkably impressive listening experience. I'm also already LOVEing the FM radio in the AMP3. It receives my favorite FM stations really well (very little interference), and portrays that analog source really beautifully. I doubt, however, that I would have bought the AMP3 if I hadn't been enjoying the much more modest Sony DAP model so much. Because it's so inexpensive, I'll enjoy it in settings in which I would not want to use something more expensive - like an iMod or the AMP3. Since I know that I really LOVE the sound of a Sony player, I'll also do some homework on the 1060 model you've mentioned. Thanks for the pointer.

Some day, when I DO get the Xin Reference I ordered two years on August 8, I will have a few sources, the sound from which I really enjoy, to use with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back